|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After basic training is completed, what position does David get in the Air Force?
(a) A cook.
(b) A gunner.
(c) A fireman.
(d) A pilot.
2. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
(a) Mom and The Monster.
(b) Mother and The Monster.
(c) Mommy and Mom.
(d) Mommy and The Mother.
3. According to David, what word is associated with the highest compliment that his father could give him?
4. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few days.
5. Why does David refuse to say anything bad about his mother to the nurse?
(a) Because he claims no one wins against her.
(b) Because she will deny everything.
(c) Because she is sick.
(d) Because she will die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the enlisting sergeant call David when talking to him about planes?
2. Instead of going out during time off from the Air Force, what does David do?
3. What excuse does David's mother come up with to cover up his injuries sustained from being pushed down the stairs?
4. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
5. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)