|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Slip Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think his father's admittance into the hospital will do for his family?
(a) Bring him closure regarding his abusive family.
(b) Create a relationship between David and his mother.
(c) Create a relationship between David and his father.
(d) Bring his parents back together.
2. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
(a) Holding her arms out to welcome him into an embrace.
(b) In a grave.
(c) In a hospital room.
(d) Standing like a statue at the end of a hall.
3. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
4. What is the name of David's social worker?
(a) Ms. Free.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Ms. Silver.
(d) Ms. Smith.
5. In the hospital, what story does David tell his father so that he can talk to him without worrying what to say?
(a) A story about their trip to the Russian River.
(b) A story about the day he was rescued from his mother.
(c) A story about cooking for the Air Force.
(d) A story about his enlistment process.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David's mother call him?
2. What is the date of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
3. While staying with his father in the hospital, David goes to see his mother. Who answers the door at his mother's house?
4. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
5. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)