|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brand of truck did Ove's wife's father drive?
(a) A Skoda.
(b) A Saab.
(c) A Scania.
(d) A Volvo.
2. What kind of car does Anders drive?
3. What is Ove planning to install in his ceiling in Chapter 2: “(Three Weeks Earlier) A Man Called Ove Makes His Neighborhood Inspection”?
(a) A new lamp.
(b) A hook.
(c) A chandelier.
(d) A hanging vase.
4. How old was Ove when he passed his driving test, according to the narrator in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
5. What did Ove use to repair the work truck during a downpour, according to the narrator in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
(a) Duct tape and electrical tape.
(b) A screwdriver and half a roll of gauze tape.
(c) A hammer and a ratchet.
(d) A muslin cloth and a pair of scissors.
6. Before Ove's wife met him, the narrator says in Chapter 16: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Truck in the Forest” that she only loved three things unconditionally. What were they?
(a) Books, her father, and cats.
(b) Her mother, her father, and her sister.
(c) Music, art, and poetry.
(d) Dancing, singing, and movies.
7. Why does Ove fail at committing suicide in Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator”?
(a) Because the gun is not loaded.
(b) Because he did not take enough pills.
(c) Because the rope breaks.
(d) Because the hook breaks.
8. What kind of car does Ove encounter driving in his neighborhood in Chapter 15: “A Man Called Ove and a Delayed Train”?
(a) A Volvo.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A Skoda.
(d) A Saab.
9. What had Tom been caught doing when Ove was 18 in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
(a) Attacking a train customer while on duty.
(b) Stealing from the cash box in a carriage.
(c) Causing the train to wreck by sabotaging the tracks.
(d) Attempted murder.
10. Where does the narrator say Ove slept in the nights after his house burned in Chapter 12: “A Man who was Ove and One Day He Had Enough”?
(a) His neighbor's house.
(b) In his car.
(c) His parents' house.
(d) A hotel.
11. On what day of the week was Ove told that he was being forced into retirement?
12. What position has Tom been promoted to at the railway in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
13. What kind of computer does the salesman suggest Ove purchase in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
(a) A Dell desktop.
(b) A Kindle.
(c) A MacBook.
(d) An HP laptop.
14. Who helps Ove with the cat in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
15. What was the name of Ove's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time was it when Ove first saw the woman who would become his wife, according to the narrator in Chapter 14: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Woman On A Train”?
2. Who is Ove's overweight neighbor that attempts to help warm the cat in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
3. Why does Ove's neighbor ask for a lift to the hospital in “A Man Called Ove and a Lanky One who can’t Open a Window Without Falling Off a Ladder”?
4. How old is Ove described as in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
5. What job did the director offer to Ove in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)