|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Because he has pneumonia.
(b) Because he is going to see his brother.
(c) Because he is flying.
(d) Because he has cancer.
2. What does David's mother call him?
3. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
4. Who is David's aviation mentor?
(a) Timothy Michaels.
(b) Michael Timmons.
(c) Michael Marsh.
(d) Scott Trinder.
5. What is the date of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(a) August 1, 1979.
(b) October 24, 1979.
(c) August 24, 1979.
(d) October 1, 1979.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
2. What does David make the nurse promise after she tells him she knows the truth about the abuse?
3. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
4. What excuse does David's mother come up with to cover up his injuries sustained from being pushed down the stairs?
5. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)