|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wishful Thinking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David make the nurse promise after she tells him she knows the truth about the abuse?
(a) That his mom will go to jail.
(b) That she won't tell for today.
(c) That she will forget.
(d) That she will never tell.
2. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A few days.
3. In the hospital, what story does David tell his father so that he can talk to him without worrying what to say?
(a) A story about his enlistment process.
(b) A story about their trip to the Russian River.
(c) A story about cooking for the Air Force.
(d) A story about the day he was rescued from his mother.
4. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
(a) Standing like a statue at the end of a hall.
(b) Holding her arms out to welcome him into an embrace.
(c) In a hospital room.
(d) In a grave.
5. Instead of going out during time off from the Air Force, what does David do?
(a) Call all of his family.
(b) Write letters home.
(d) Lie in bed and cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
2. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
3. What is the name of the male nurse that meets David to inform him about his father's condition?
4. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
5. While talking to his father in the hospital, why does David say he joined the Air Force?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)