|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Slip Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date that David was placed into protective custody?
(a) August 24, 1979.
(b) January 1, 1974.
(c) December 31, 1973.
(d) March 5, 1973.
2. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I am ready to die.
(b) I want to stand up for myself.
(c) I am done with hurting.
(d) I am going to make mom hurt.
3. According to the nurse, what is David's first priority relating to his father's stay in the hospital?
(a) Making funeral arrangements.
(b) Making plans to move his father into a nursing home.
(c) Making financial arrangements for hospital bills.
(d) Spending time with his father.
4. What is the last thing that David said to his father before he died?
(a) I have some papers to sign.
(b) I'll go pack your things.
(c) I love you.
(d) I'll meet you at the river.
5. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(b) San Antonio.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David refuse to say anything bad about his mother to the nurse?
2. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
3. What does David think his father's admittance into the hospital will do for his family?
4. According to David's mother, who is the man of the house?
5. What decision does David make during the summer of 1978?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)