|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Slip Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His foster mother.
2. What decision does David make during the summer of 1978?
(a) To become a car salesman.
(b) To quit high school.
(c) To see his mother.
(d) To contact his brothers.
3. On the day that David runs late for the hospital, what lie does David tell his father?
(a) That the doctor says he is going to be okay.
(b) That he is leaving in an hour.
(c) That his brothers are coming to visit.
(d) That his mother is coming to visit.
4. What does David think his father's admittance into the hospital will do for his family?
(a) Create a relationship between David and his mother.
(b) Bring him closure regarding his abusive family.
(c) Bring his parents back together.
(d) Create a relationship between David and his father.
5. What is the name of David's foster mother?
(a) Mrs. Zeigler.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Mrs. Freeland.
(d) Mrs. Turnbough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the date that David was placed into protective custody?
2. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
3. Upon entering the hospital to see David's father, what does the smell remind him of?
4. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
5. While speaking about her family, where does David's mother say Ronald is stationed at?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)