|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Slip Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of his father's does David take from the coat in the closet?
(a) His father's badge.
(b) His father's medical card.
(c) His father's admittance papers.
(d) His father's medicine.
2. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
(a) His Mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His superior officer.
3. Who goes to the hospital with David to see his father for the first time?
(b) His mother.
4. According to the nurse, what is David's first priority relating to his father's stay in the hospital?
(a) Making plans to move his father into a nursing home.
(b) Making funeral arrangements.
(c) Making financial arrangements for hospital bills.
(d) Spending time with his father.
5. Upon returning to his base after the funeral, what illness does David come down with?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
2. Why does David refuse to say anything bad about his mother to the nurse?
3. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
4. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
5. What does David want his mother to do to him?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)