|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
2. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
(a) John Boyd.
(b) Christopher Platte.
(c) Chuck Yeager.
(d) "Tex" Johnston.
3. According to David, what word is associated with the highest compliment that his father could give him?
4. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
(a) A thing.
(b) An object.
(c) An animal.
(d) A waste.
5. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his courage.
(b) By his physical strength.
(c) By his schooling.
(d) By his knowledge of planes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After basic training is completed, what position does David get in the Air Force?
2. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
3. Instead of going out during time off from the Air Force, what does David do?
4. Who is David's aviation mentor?
5. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)