|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David make the nurse promise after she tells him she knows the truth about the abuse?
(a) That she won't tell for today.
(b) That she will never tell.
(c) That she will forget.
(d) That his mom will go to jail.
2. What does David want his mother to do to him?
(a) Tell him she loves him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Give him a bath.
(d) Kill him.
3. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
(a) Ones from his mother.
(b) Ones from his brothers.
(c) Ones from his father.
(d) Ones marked "Return to Sender."
4. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
5. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Because he is going to see his brother.
(b) Because he has pneumonia.
(c) Because he has cancer.
(d) Because he is flying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does David make during the summer of 1978?
2. What does the enlisting sergeant call David when talking to him about planes?
3. Where is David at in the beginning of his book?
4. What does David's mother call him?
5. Who is David's "bunk buddy" in the Air Force?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)