|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lena want to interview Ove in Chapter 20: “A Man Called Ove and an Intruder”?
(a) Because of his wife's death.
(b) Because of his actions at the hospital.
(c) Because he is suspected of murder.
(d) Because he saved a man at the train station.
2. What does Ove order at the cafe in Chapter 29: “A Man Called Ove and a Bender”?
(a) An iced latte.
(b) A bagel.
(c) A cappucino.
(d) Black coffee.
3. How many men in nurse uniforms has the man in the white shirt brought with him when he comes to Anita's door in Chapter 35: “A Man Called Ove and Social Incompetence”?
4. On what day of the week did Ove and his wife go to spend sitting in a cafe, according to the narrator in Chapter 29: “A Man Called Ove and a Bender”?
(a) On Saturdays.
(b) On Sundays.
(c) On Mondays.
(d) On Fridays.
5. What does the cafe owner offer to Ove for fixing his heater in Chapter 29: “A Man Called Ove and a Bender”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ove do with the photograph from the letter in Chapter 37: “A Man Called Ove and a Lot of Bastards Sticking Their Noses In”?
2. What did the hotel manager begin calling Ove after he fixed the old woman's car in Chapter 21: “A Man Who Was Ove and Countries Where They Play Foreign Music in Restaurants”?
3. For how long does Jimmy say Anita has been writing letters to appeal her situation in Chapter 33: “A Man Called Ove and an Inspection Tour That Is Not the Usual”?
4. What does Parvaneh say her occupation is in Chapter 24: “A Man Called Ove and a Brat who Paints in Color”?
5. With whom does Lena say she is going skating on the lake in Chapter 37: “A Man Called Ove and a Lot of Bastards Sticking Their Noses In”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Ove to decide not to kill himself in Chapter 24: “A Man Called Ove and a Brat who Paints in Color”?
2. What has prevented Ove from committing suicide in Chapter 31: “A Man Called Ove Reverses with a Trailer. Again.”?
3. What metaphor is used to describe the process of falling in love in Chapter 36: “A Man Called Ove and a Whisky”?
4. How did Sonja become paralyzed?
5. What does the man in the white shirt discover when he returns for his car in Chapter 34: “A Man Called Ove and a Boy in the House Next Door”? What has happened to the car?
6. Why do Ove and Parvaneh go to the cafe in Chapter 29: “A Man Called Ove and a Bender”?
7. Why does Ove go in search of corrogated iron in Chapter 25: “A Man Called Ove and a Piece of Corrugated Iron”?
8. What did Ove do during Sonja's siestas in Spain?
9. How does Ove enact revenge against the man in the white shirt in Chapter 31: “A Man Called Ove Reverses with a Trailer. Again.”?
10. How does Parvaneh respond when she discovers Lena locked in the garage in Chapter 22: “A Man Called Ove and Someone in a Garage”?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)