|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Slip Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does David's mother come up with to cover up his injuries sustained from being pushed down the stairs?
(a) He tripped.
(b) He was wrestling with his brothers.
(c) He fell off his bike.
(d) He was sleep-walking.
2. On the day that David runs late for the hospital, what lie does David tell his father?
(a) That his mother is coming to visit.
(b) That his brothers are coming to visit.
(c) That the doctor says he is going to be okay.
(d) That he is leaving in an hour.
3. According to David, who is the only one who can save his father?
(a) His father.
(d) No one can save him.
4. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
(a) Christopher Platte.
(b) Chuck Yeager.
(c) "Tex" Johnston.
(d) John Boyd.
5. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(b) San Antonio.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. After basic training is completed, what position does David get in the Air Force?
2. What does David's mother tell her mother (David's grandmother) that David did when he visited?
3. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
4. What is the name of David's foster mother?
5. Who calls Alice to tell her about the admittance of David's father into the hospital?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)