|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Lanky One say his wife is from in Chapter 7: “A Man Called Ove Drills a Hole for a Hook”?
2. What color clasp is described in Ove's wife's hair when he first saw her in Chapter 12: “A Man who was Ove and One Day He Had Enough”?
3. What does Ove give his overweight neighbor to eat in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
(a) A cup of soup.
(b) A bowl of rice with chicken.
(c) An apple pie.
(d) A sausage sandwich.
4. What month is it when the narrative shifts to Tuesday at 4 p.m. in Chapter 2: “(Three Weeks Earlier) A Man Called Ove Makes His Neighborhood Inspection”?
5. What job did the director offer to Ove in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
(a) A job as cash collector at the train station.
(b) A job as a ticket taker.
(c) A job as a train conductor on the morning train.
(d) A job as a night cleaner on the long-distance train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ove take the cat with him on an errand in Chapter 19: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat That Was Broken When He Came”?
2. How much money was in the wallet that Ove found when he was cleaning a broken railway car in Chapter 5: “A Man Called Ove”?
3. How much money is left on Ove's wife's prepaid credit card in Chapter 15: “A Man Called Ove and a Delayed Train”?
4. What does Ove spread over his floor in the beginning of Chapter 7: “A Man Called Ove Drills a Hole for a Hook”?
5. What do Ove's neighbors bring to him in Chapter 7: “A Man Called Ove Drills a Hole for a Hook”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What incident during Ove's childhood led to the animosity between him and Tom?
2. How is Sonja's father described in Chapter 16: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Truck in the Forest”?
3. At what time does Ove inspect his neighborhood each day? Why?
4. What causes the conflict between Ove and the Blond Weed in Chapter 6: “A Man Called Ove and a Bicycle that Should Have Been Left where Bicycles are Left”?
5. How are Ove and his wife compared with one another in Chapter 5: “A Man Called Ove”?
6. What led to Ove working at the rail yard? For how long did he work there?
7. Why was Ove rejected for military duty? How did this rejection impact him?
8. Why do Parvaneh and Patrick visit Ove in Chapter 7: “A Man Called Ove Drills a Hole for a Hook”?
9. What did Sonja reveal to Ove in the end of Chapter 18: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Cat Called Ernest”? How did Ove respond?
10. How does Parvaneh respond when she observes the cat in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)