|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the teenage postman say he is saving money for in Chapter 26: “A Man Called Ove and a Society where No-one Can Repair a Bicycle Any More”?
(a) A car.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A house.
(d) An engagement ring.
2. Where does Adrian run when Ove opens the door holding a rifle in Chapter 32: “A Man Called Ove Isn’t Running a Damned Hotel”?
(a) To the toolshed.
(b) To Jimmy's house.
(c) To Parvaneh's house.
(d) To the train station.
3. What are the seven words that Ove utters to her that "Parvaneh will always remember as the loveliest compliment he'll ever give her" in Chapter 27: “A Man Called Ove and a Driving Lesson”?
(a) "You're almost as crazy as you look."
(b) "Because you are not a complete twit."
(c) "You deserve more than your husband's life."
(d) "I think you are something else, lady."
4. What food did Sonja eat obsessively during her pregnancy?
5. What has Jimmy repeatedly tried to get everyone to call Parvaneh's kitchen in Chapter 35: “A Man Called Ove and Social Incompetence”?
(a) "The Death Star."
(b) "The Hub."
(c) "The Round Table."
(d) "The Battle Station."
6. What does Ove demand from Anita when he goes to her house in Chapter 33: “A Man Called Ove and an Inspection Tour That Is Not the Usual”?
(a) His money.
(b) Rune's medical diagnosis.
(c) Papers from the authorities.
(d) Corrugated iron.
7. Where are BMW cars produced?
8. What did Ove note the bus driver smelling of as he loaded his wife's bags in Chapter 23: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Bus that Never Got There”?
9. At least how many miles per year must one drive their car in order to save money by opting for a diesel rather than a gas engine, according to Ove in Chapter 36: “A Man Called Ove and a Whisky”?
(a) At least 12,000 miles per year.
(b) At least 2,000 miles per year.
(c) At least 20,000 miles per year.
(d) At least 10,000 miles per year.
10. Who has recently interrupted Ove's suicide attempt in Chapter 31: “A Man Called Ove Reverses with a Trailer. Again”?
11. How old was Rune's son when he moved away from home?
12. Where is the hiding place that Ove keeps his rifle?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) Behind the radiator.
(c) Behind the sofa.
(d) Atop the refrigerator.
13. What does Ove discover has happened to the sign forbidding vehicular traffic in the residential area in Chapter 22: “A Man Called Ove and Someone in a Garage”?
(a) It has been taken away.
(b) It has bullet holes in it.
(c) It has been painted over.
(d) It has been run over.
14. Who won the "Snow Clearance Skirmish," according to the narrator in Chapter 28: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Man Who Was Rune”?
15. From whom is the letter that Ove opens and reads in Chapter 37: “A Man Called Ove and a Lot of Bastards Sticking Their Noses In”?
(a) His goddaughter.
(b) Ove's father.
(c) The man he saved on the train tracks.
(d) Sonja's great-grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color eyes is the Blond Weed said to have in Chapter 25: “A Man Called Ove and a Piece of Corrugated Iron”?
2. To whom does Ove go visit to ask for corrugated iron in Chapter 25: “A Man Called Ove and a Piece of Corrugated Iron”?
3. What does Parvaneh order at the cafe in Chapter 29: “A Man Called Ove and a Bender”?
4. Where does Adrian say his father is in Chapter 29: “A Man Called Ove and a Bender”?
5. For how long does the narrator say Rune refused to go back to the local bakery because they gave him the wrong change once in Chapter 28: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Man Who Was Rune”?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)