|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Ove's wife?
2. The narrator states in the opening of Chapter 12: “A Man who was Ove and One Day He Had Enough,” "People always said Ove and Ove's wife were like" what?
(a) "Two peas in a pod."
(b) "Thunder and rain."
(c) "Night and day."
(d) "Fire and ice."
3. Why was Ove unable to serve in the military?
(a) He has flat feet.
(b) He has a history of psychological problems.
(c) He is not a legal citizen.
(d) He has a congenital heart condition.
4. What component is Ove upset that the device he wants to buy does not have in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A screen.
(c) A keyboard.
(d) A joystick.
5. What did Ove use to repair the work truck during a downpour, according to the narrator in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
(a) A screwdriver and half a roll of gauze tape.
(b) Duct tape and electrical tape.
(c) A hammer and a ratchet.
(d) A muslin cloth and a pair of scissors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ove fail at committing suicide in Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator”?
2. What does Ove spread over his floor in the beginning of Chapter 7: “A Man Called Ove Drills a Hole for a Hook”?
3. What color eyes did Ove's wife have?
4. What month is it when the narrative shifts to Tuesday at 4 p.m. in Chapter 2: “(Three Weeks Earlier) A Man Called Ove Makes His Neighborhood Inspection”?
5. Where does Ove take the cat with him on an errand in Chapter 19: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat That Was Broken When He Came”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the conflict between Ove and the Blond Weed in Chapter 6: “A Man Called Ove and a Bicycle that Should Have Been Left where Bicycles are Left”?
2. How does Parvaneh respond when she observes the cat in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
3. Why does Ove become frustrated about the rope in Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator”?
4. What did Sonja reveal to Ove in the end of Chapter 18: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Cat Called Ernest”? How did Ove respond?
5. How does Ove intend to commit suicide in Chapter 11: “A Man Called Ove and a Lanky One who can’t Open a Window Without Falling Off a Ladder”? What prevents him from doing so?
6. What happened during Ove's encounter with Tom in Chapter 12: “A Man who was Ove and One Day He Had Enough”?
7. Why does Ove end up barred from the hospital lobby in Chapter 13: “A Man Called Ove and a Clown Called Beppo”?
8. What prevents Ove from achieving his objective at the train station in Chapter 15: “A Man Called Ove and a Delayed Train”?
9. Why does Ove go to the train station in Chapter 15: “A Man Called Ove and a Delayed Train”?
10. At what time does Ove inspect his neighborhood each day? Why?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)