|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anita's son live?
2. What does Ove demand from Anita when he goes to her house in Chapter 33: “A Man Called Ove and an Inspection Tour That Is Not the Usual”?
(a) Papers from the authorities.
(b) Corrugated iron.
(c) His money.
(d) Rune's medical diagnosis.
3. What does Ove write on his "Funeral Arrangements" before attempting suicide in Chapter 32: “A Man Called Ove Isn’t Running a Damned Hotel”?
(a) "Bury me in the backyard."
(b) "Please read the attached eulogy."
(c) "Bury me in my suit."
(d) "Bury me in a pine box."
4. What has Jimmy repeatedly tried to get everyone to call Ove in Chapter 35: “A Man Called Ove and Social Incompetence”?
(a) "Darth Ove."
(b) "Master Ove."
5. What kind of beverage does Parvaneh bring when she has her driving lesson in Chapter 27: “A Man Called Ove and a Driving Lesson”?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) Carbonated juice.
(c) A cup of milk.
(d) A Coca Cola.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Parvaneh almost hit when she begins her driving lesson in Chapter 27: “A Man Called Ove and a Driving Lesson”?
2. What color eyes is the Blond Weed said to have in Chapter 25: “A Man Called Ove and a Piece of Corrugated Iron”?
3. What does the narrator say that Sonja fought for in Chapter 23: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Bus that Never Got There”?
4. On what day of the week did Ove and his wife go to spend sitting in a cafe, according to the narrator in Chapter 29: “A Man Called Ove and a Bender”?
5. What were all the houses in the Spanish village made from in Chapter 21: “A Man Who Was Ove and Countries Where They Play Foreign Music in Restaurants”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed of Jimmy's history in Chapter 34: “A Man Called Ove and a Boy in the House Next Door”?
2. How does Ove enact revenge against the man in the white shirt in Chapter 31: “A Man Called Ove Reverses with a Trailer. Again.”?
3. How did Sonja handle her disability after the accident? How did Ove handle it?
4. What did Ove do during Sonja's siestas in Spain?
5. Why does Ove go in search of corrogated iron in Chapter 25: “A Man Called Ove and a Piece of Corrugated Iron”?
6. What does the man in the white shirt discover when he returns for his car in Chapter 34: “A Man Called Ove and a Boy in the House Next Door”? What has happened to the car?
7. What metaphor is used to describe the process of falling in love in Chapter 36: “A Man Called Ove and a Whisky”?
8. What has prevented Ove from committing suicide in Chapter 31: “A Man Called Ove Reverses with a Trailer. Again.”?
9. Why have Adrian and Mirsad come to Ove's house in Chapter 32: “A Man Called Ove Isn’t Running a Damned Hotel”?
10. What gift does Ove give to Parvaneh in Chapter 34: “A Man Called Ove and Social Incompetence”? How does she respond to the gift?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)