|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wishful Thinking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His foster mother.
2. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Because he is flying.
(b) Because he has cancer.
(c) Because he is going to see his brother.
(d) Because he has pneumonia.
3. What is the name of David's social worker?
(a) Ms. Silver.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Ms. Free.
(d) Ms. Smith.
4. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
5. While talking to his father in the hospital, why does David say he joined the Air Force?
(a) To become a fireman and honor his father.
(b) To become a pilot and prove that he can be successful.
(c) To get away from his mother.
(d) To follow the military motto and "be all that he can be."
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
2. What item of his father's does David take from the coat in the closet?
3. What does David make the nurse promise after she tells him she knows the truth about the abuse?
4. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
5. Who calls Alice to tell her about the admittance of David's father into the hospital?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)