|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Slip Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does David's mother come up with to cover up his injuries sustained from being pushed down the stairs?
(a) He fell off his bike.
(b) He was sleep-walking.
(c) He was wrestling with his brothers.
(d) He tripped.
2. On the day that David runs late for the hospital, what lie does David tell his father?
(a) That he is leaving in an hour.
(b) That the doctor says he is going to be okay.
(c) That his mother is coming to visit.
(d) That his brothers are coming to visit.
3. What does David want his mother to do to him?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Tell him she loves him.
(d) Give him a bath.
4. What does David think his father's admittance into the hospital will do for his family?
(a) Create a relationship between David and his father.
(b) Bring him closure regarding his abusive family.
(c) Bring his parents back together.
(d) Create a relationship between David and his mother.
5. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
2. Where is David at in the beginning of his book?
3. Who called David at his foster parent's home while taking a break from staying with his father in the hospital?
4. What does David's mother call him?
5. Who calls Alice to tell her about the admittance of David's father into the hospital?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)