|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Slip Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think his father's admittance into the hospital will do for his family?
(a) Create a relationship between David and his father.
(b) Bring him closure regarding his abusive family.
(c) Bring his parents back together.
(d) Create a relationship between David and his mother.
2. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Because he is flying.
(b) Because he has pneumonia.
(c) Because he is going to see his brother.
(d) Because he has cancer.
3. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
4. Which one of David's brothers came to the hospital to see their father before David arrived?
5. According to David, who is the only one who can save his father?
(a) His father.
(b) No one can save him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
2. Upon entering his mother's home, what smell made David's eyes water?
3. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
4. What decision does David make during the summer of 1978?
5. Where does the book begin?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)