|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does David's mother come up with to cover up his injuries sustained from being pushed down the stairs?
(a) He was wrestling with his brothers.
(b) He was sleep-walking.
(c) He fell off his bike.
(d) He tripped.
2. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I am done with hurting.
(b) I want to stand up for myself.
(c) I am going to make mom hurt.
(d) I am ready to die.
3. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
(a) An animal.
(b) A thing.
(c) An object.
(d) A waste.
4. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his physical strength.
(b) By his knowledge of planes.
(c) By his courage.
(d) By his schooling.
5. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
(a) A crushed nasal passage.
(b) A swollen Adam's apple.
(c) A bruised esophagus.
(d) A crushed larynx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the enlisting sergeant call David when talking to him about planes?
2. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
3. What is the name of David's social worker?
4. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
5. Where is David at in the beginning of his book?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)