|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
(a) His brother.
(b) His Mother.
(d) His superior officer.
2. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his schooling.
(b) By his physical strength.
(c) By his knowledge of planes.
(d) By his courage.
3. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
(a) Mommy and The Mother.
(b) Mommy and Mom.
(c) Mother and The Monster.
(d) Mom and The Monster.
4. What is the name of David's social worker?
(a) Ms. Smith.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Ms. Free.
(d) Ms. Silver.
5. Why does David refuse to say anything bad about his mother to the nurse?
(a) Because he claims no one wins against her.
(b) Because she will deny everything.
(c) Because she is sick.
(d) Because she will die.
Short Answer Questions
1. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
2. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
3. According to David, what word is associated with the highest compliment that his father could give him?
4. Who is David's "bunk buddy" in the Air Force?
5. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)