|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I want to stand up for myself.
(b) I am done with hurting.
(c) I am going to make mom hurt.
(d) I am ready to die.
2. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
(a) Ones from his father.
(b) Ones from his mother.
(c) Ones from his brothers.
(d) Ones marked "Return to Sender."
3. Where is David at in the beginning of his book?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) The garage.
(d) The basement.
4. Who is David's aviation mentor?
(a) Scott Trinder.
(b) Michael Timmons.
(c) Michael Marsh.
(d) Timothy Michaels.
5. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
2. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
3. What does the enlisting sergeant call David when talking to him about planes?
4. What decision does David make during the summer of 1978?
5. What does David want his mother to do to him?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)