|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color eyes did Ove's wife have?
2. What literary device is employed in this sentence from Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”: "He's the kind of man who points at people he doesn't like the look of, as if they were burglars and his forefinger a policeman's flashlight"?
3. What food do the children of the new neighbors bring to Ove in Chapter 3: “A Man Called Ove Reverses With A Trailer”?
(a) Fried chicken and mashed potatoes.
(b) Rice with saffron and chicken.
(d) Roast beef and potatoes.
4. How old are the children who bring Ove food in Chapter 3: “A Man Called Ove Reverses With A Trailer”?
(a) 3 and 7.
(b) 5 and 9.
(c) 2 and 6.
(d) 4 and 8.
5. What did Ove respond when his future wife asked what he wanted to do with his life on their first date?
(a) To paint portraits.
(b) To build houses.
(c) To build boats.
(d) To conduct trains.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Ove awaken every day?
2. What does Ove say is "the only thing that people care about nowadays" before storming out of the store in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
3. What is the Blond Weed doing when Ove encounters her in Chapter 6: “A Man Called Ove and a Bicycle that Should Have Been Left where Bicycles are Left”?
4. How old is Ove described as in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
5. How old is Jimmy said to be in Chapter 6: “A Man Called Ove and a Bicycle that Should Have Been Left where Bicycles are Left”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ove's relationship with his father described in the novel?
2. Why was Ove rejected for military duty? How did this rejection impact him?
3. What did Sonja reveal to Ove in the end of Chapter 18: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Cat Called Ernest”? How did Ove respond?
4. What foreshadowing is seen in Chapter 7: “A Man Called Ove Drills a Hole for a Hook”?
5. What prevents Ove from achieving his objective at the train station in Chapter 15: “A Man Called Ove and a Delayed Train”?
6. What incident during Ove's childhood led to the animosity between him and Tom?
7. What led to Ove's hatred of men in white shirts?
8. What causes the conflict between Ove and the Blond Weed in Chapter 6: “A Man Called Ove and a Bicycle that Should Have Been Left where Bicycles are Left”?
9. What did Tom accuse Ove of when Ove was 18? How did Ove respond to the situation?
10. Why does Ove end up parking the car and trailer in Chapter 3: “A Man Called Ove Reverses With A Trailer”?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)