|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Slip Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to David, what word is associated with the highest compliment that his father could give him?
2. What does the nurse tell Steve he has to do in order to allow his father to "go?"
(a) Sign the papers to stop treatment.
(b) Tell him he will be okay and let him go.
(c) Make sure he knows the funeral plans are taken care of.
(d) Tell him he loves him.
3. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
(a) "Tex" Johnston.
(b) John Boyd.
(c) Chuck Yeager.
(d) Christopher Platte.
4. What is the name of David's foster mother?
(a) Mrs. Freeland.
(b) Mrs. Turnbough.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Mrs. Zeigler.
5. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
(a) His brother.
(b) His foster mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. While talking to his father in the hospital, why does David say he joined the Air Force?
2. What does David make the nurse promise after she tells him she knows the truth about the abuse?
3. Which one of David's brothers came to the hospital to see their father before David arrived?
4. Who calls Alice to tell her about the admittance of David's father into the hospital?
5. According to the nurse, what is David's first priority relating to his father's stay in the hospital?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)