|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ove's overweight neighbor that attempts to help warm the cat in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
2. What does Parvaneh say her name means in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
3. How has Ove planned to kill himself in Chapter 15: “A Man Called Ove and a Delayed Train”?
(a) By inhaling fumes from his car exhaust.
(b) By shooting himself.
(c) By jumping in front of a train.
(d) By hanging himself at home.
4. What kind of computer does the salesman suggest Ove purchase in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
(a) A MacBook.
(b) A Kindle.
(c) A Dell desktop.
(d) An HP laptop.
5. What did Ove respond when his future wife asked what he wanted to do with his life on their first date?
(a) To build houses.
(b) To conduct trains.
(c) To paint portraits.
(d) To build boats.
6. What is the Blond Weed's dog's name?
7. In the opening of Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator” the narrator states, "They say the brain functions quicker while it's" what?
(b) "In love."
8. What kind of device does Ove want to buy at the computer store in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
(a) A Kindle.
(b) A Nintendo.
(c) An IPad.
(d) A laptop.
9. What is the name of Rune's wife?
10. At what time does Ove awaken every day?
(a) 5:30 a.m.
(b) 6:45 a.m.
(c) 5:45 a.m.
(d) 6:15 a.m.
11. Who wrote The Old Man and the Sea?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) James Joyce.
12. How old is Ove described as in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
13. What does Ove refer to Anders's girlfriend as?
(a) The Lanky One.
(b) The Pregnant One.
(c) The Shrub.
(d) The Blond Weed.
14. On what day of the week was Ove told that he was being forced into retirement?
15. What does Ove do to the clown in Chapter 13: “A Man Called Ove and a Clown Called Beppo”?
(a) He trips him.
(b) He asks him to dinner.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He pays him.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does the narrator say Ove and Rune had known one another in Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator”?
2. What was the name of the cat that Ove's wife kept at her father's house?
3. How old was Ove when his father died?
4. What month was it when Ove's mother died?
5. How old are the children who bring Ove food in Chapter 3: “A Man Called Ove Reverses With A Trailer”?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)