|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to David, what word is associated with the highest compliment that his father could give him?
2. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few days.
(c) A month.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I want to stand up for myself.
(b) I am done with hurting.
(c) I am ready to die.
(d) I am going to make mom hurt.
4. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
5. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his physical strength.
(b) By his schooling.
(c) By his courage.
(d) By his knowledge of planes.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to David, who is the only one who can save his father?
2. What does David make the nurse promise after she tells him she knows the truth about the abuse?
3. Where is David at in the beginning of his book?
4. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
5. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)