|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Slip Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While looking at pictures in his mother's bedroom, who is missing in all of the photos?
(a) His grandmother.
(d) David and his father.
2. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
(a) Standing like a statue at the end of a hall.
(b) In a hospital room.
(c) In a grave.
(d) Holding her arms out to welcome him into an embrace.
3. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I am done with hurting.
(b) I am ready to die.
(c) I want to stand up for myself.
(d) I am going to make mom hurt.
4. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Because he is going to see his brother.
(b) Because he is flying.
(c) Because he has pneumonia.
(d) Because he has cancer.
5. What is the last thing that David said to his father before he died?
(a) I have some papers to sign.
(b) I love you.
(c) I'll go pack your things.
(d) I'll meet you at the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
2. Upon returning to his base after the funeral, what illness does David come down with?
3. Much to David's surprise, how long has his father been in the hospital?
4. Who goes to the hospital with David to see his father for the first time?
5. According to the nurse, what is David's first priority relating to his father's stay in the hospital?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)