|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wishful Thinking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(a) October 24, 1979.
(b) October 1, 1979.
(c) August 1, 1979.
(d) August 24, 1979.
2. What does David think his father's admittance into the hospital will do for his family?
(a) Bring his parents back together.
(b) Create a relationship between David and his mother.
(c) Create a relationship between David and his father.
(d) Bring him closure regarding his abusive family.
3. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
(a) A bruised esophagus.
(b) A swollen Adam's apple.
(c) A crushed nasal passage.
(d) A crushed larynx.
4. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his physical strength.
(b) By his courage.
(c) By his knowledge of planes.
(d) By his schooling.
5. What excuse does David's mother come up with to cover up his injuries sustained from being pushed down the stairs?
(a) He was sleep-walking.
(b) He was wrestling with his brothers.
(c) He tripped.
(d) He fell off his bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
2. What is the name of the male nurse that meets David to inform him about his father's condition?
3. Who is David's aviation mentor?
4. What does the enlisting sergeant call David when talking to him about planes?
5. After basic training is completed, what position does David get in the Air Force?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)