|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lena want to interview Ove in Chapter 20: “A Man Called Ove and an Intruder”?
(a) Because he is suspected of murder.
(b) Because of his wife's death.
(c) Because he saved a man at the train station.
(d) Because of his actions at the hospital.
2. Where is the hiding place that Ove keeps his rifle?
(a) Behind the sofa.
(b) Behind the radiator.
(c) Atop the refrigerator.
(d) Under his bed.
3. Who won the "Great Tree Conflict," according to the narrator in Chapter 28: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Man Who Was Rune”?
4. What were all the houses in the Spanish village made from in Chapter 21: “A Man Who Was Ove and Countries Where They Play Foreign Music in Restaurants”?
5. Where are BMW cars produced?
6. Where does Adrian say his father is in Chapter 29: “A Man Called Ove and a Bender”?
(a) In France.
(b) In a mental hospital.
(c) In America.
(d) In prison.
7. On what day of the week did Ove and his wife go to spend sitting in a cafe, according to the narrator in Chapter 29: “A Man Called Ove and a Bender”?
(a) On Fridays.
(b) On Sundays.
(c) On Saturdays.
(d) On Mondays.
8. At the end of what decade was the house next to Ove's bought by a bank manager, according to the narrator in Chapter 34: “A Man Called Ove and a Boy in the House Next Door"?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1960s.
(c) The 1990s.
(d) The 1980s.
9. What did the hotel manager begin calling Ove after he fixed the old woman's car in Chapter 21: “A Man Who Was Ove and Countries Where They Play Foreign Music in Restaurants”?
(a) Senor Ove.
(b) Senor Hero.
(c) Senor Saab.
(d) Senor Mechanic.
10. Who describes Ove as "a really angry avenging robot from the future" in Chapter 35: “A Man Called Ove and Social Incompetence”?
11. What has Jimmy repeatedly tried to get everyone to call Parvaneh's kitchen in Chapter 35: “A Man Called Ove and Social Incompetence”?
(a) "The Hub."
(b) "The Round Table."
(c) "The Battle Station."
(d) "The Death Star."
12. Why does Parvaneh say Nasanin always draws Ove in color in Chapter 24: “A Man Called Ove and a Brat who Paints in Color”?
(a) Because he Is the funniest thing she knows.
(b) Because he is kind.
(c) Because he reminds her of a rainbow.
(d) Because he Is the crankiest person she knows.
13. What position did Rune have when the Residents' Association was established?
(a) Vice Chairman.
14. Who attended Ove's wedding?
(a) Rune and Anita.
(b) Sonja's brother and sister-in-law.
(c) Ove's parents.
(d) Sonja's parents.
15. What did Ove call the man who ran the hotel where Ove stayed with his wife in Chapter 21: “A Man Who Was Ove and Countries Where They Play Foreign Music in Restaurants”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the drawings of that cover the walls of Parvaneh's seven-year-old daughter, according to the narrator in Chapter 36: “A Man Called Ove and a Whisky”?
2. Who has recently interrupted Ove's suicide attempt in Chapter 31: “A Man Called Ove Reverses with a Trailer. Again”?
3. At least how many miles per year must one drive their car in order to save money by opting for a diesel rather than a gas engine, according to Ove in Chapter 36: “A Man Called Ove and a Whisky”?
4. From whom is the letter that Ove opens and reads in Chapter 37: “A Man Called Ove and a Lot of Bastards Sticking Their Noses In”?
5. What does the narrator say Ove had brought along with him in the beginning of Chapter 34: “A Man Called Ove and a Boy in the House Next Door”?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)