|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of David's social worker?
(a) Ms. Smith.
(b) Ms. Silver.
(c) Ms. Free.
(d) Ms. Gold.
2. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
(a) A waste.
(b) An object.
(c) An animal.
(d) A thing.
3. Instead of going out during time off from the Air Force, what does David do?
(b) Call all of his family.
(c) Write letters home.
(d) Lie in bed and cry.
4. Where is David at in the beginning of his book?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The basement.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) The garage.
5. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(b) San Francisco.
(d) San Antonio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
2. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
3. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
4. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
5. What is the name of David's foster mother?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)