|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Ove when he passed his driving test, according to the narrator in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
2. Where did Ove's mother work before she died?
(a) A chemical plant.
(b) A textile factory.
(c) A butcher shop.
(d) A brickmaking plant.
3. How old is Anders said to be in Chapter 2: “(Three Weeks Earlier) A Man Called Ove Makes His Neighborhood Inspection”?
4. What kind of device does Ove want to buy at the computer store in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
(a) A laptop.
(b) A Kindle.
(c) An IPad.
(d) A Nintendo.
5. What did Ove admit to lying to his future wife about on their first date?
(a) He admitted he lied about being an orphan.
(b) He admitted he lied about being wealthy.
(c) He admitted he lied about being in the military.
(d) He admitted he lied about being single.
6. What is the Blond Weed doing when Ove encounters her in Chapter 6: “A Man Called Ove and a Bicycle that Should Have Been Left where Bicycles are Left”?
(a) Spraying water on her lawn.
(b) Kicking the dog.
(c) Throwing rocks at the cat.
(d) Raking her lawn.
7. Why does Ove fail at committing suicide in Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator”?
(a) Because the rope breaks.
(b) Because the hook breaks.
(c) Because he did not take enough pills.
(d) Because the gun is not loaded.
8. What color are the shoes that was Ove's wife was wearing when he first saw her described in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
9. The narrator states in the opening of Chapter 12: “A Man who was Ove and One Day He Had Enough,” "People always said Ove and Ove's wife were like" what?
(a) "Two peas in a pod."
(b) "Fire and ice."
(c) "Thunder and rain."
(d) "Night and day."
10. What is the name of the younger child who brings Ove food in Chapter 3: “A Man Called Ove Reverses With A Trailer”?
11. How long ago was the funeral for Ove's wife, according to the narrator in Chapter 6: “A Man Called Ove and a Bicycle that Should Have Been Left where Bicycles are Left”?
(a) One year ago.
(b) Four months ago.
(c) Six months ago.
(d) Two months ago.
12. What time was it when Ove first saw the woman who would become his wife, according to the narrator in Chapter 14: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Woman On A Train”?
(a) 7:30 p.m.
(b) 6:30 a.m.
(c) 8:00 a.m.
(d) 5:45 a.m.
13. What does Ove give his overweight neighbor to eat in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
(a) A bowl of rice with chicken.
(b) A cup of soup.
(c) An apple pie.
(d) A sausage sandwich.
14. What literary device is employed in this sentence from Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”: "He's the kind of man who points at people he doesn't like the look of, as if they were burglars and his forefinger a policeman's flashlight"?
15. What was the name of Ove's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ove's overweight neighbor that attempts to help warm the cat in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
2. How many children is Tom said to have in Chapter 5: “A Man Called Ove”?
3. What did the note say with the used tools that was left for Ove at his construction job in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
4. At what time does Ove awaken every day?
5. What kind of car does Ove drive?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)