|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his physical strength.
(b) By his schooling.
(c) By his knowledge of planes.
(d) By his courage.
2. Where does the book begin?
(a) Red River, California.
(b) Daly City, California.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Russian RIver, California.
3. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Because he has pneumonia.
(b) Because he is flying.
(c) Because he is going to see his brother.
(d) Because he has cancer.
4. What does David want his mother to do to him?
(a) Tell him she loves him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Give him a bath.
5. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
(a) Holding her arms out to welcome him into an embrace.
(b) In a grave.
(c) In a hospital room.
(d) Standing like a statue at the end of a hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is David's aviation mentor?
2. What is the name of David's social worker?
3. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
4. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
5. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)