|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wishful Thinking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to the hospital with David to see his father for the first time?
(a) His mother.
2. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his knowledge of planes.
(b) By his schooling.
(c) By his courage.
(d) By his physical strength.
3. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
(a) A bruised esophagus.
(b) A crushed larynx.
(c) A crushed nasal passage.
(d) A swollen Adam's apple.
4. What does David make the nurse promise after she tells him she knows the truth about the abuse?
(a) That she will never tell.
(b) That she will forget.
(c) That she won't tell for today.
(d) That his mom will go to jail.
5. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of his father's does David take from the coat in the closet?
2. While talking to his father in the hospital, why does David say he joined the Air Force?
3. According to David, who is the only one who can save his father?
4. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
5. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)