|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Last Dance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of going out during time off from the Air Force, what does David do?
(a) Lie in bed and cry.
(c) Call all of his family.
(d) Write letters home.
2. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his courage.
(b) By his schooling.
(c) By his knowledge of planes.
(d) By his physical strength.
3. What happened to the home of David's mother while he was in Egypt?
(a) She sold it.
(b) It went into foreclosure.
(c) It was struck by lightening and burned down.
(d) Stan accidently burned it down.
4. What happens after David gives a presentation at his old elementary school?
(a) He calls his mother to yell at her.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He hyperventilates.
(d) He drives home to hold his son.
5. What were the last words Aunt Jane and David's father (right before David enlisted in the Air Force) said when getting off the phone after telling David that "There are no guarantees in life?"
(a) I love you.
(b) I am so proud of you.
(c) Don't let it consume you.
(d) Be yourself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the enlisting sergeant call David when talking to him about planes?
2. After riding his motorcycle to his grandmother's, where does David end up sleeping on the night he arrives?
3. What is the name of the little girl from the neighborhood that David worries about?
4. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
5. What was the date that David was placed into protective custody?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)