|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38 - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote The Old Man and the Sea?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
2. What does Ove spread over his floor in the beginning of Chapter 7: “A Man Called Ove Drills a Hole for a Hook”?
(a) An Oriental rug.
(c) A stack of newspapers.
(d) A sheet of plastic.
3. Where does Ove take the cat with him on an errand in Chapter 19: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat That Was Broken When He Came”?
(a) To visit the synogogue.
(b) To take the car to the shop.
(c) To visit the cafe.
(d) To visit his wife's grave.
4. How old was Ove when his father died?
5. For how long does the narrator say Ove and Rune had known one another in Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator”?
(a) Almost ten years.
(b) Almost 20 years.
(c) Almost 40 years.
(d) Almost 30 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Lanky One say his wife is from in Chapter 7: “A Man Called Ove Drills a Hole for a Hook”?
2. What kind of car does Ove encounter driving in his neighborhood in Chapter 15: “A Man Called Ove and a Delayed Train”?
3. What does Parvaneh say her name means in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
4. How old was Ove when he passed his driving test, according to the narrator in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
5. What was the name of the cat that Ove's wife kept at her father's house?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)