|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Ove tells Parvaneh to do during her driving lesson in Chapter 27: “A Man Called Ove and a Driving Lesson”?
2. With whom does Lena say she is going skating on the lake in Chapter 37: “A Man Called Ove and a Lot of Bastards Sticking Their Noses In”?
3. What does the narrator say Ove had brought along with him in the beginning of Chapter 34: “A Man Called Ove and a Boy in the House Next Door”?
4. Who won the "Great Tree Conflict," according to the narrator in Chapter 28: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Man Who Was Rune”?
5. Who describes Ove as "a really angry avenging robot from the future" in Chapter 35: “A Man Called Ove and Social Incompetence”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ove discover in the envelope that Lena had sent to him in Chapter 37: “A Man Called Ove and a Lot of Bastards Sticking Their Noses In”?
2. How is Nasanin's drawing described in Chapter 24: “A Man Called Ove and a Brat who Paints in Color”?
3. Why does Ove go in search of corrogated iron in Chapter 25: “A Man Called Ove and a Piece of Corrugated Iron”?
4. How did Rune's purchase of a BMW change Ove's opinion of him?
5. What causes Ove to decide not to kill himself in Chapter 24: “A Man Called Ove and a Brat who Paints in Color”?
6. What has prevented Ove from committing suicide in Chapter 31: “A Man Called Ove Reverses with a Trailer. Again.”?
7. Why have Adrian and Mirsad come to Ove's house in Chapter 32: “A Man Called Ove Isn’t Running a Damned Hotel”?
8. How does Ove enact revenge against the man in the white shirt in Chapter 31: “A Man Called Ove Reverses with a Trailer. Again.”?
9. What did Ove do during Sonja's siestas in Spain?
10. Why do Ove and Parvaneh go to the cafe in Chapter 29: “A Man Called Ove and a Bender”?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Lena in A Man Called Ove. Why does Lena attempt to interview Ove? What obstacles does she face in doing so? How does Lena eventually gain her objective?
Essay Topic 2
What leads to Ove taking action in intervening between Anita and Social Services? How does he go about doing so? Who assists him, and how do the help?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters of Adrian and Mirsad in A Man Called Ove. Where does Ove first meet these characters? How and why does Ove become involved with these characters? How do their relationships evolve in the novel?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)