|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is David at in the beginning of his book?
(a) The basement.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The garage.
2. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Because he has cancer.
(b) Because he is going to see his brother.
(c) Because he is flying.
(d) Because he has pneumonia.
3. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his physical strength.
(b) By his schooling.
(c) By his knowledge of planes.
(d) By his courage.
4. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
(a) A photo of his wedding.
(b) His retiremant papers.
(c) David's birth certificate.
(d) His fireman's badge.
5. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
(a) In a hospital room.
(b) In a grave.
(c) Standing like a statue at the end of a hall.
(d) Holding her arms out to welcome him into an embrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David make the nurse promise after she tells him she knows the truth about the abuse?
2. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
3. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
4. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
5. According to David, what word is associated with the highest compliment that his father could give him?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)