|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Slip Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to the hospital with David to see his father for the first time?
(d) His mother.
2. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
(a) He has third-degree burns.
(b) He has a broken leg.
(c) He is losing too much blood.
(d) He is hyperventilating.
3. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
(a) His mother refused to buy a casket.
(b) He was cremated.
(c) The hospital refused to release the body.
(d) His body was misplaced at the morgue.
4. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his schooling.
(b) By his courage.
(c) By his knowledge of planes.
(d) By his physical strength.
5. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
(a) Chuck Yeager.
(b) John Boyd.
(c) Christopher Platte.
(d) "Tex" Johnston.
Short Answer Questions
1. While speaking about her family, where does David's mother say Ronald is stationed at?
2. On the day that David runs late for the hospital, what lie does David tell his father?
3. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
4. Who is David's aviation mentor?
5. Upon returning to his base after the funeral, what illness does David come down with?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)