|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wishful Thinking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
(a) A photo of his wedding.
(b) His retiremant papers.
(c) His fireman's badge.
(d) David's birth certificate.
2. According to David, what word is associated with the highest compliment that his father could give him?
3. What does David want his mother to do to him?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Give him a bath.
(d) Tell him she loves him.
4. Where does the book begin?
(a) Red River, California.
(b) San Francisco, California.
(c) Russian RIver, California.
(d) Daly City, California.
5. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Because he has cancer.
(b) Because he has pneumonia.
(c) Because he is going to see his brother.
(d) Because he is flying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of David's brothers came to the hospital to see their father before David arrived?
2. What item of his father's does David take from the coat in the closet?
3. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
4. In the hospital, what story does David tell his father so that he can talk to him without worrying what to say?
5. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)