|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Adrian say his father is in Chapter 29: “A Man Called Ove and a Bender”?
(a) In France.
(b) In prison.
(c) In America.
(d) In a mental hospital.
2. Why does Parvaneh say Nasanin always draws Ove in color in Chapter 24: “A Man Called Ove and a Brat who Paints in Color”?
(a) Because he Is the funniest thing she knows.
(b) Because he is kind.
(c) Because he Is the crankiest person she knows.
(d) Because he reminds her of a rainbow.
3. What does Ove give to Parvaneh in Chapter 35: “A Man Called Ove and Social Incompetence”?
(a) A baby crib.
(b) A sofa.
(c) A cat bed.
(d) A locket.
4. What is the name of the cafe owner in Chapter 29: “A Man Called Ove and a Bender”?
5. Who won the "Snow Clearance Skirmish," according to the narrator in Chapter 28: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Man Who Was Rune”?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that Sonja used to say "Loving someone is like" what, in Chapter 36: “A Man Called Ove and a Whisky”?
2. From whom is the letter that Ove opens and reads in Chapter 37: “A Man Called Ove and a Lot of Bastards Sticking Their Noses In”?
3. Where does Adrian run when Ove opens the door holding a rifle in Chapter 32: “A Man Called Ove Isn’t Running a Damned Hotel”?
4. What is Jimmy wearing when he encounters Ove in the beginning of Chapter 33: “A Man Called Ove and an Inspection Tour That Is Not the Usual”?
5. Who tells the man in the white shirt that they have all of his bank statements from the past seven years in Chapter 35: “A Man Called Ove and Social Incompetence”?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have Adrian and Mirsad come to Ove's house in Chapter 32: “A Man Called Ove Isn’t Running a Damned Hotel”?
2. How does Ove respond to the honking SUV in Chapter 27: “A Man Called Ove and a Driving Lesson”?
3. What does the young mailman say to Ove about Sonja in Chapter 26: “A Man Called Ove and a Society where No-one Can Repair a Bicycle Any More”?
4. What does the man in the white shirt discover when he returns for his car in Chapter 34: “A Man Called Ove and a Boy in the House Next Door”? What has happened to the car?
5. What preparations does Ove make for his suicide in Chapter 32: “A Man Called Ove Isn’t Running a Damned Hotel”?
6. How is the rivalry between Ove and Rune described in Chapter 27: “A Man Called Ove and a Driving Lesson”?
7. How did Sonja handle her disability after the accident? How did Ove handle it?
8. What has prevented Ove from committing suicide in Chapter 31: “A Man Called Ove Reverses with a Trailer. Again.”?
9. How is Nasanin's drawing described in Chapter 24: “A Man Called Ove and a Brat who Paints in Color”?
10. Why does Lena come to interview Ove? How does he respond to her questions?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)