|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his physical strength.
(b) By his courage.
(c) By his schooling.
(d) By his knowledge of planes.
2. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
(a) His mother.
(b) His foster mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
3. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
(a) His superior officer.
(b) His brother.
(c) His Mother.
4. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Because he has pneumonia.
(b) Because he has cancer.
(c) Because he is going to see his brother.
(d) Because he is flying.
5. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
(a) A bruised esophagus.
(b) A crushed larynx.
(c) A crushed nasal passage.
(d) A swollen Adam's apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the book begin?
2. What is the name of David's social worker?
3. According to David, who is the only one who can save his father?
4. Who is David's aviation mentor?
5. What does David make the nurse promise after she tells him she knows the truth about the abuse?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)