|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
(a) Ones from his mother.
(b) Ones from his brothers.
(c) Ones marked "Return to Sender."
(d) Ones from his father.
2. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
(a) A crushed larynx.
(b) A crushed nasal passage.
(c) A bruised esophagus.
(d) A swollen Adam's apple.
3. According to David, what word is associated with the highest compliment that his father could give him?
4. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
(a) He has third-degree burns.
(b) He is losing too much blood.
(c) He is hyperventilating.
(d) He has a broken leg.
5. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His foster mother.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is David's aviation mentor?
2. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
3. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
4. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
5. What does David's mother call him?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)