|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Slip Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is David at in the beginning of his book?
(a) The garage.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) The basement.
(d) The bathroom.
2. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
3. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his courage.
(b) By his schooling.
(c) By his physical strength.
(d) By his knowledge of planes.
4. Upon entering the hospital to see David's father, what does the smell remind him of?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) Being trapped in a bathroom during his abusive childhood.
(c) Being in the airplane bathroom.
(d) His grandmother's home.
5. Why does David refuse to say anything bad about his mother to the nurse?
(a) Because she will die.
(b) Because he claims no one wins against her.
(c) Because she will deny everything.
(d) Because she is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
2. What is the date of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
3. What is the last thing that David said to his father before he died?
4. What is the name of David's foster mother?
5. According to David's mother, who is the man of the house?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)