|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Ove's wife?
2. What did Ove use to repair the work truck during a downpour, according to the narrator in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
(a) Duct tape and electrical tape.
(b) A screwdriver and half a roll of gauze tape.
(c) A hammer and a ratchet.
(d) A muslin cloth and a pair of scissors.
3. What is the name of Rune's wife?
4. What does Parvaneh say her name means in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
5. What does Ove give his overweight neighbor to eat in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
(a) An apple pie.
(b) A bowl of rice with chicken.
(c) A sausage sandwich.
(d) A cup of soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. How cold is it when Ove walks to the train station in Chapter 15: “A Man Called Ove and a Delayed Train”?
2. What kind of device does Ove want to buy at the computer store in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
3. How much money was in the wallet that Ove found when he was cleaning a broken railway car in Chapter 5: “A Man Called Ove”?
4. What month is it when the narrative shifts to Tuesday at 4 p.m. in Chapter 2: “(Three Weeks Earlier) A Man Called Ove Makes His Neighborhood Inspection”?
5. What does Ove spread over his floor in the beginning of Chapter 7: “A Man Called Ove Drills a Hole for a Hook”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prevents Ove from achieving his objective at the train station in Chapter 15: “A Man Called Ove and a Delayed Train”?
2. What job was Ove offered after he was let go from the railway yard? Why was he offered this job?
3. What connection occurs between Ove and the Cat Annoyance in Chapter 19: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat That Was Broken When He Came”?
4. Why does Ove end up barred from the hospital lobby in Chapter 13: “A Man Called Ove and a Clown Called Beppo”?
5. What happened during Ove's encounter with Tom in Chapter 12: “A Man who was Ove and One Day He Had Enough”?
6. Why does Ove go to the train station in Chapter 15: “A Man Called Ove and a Delayed Train”?
7. Why was Ove rejected for military duty? How did this rejection impact him?
8. Why does Ove become frustrated about the rope in Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator”?
9. What did Tom accuse Ove of when Ove was 18? How did Ove respond to the situation?
10. What ultimately led to Ove being forced to sell his parents' homestead in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)