|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary device is employed in this sentence from Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”: "He's the kind of man who points at people he doesn't like the look of, as if they were burglars and his forefinger a policeman's flashlight"?
2. What month was it when Ove's mother died?
3. What does Ove say is "the only thing that people care about nowadays" before storming out of the store in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
4. What does Ove give his overweight neighbor to eat in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
(a) A bowl of rice with chicken.
(b) A cup of soup.
(c) A sausage sandwich.
(d) An apple pie.
5. What does Ove spread over his floor in the beginning of Chapter 7: “A Man Called Ove Drills a Hole for a Hook”?
(a) An Oriental rug.
(b) A sheet of plastic.
(c) A stack of newspapers.
6. How is the first car that Ove bougtht for himself described in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
(a) A blue Volvo 200.
(b) A red Saab 95.
(c) A green Saab 97.
(d) A blue Saab 93.
7. What is the name of Rune's wife?
8. How old is Ove described as in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
9. What was Ove's future wife studying to become when she met Ove?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A painter.
(d) A banker.
10. What was the name of the cat that Ove's wife kept at her father's house?
11. What does Ove call the parking attendant at the hospital in Chapter 13: “A Man Called Ove and a Clown Called Beppo”?
(a) A fake policeman.
(b) An utter imbecile.
(c) A hero.
(d) A clown.
12. How old is Anders said to be in Chapter 2: “(Three Weeks Earlier) A Man Called Ove Makes His Neighborhood Inspection”?
13. Where does the narrator say Ove slept in the nights after his house burned in Chapter 12: “A Man who was Ove and One Day He Had Enough”?
(a) In his car.
(b) A hotel.
(c) His parents' house.
(d) His neighbor's house.
14. How old was Ove when he passed his driving test, according to the narrator in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
15. In the opening of Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator” the narrator states, "They say the brain functions quicker while it's" what?
(a) "In love."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say Ove left his envelope with its instructions before leaving his house for the train station in Chapter 15: “A Man Called Ove and a Delayed Train”?
2. What does Ove refer to Anders's girlfriend as?
3. What is Ove planning to install in his ceiling in Chapter 2: “(Three Weeks Earlier) A Man Called Ove Makes His Neighborhood Inspection”?
4. How cold is it when Ove walks to the train station in Chapter 15: “A Man Called Ove and a Delayed Train”?
5. How old is Jimmy said to be in Chapter 6: “A Man Called Ove and a Bicycle that Should Have Been Left where Bicycles are Left”?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)