|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
(a) In a hospital room.
(b) Holding her arms out to welcome him into an embrace.
(c) In a grave.
(d) Standing like a statue at the end of a hall.
2. What is the name of David's social worker?
(a) Ms. Silver.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Ms. Smith.
(d) Ms. Free.
3. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
(a) John Boyd.
(b) "Tex" Johnston.
(c) Chuck Yeager.
(d) Christopher Platte.
4. According to David, what word is associated with the highest compliment that his father could give him?
5. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
(a) Mommy and The Mother.
(b) Mommy and Mom.
(c) Mother and The Monster.
(d) Mom and The Monster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
2. Where is David at in the beginning of his book?
3. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
4. Instead of going out during time off from the Air Force, what does David do?
5. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)