Chapter 1, The End
• A flashback of the author's childhood that contains memories of his abusive past.
• This chapter ends with David talking to the nurse who eventually reports his abuse.
Chapter 2, Fly Away
• David's paperwork to enlist in the Air Force is finally accepted.
• Davis talks to his foster parents about joining the Air Force and his plans for the future.
Chapter 3, Letter from Home
• Nightmares from David's past threaten David's future in the Air Force.
• David receives news of his father's failing health.
Chapter 4, Wishful Thinking
• David spends the last few days of his father's life with him in the hospital.
• David also gets his father's fireman's badge.
• David makes the decision to go and see his mother in order to confront her about his childhood.
Chapter 5, Slip Away
• David confronts his mother about not seeing his father in the hospital.
• David's mother throws him out of...
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)