|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
2. After basic training is completed, what position does David get in the Air Force?
(a) A cook.
(b) A gunner.
(c) A pilot.
(d) A fireman.
3. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
(a) Mommy and The Mother.
(b) Mommy and Mom.
(c) Mom and The Monster.
(d) Mother and The Monster.
4. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few weeks.
5. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
(a) He is hyperventilating.
(b) He is losing too much blood.
(c) He has third-degree burns.
(d) He has a broken leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
2. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
3. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
4. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
5. What is the name of David's foster mother?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)