|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Ove drive?
2. What did the note say with the used tools that was left for Ove at his construction job in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
(a) "To the champion."
(b) "To a friend."
(c) "To the puppy."
(d) "Good luck."
3. What does Ove call the parking attendant at the hospital in Chapter 13: “A Man Called Ove and a Clown Called Beppo”?
(a) A fake policeman.
(b) A clown.
(c) A hero.
(d) An utter imbecile.
4. At what time does Ove awaken every day?
(a) 5:45 a.m.
(b) 6:45 a.m.
(c) 6:15 a.m.
(d) 5:30 a.m.
5. What did the workers at the construction site give to Ove when he left his job in Chapter 12: “A Man who was Ove and One Day He Had Enough”?
(a) 5,000 kroner.
(b) A toolbox with tools.
(c) A suit and coat.
(d) A bag of food.
6. What did Ove's elderly neighbor leave for him on his front porch after Ove painted his fence in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
(a) A plate of cookies.
(b) A set of car keys.
(c) A Bible.
(d) An apple pie.
7. What is the Blond Weed doing when Ove encounters her in Chapter 6: “A Man Called Ove and a Bicycle that Should Have Been Left where Bicycles are Left”?
(a) Spraying water on her lawn.
(b) Raking her lawn.
(c) Throwing rocks at the cat.
(d) Kicking the dog.
8. What is the children's book about that Ove attempts to read to Parveneh's children in Chapter 13: “A Man Called Ove and a Clown Called Beppo”?
(a) A car.
(b) A house.
(c) A train.
(d) A boat.
9. What was the name of the cat that Ove's wife kept at her father's house?
10. Of Ove's wife, the narrator says in Chapter 5: “A Man Called Ove,” "The only thing he had ever loved until he saw her was" what?
11. What do Ove's neighbors bring to him in Chapter 7: “A Man Called Ove Drills a Hole for a Hook”?
(a) A box of cookies.
(b) A cake.
(c) A plate of rice.
(d) A box of takeout.
12. How has Ove planned to kill himself in Chapter 15: “A Man Called Ove and a Delayed Train”?
(a) By inhaling fumes from his car exhaust.
(b) By hanging himself at home.
(c) By shooting himself.
(d) By jumping in front of a train.
13. What component is Ove upset that the device he wants to buy does not have in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A screen.
(c) A joystick.
(d) A keyboard.
14. What time was it when Ove first saw the woman who would become his wife, according to the narrator in Chapter 14: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Woman On A Train”?
(a) 7:30 p.m.
(b) 6:30 a.m.
(c) 5:45 a.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
15. What was the name of Ove's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states in the opening of Chapter 12: “A Man who was Ove and One Day He Had Enough,” "People always said Ove and Ove's wife were like" what?
2. What did Ove respond when his future wife asked what he wanted to do with his life on their first date?
3. Where does the narrator say Ove slept in the nights after his house burned in Chapter 12: “A Man who was Ove and One Day He Had Enough”?
4. What kind of computer does the salesman suggest Ove purchase in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
5. On what day of the week was Ove told that he was being forced into retirement?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)