|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
(a) Ones from his father.
(b) Ones from his brothers.
(c) Ones marked "Return to Sender."
(d) Ones from his mother.
2. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
(a) Mom and The Monster.
(b) Mommy and Mom.
(c) Mother and The Monster.
(d) Mommy and The Mother.
3. What excuse does David's mother come up with to cover up his injuries sustained from being pushed down the stairs?
(a) He tripped.
(b) He was wrestling with his brothers.
(c) He was sleep-walking.
(d) He fell off his bike.
4. What does the enlisting sergeant call David when talking to him about planes?
5. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
2. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
3. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
4. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
5. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)