|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
2. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
(a) An object.
(b) An animal.
(c) A thing.
(d) A waste.
3. What is the name of David's social worker?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Ms. Smith.
(c) Ms. Free.
(d) Ms. Silver.
4. Where does the book begin?
(a) Daly City, California.
(b) Russian RIver, California.
(c) Red River, California.
(d) San Francisco, California.
5. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I am going to make mom hurt.
(b) I am done with hurting.
(c) I want to stand up for myself.
(d) I am ready to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David make the nurse promise after she tells him she knows the truth about the abuse?
2. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
3. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
4. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
5. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)