|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wishful Thinking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While talking to his father in the hospital, why does David say he joined the Air Force?
(a) To get away from his mother.
(b) To become a pilot and prove that he can be successful.
(c) To follow the military motto and "be all that he can be."
(d) To become a fireman and honor his father.
2. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
(a) Standing like a statue at the end of a hall.
(b) In a hospital room.
(c) In a grave.
(d) Holding her arms out to welcome him into an embrace.
3. What was the date that David was placed into protective custody?
(a) March 5, 1973.
(b) January 1, 1974.
(c) August 24, 1979.
(d) December 31, 1973.
4. What does David want his mother to do to him?
(a) Give him a bath.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Tell him she loves him.
(d) Kill him.
5. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
(a) He is losing too much blood.
(b) He is hyperventilating.
(c) He has third-degree burns.
(d) He has a broken leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
2. After basic training is completed, what position does David get in the Air Force?
3. According to the nurse, what is David's first priority relating to his father's stay in the hospital?
4. What is the name of David's foster mother?
5. Much to David's surprise, how long has his father been in the hospital?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)