|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Slip Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While talking to his father in the hospital, why does David say he joined the Air Force?
(a) To become a fireman and honor his father.
(b) To become a pilot and prove that he can be successful.
(c) To get away from his mother.
(d) To follow the military motto and "be all that he can be."
2. According to David, who is the only one who can save his father?
(a) No one can save him.
(b) His father.
3. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
4. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
(a) John Boyd.
(b) "Tex" Johnston.
(c) Chuck Yeager.
(d) Christopher Platte.
5. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
(a) Ones from his mother.
(b) Ones marked "Return to Sender."
(c) Ones from his brothers.
(d) Ones from his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the male nurse that meets David to inform him about his father's condition?
2. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
3. Much to David's surprise, how long has his father been in the hospital?
4. Who goes to the hospital with David to see his father for the first time?
5. Who is David's aviation mentor?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)