|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Letter from Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of going out during time off from the Air Force, what does David do?
(a) Call all of his family.
(c) Write letters home.
(d) Lie in bed and cry.
2. What is the name of David's social worker?
(a) Ms. Free.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Ms. Smith.
(d) Ms. Silver.
3. What excuse does David's mother come up with to cover up his injuries sustained from being pushed down the stairs?
(a) He was sleep-walking.
(b) He tripped.
(c) He fell off his bike.
(d) He was wrestling with his brothers.
4. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
(a) He has a broken leg.
(b) He is losing too much blood.
(c) He has third-degree burns.
(d) He is hyperventilating.
5. Who is David's "bunk buddy" in the Air Force?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
2. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
3. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
4. What does the enlisting sergeant call David when talking to him about planes?
5. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)