|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does David make during the summer of 1978?
(a) To see his mother.
(b) To contact his brothers.
(c) To quit high school.
(d) To become a car salesman.
2. What does David want his mother to do to him?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Give him a bath.
(c) Tell him she loves him.
(d) Hug him.
3. Who is David's aviation mentor?
(a) Timothy Michaels.
(b) Scott Trinder.
(c) Michael Marsh.
(d) Michael Timmons.
4. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his knowledge of planes.
(b) By his schooling.
(c) By his courage.
(d) By his physical strength.
5. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the enlisting sergeant call David when talking to him about planes?
2. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
3. Instead of going out during time off from the Air Force, what does David do?
4. Why does David refuse to say anything bad about his mother to the nurse?
5. According to David, who is the only one who can save his father?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)