|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wishful Thinking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Antonio.
2. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
(a) A waste.
(b) An animal.
(c) An object.
(d) A thing.
3. What decision does David make during the summer of 1978?
(a) To contact his brothers.
(b) To become a car salesman.
(c) To quit high school.
(d) To see his mother.
4. According to David, who is the only one who can save his father?
(a) His father.
(b) No one can save him.
5. In the hospital, what story does David tell his father so that he can talk to him without worrying what to say?
(a) A story about the day he was rescued from his mother.
(b) A story about their trip to the Russian River.
(c) A story about his enlistment process.
(d) A story about cooking for the Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does David's mother come up with to cover up his injuries sustained from being pushed down the stairs?
2. Why does David refuse to say anything bad about his mother to the nurse?
3. What is the name of David's foster mother?
4. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
5. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)