|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
(a) A swollen Adam's apple.
(b) A bruised esophagus.
(c) A crushed larynx.
(d) A crushed nasal passage.
2. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
(a) An object.
(b) A thing.
(c) A waste.
(d) An animal.
3. According to David, who is the only one who can save his father?
(a) His father.
(c) No one can save him.
4. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
(a) Mommy and Mom.
(b) Mommy and The Mother.
(c) Mother and The Monster.
(d) Mom and The Monster.
5. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I am ready to die.
(b) I am done with hurting.
(c) I am going to make mom hurt.
(d) I want to stand up for myself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David want his mother to do to him?
2. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
3. What is the name of David's foster mother?
4. What decision does David make during the summer of 1978?
5. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)