|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Slip Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of David's social worker?
(a) Ms. Free.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Ms. Silver.
(d) Ms. Smith.
2. While talking to his father in the hospital, why does David say he joined the Air Force?
(a) To become a pilot and prove that he can be successful.
(b) To get away from his mother.
(c) To follow the military motto and "be all that he can be."
(d) To become a fireman and honor his father.
3. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
(a) Ones from his brothers.
(b) Ones from his mother.
(c) Ones marked "Return to Sender."
(d) Ones from his father.
4. In the hospital, what story does David tell his father so that he can talk to him without worrying what to say?
(a) A story about cooking for the Air Force.
(b) A story about their trip to the Russian River.
(c) A story about the day he was rescued from his mother.
(d) A story about his enlistment process.
5. What item of his father's does David take from the coat in the closet?
(a) His father's badge.
(b) His father's admittance papers.
(c) His father's medical card.
(d) His father's medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
2. Much to David's surprise, how long has his father been in the hospital?
3. What is the last thing that David said to his father before he died?
4. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
5. What does the nurse tell Steve he has to do in order to allow his father to "go?"
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)