Chapter 1, The End
* A flashback of the author's childhood that contains memories of his abusive past.
* This chapter ends with David talking to the nurse who eventually reports his abuse.
Chapter 2, Fly Away
* David's paperwork to enlist in the Air Force is finally accepted.
* Davis talks to his foster parents about joining the Air Force and his plans for the future.
Chapter 3, Letter from Home
* Nightmares from David's past threaten David's future in the Air Force.
* David receives news of his father's failing health.
Chapter 4, Wishful Thinking
* David spends the last few days of his father's life with him in the hospital.
* David also gets his father's fireman's badge.
* David makes the decision to go and see his mother in order to confront her about his childhood.
Chapter 5, Slip Away
* David confronts his mother about not seeing his father in the hospital.
* David's mother throws him out of...
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)