|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Last Dance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't David call Mr. Ziegler by his first name?
(a) Out of respect because he is Dave's teacher.
(b) He is still afraid of him.
(c) He does not want to associate any negative feelings with that name.
(d) He is older than David, and Daivd cannot do it.
2. Much to David's surprise, how long has his father been in the hospital?
(a) Four months.
(b) Four years.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Four days.
3. What is the name of Patsy's mother?
(a) Dottie Mae.
(b) Carol Sue.
(c) Shirley Mae.
(d) Marie Dawn.
4. What does David's mother tell her mother (David's grandmother) that David did when he visited?
(a) Stormed into the house and tore it up.
(b) Slapped his brother.
(c) Broke her television.
(d) Made his mother cry.
5. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
(a) A photo of his wedding.
(b) His fireman's badge.
(c) David's birth certificate.
(d) His retiremant papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
2. What does David's mother claim was an accident (during his childhood)?
3. Where do David and Patsy become engaged at?
4. Why is David making the trip to California (the one Patsy accompanies him on)?
5. Where does David work as a short-order cook?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)