|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wishful Thinking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
2. Which one of David's brothers came to the hospital to see their father before David arrived?
3. What is the date of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(a) August 24, 1979.
(b) August 1, 1979.
(c) October 24, 1979.
(d) October 1, 1979.
4. What item of his father's does David take from the coat in the closet?
(a) His father's medicine.
(b) His father's admittance papers.
(c) His father's medical card.
(d) His father's badge.
5. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I am ready to die.
(b) I want to stand up for myself.
(c) I am done with hurting.
(d) I am going to make mom hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is David's "bunk buddy" in the Air Force?
2. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
3. What does the enlisting sergeant call David when talking to him about planes?
4. Upon entering the hospital to see David's father, what does the smell remind him of?
5. Who calls Alice to tell her about the admittance of David's father into the hospital?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)