|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom is the letter that Ove opens and reads in Chapter 37: “A Man Called Ove and a Lot of Bastards Sticking Their Noses In”?
(a) His goddaughter.
(b) Sonja's great-grandmother.
(c) Ove's father.
(d) The man he saved on the train tracks.
2. Where does Ove stop on the way home from the hospital so that his friends can eat and use the restroom in Chapter 24: “A Man Called Ove and a Brat who Paints in Color”?
(b) Burger King.
3. Who attended Ove's wedding?
(a) Rune and Anita.
(b) Sonja's parents.
(c) Ove's parents.
(d) Sonja's brother and sister-in-law.
4. The narrator says in Chapter 34: “A Man Called Ove and a Boy in the House Next Door" that "if there was one single thing Ove and Rune agreed on, irrespective of how much they were feuding at the time, it was that whoever currently populated the neighbor’s house tended to be" what?
(a) "Utter imbeciles."
(b) "Naive fools."
(d) "Psychotic basketcases."
5. What is the first thing that Ove tells Parvaneh to do during her driving lesson in Chapter 27: “A Man Called Ove and a Driving Lesson”?
(a) To put her hands on the wheel.
(b) To turn the key.
(c) To press the clutch pedal.
(d) To adjust the seat.
6. What position did Ove have when the Residents' Association was established?
(d) Vice Chairman.
7. Who appears to interview the man in the white shirt for the newspaper in Chapter 35: “A Man Called Ove and Social Incompetence”?
8. What is Jimmy wearing when he encounters Ove in the beginning of Chapter 33: “A Man Called Ove and an Inspection Tour That Is Not the Usual”?
(a) A wool coat.
(b) A military uniform.
(c) A postal uniform.
(d) A green tracksuit.
9. How frequently does Ove say one must change one's car in order to avoid losing money in Chapter 36: “A Man Called Ove and a Whisky”?
(a) Every four years.
(b) Every two years.
(c) Every six years.
(d) Every three years.
10. Where does Lena work?
(a) At the local newspaper.
(b) At a shoe store.
(c) At a candy store.
(d) At the local police station.
11. Who tells the man in the white shirt that they have all of his bank statements from the past seven years in Chapter 35: “A Man Called Ove and Social Incompetence”?
12. What has Jimmy repeatedly tried to get everyone to call Parvaneh's kitchen in Chapter 35: “A Man Called Ove and Social Incompetence”?
(a) "The Death Star."
(b) "The Round Table."
(c) "The Hub."
(d) "The Battle Station."
13. What are the drawings of that cover the walls of Parvaneh's seven-year-old daughter, according to the narrator in Chapter 36: “A Man Called Ove and a Whisky”?
14. What does Parvaneh ask Ove to help her with in Chapter 24: “A Man Called Ove and a Brat who Paints in Color”?
(a) With teaching her to drive.
(b) With fixing her roof.
(c) With teaching her to paint.
(d) With teaching her to read.
15. What food did Sonja eat obsessively during her pregnancy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men in nurse uniforms has the man in the white shirt brought with him when he comes to Anita's door in Chapter 35: “A Man Called Ove and Social Incompetence”?
2. What did the hotel manager begin calling Ove after he fixed the old woman's car in Chapter 21: “A Man Who Was Ove and Countries Where They Play Foreign Music in Restaurants”?
3. What did Ove presumably throw into Rune's yard to draw in rats in Chapter 28: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Man Who Was Rune”?
4. Why had Ove not let Parvaneh park next to the red car in Chapter 29: “A Man Called Ove and a Bender”?
5. At least how many miles per year must one drive their car in order to save money by opting for a diesel rather than a gas engine, according to Ove in Chapter 36: “A Man Called Ove and a Whisky”?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)