|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wishful Thinking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His foster mother.
(d) His brother.
2. Who is David's "bunk buddy" in the Air Force?
3. In the hospital, what story does David tell his father so that he can talk to him without worrying what to say?
(a) A story about the day he was rescued from his mother.
(b) A story about their trip to the Russian River.
(c) A story about cooking for the Air Force.
(d) A story about his enlistment process.
4. Who calls Alice to tell her about the admittance of David's father into the hospital?
(a) David's father.
(b) David's brother Russell.
(c) David's mother.
(d) David's brother Stan.
5. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
(a) A bruised esophagus.
(b) A crushed larynx.
(c) A swollen Adam's apple.
(d) A crushed nasal passage.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
2. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
3. According to David, what word is associated with the highest compliment that his father could give him?
4. What does David make the nurse promise after she tells him she knows the truth about the abuse?
5. According to the nurse, what is David's first priority relating to his father's stay in the hospital?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)