|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date that David was placed into protective custody?
(a) March 5, 1973.
(b) January 1, 1974.
(c) December 31, 1973.
(d) August 24, 1979.
2. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
(a) John Boyd.
(b) "Tex" Johnston.
(c) Chuck Yeager.
(d) Christopher Platte.
3. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
(b) His Mother.
(c) His superior officer.
(d) His brother.
4. What is the date of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(a) August 24, 1979.
(b) October 24, 1979.
(c) October 1, 1979.
(d) August 1, 1979.
5. What does the enlisting sergeant call David when talking to him about planes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
2. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
3. After basic training is completed, what position does David get in the Air Force?
4. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
5. Who is David's aviation mentor?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)