|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Slip Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Alice to tell her about the admittance of David's father into the hospital?
(a) David's brother Russell.
(b) David's mother.
(c) David's brother Stan.
(d) David's father.
2. What causes David's father to be hospitalized?
(b) Acute Leukemia.
(c) Muscular Dystrophy.
(d) Ideopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.
3. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
(a) Mommy and Mom.
(b) Mom and The Monster.
(c) Mommy and The Mother.
(d) Mother and The Monster.
4. Upon entering the hospital to see David's father, what does the smell remind him of?
(a) His grandmother's home.
(b) Being trapped in a bathroom during his abusive childhood.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) Being in the airplane bathroom.
5. What does David want his mother to do to him?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Give him a bath.
(c) Tell him she loves him.
(d) Hug him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the nurse, what is David's first priority relating to his father's stay in the hospital?
2. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
3. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
4. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
5. Upon entering his mother's home, what smell made David's eyes water?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)