|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Ove not let Parvaneh park next to the red car in Chapter 29: “A Man Called Ove and a Bender”?
(a) Because he hates red cars.
(b) Because it was a narrow space.
(c) Because the car was a Volvo.
(d) Because the car was a BMW.
2. What color eyes is the Blond Weed said to have in Chapter 25: “A Man Called Ove and a Piece of Corrugated Iron”?
3. What has Jimmy repeatedly tried to get everyone to call Ove in Chapter 35: “A Man Called Ove and Social Incompetence”?
(b) "Darth Ove."
(c) "Master Ove."
4. What does Parvaneh ask Ove to help her with in Chapter 24: “A Man Called Ove and a Brat who Paints in Color”?
(a) With teaching her to drive.
(b) With teaching her to read.
(c) With teaching her to paint.
(d) With fixing her roof.
5. From whom is the letter that Ove opens and reads in Chapter 37: “A Man Called Ove and a Lot of Bastards Sticking Their Noses In”?
(a) The man he saved on the train tracks.
(b) Sonja's great-grandmother.
(c) His goddaughter.
(d) Ove's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food did Sonja eat obsessively during her pregnancy?
2. Who tells the man in the white shirt that they have all of his bank statements from the past seven years in Chapter 35: “A Man Called Ove and Social Incompetence”?
3. Why does Parvaneh say Nasanin always draws Ove in color in Chapter 24: “A Man Called Ove and a Brat who Paints in Color”?
4. At least how many miles per year must one drive their car in order to save money by opting for a diesel rather than a gas engine, according to Ove in Chapter 36: “A Man Called Ove and a Whisky”?
5. What does Ove discover has happened to the sign forbidding vehicular traffic in the residential area in Chapter 22: “A Man Called Ove and Someone in a Garage”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the rivalry between Ove and Rune described in Chapter 27: “A Man Called Ove and a Driving Lesson”?
2. How did Sonja become paralyzed?
3. How did Rune's purchase of a BMW change Ove's opinion of him?
4. Why does Ove go in search of corrogated iron in Chapter 25: “A Man Called Ove and a Piece of Corrugated Iron”?
5. What did Ove do during Sonja's siestas in Spain?
6. What is revealed of Jimmy's history in Chapter 34: “A Man Called Ove and a Boy in the House Next Door”?
7. What does the young mailman say to Ove about Sonja in Chapter 26: “A Man Called Ove and a Society where No-one Can Repair a Bicycle Any More”?
8. What metaphor is used to describe the process of falling in love in Chapter 36: “A Man Called Ove and a Whisky”?
9. What did Ove discover in the envelope that Lena had sent to him in Chapter 37: “A Man Called Ove and a Lot of Bastards Sticking Their Noses In”?
10. How does Ove feel about automobiles and different brands of automobiles?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)