|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote The Old Man and the Sea?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
2. What does Ove say is "the only thing that people care about nowadays" before storming out of the store in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
3. What month was it when Ove's mother died?
4. What does Ove give his overweight neighbor to eat in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
(a) A bowl of rice with chicken.
(b) A sausage sandwich.
(c) An apple pie.
(d) A cup of soup.
5. What did Ove admit to lying to his future wife about on their first date?
(a) He admitted he lied about being wealthy.
(b) He admitted he lied about being an orphan.
(c) He admitted he lied about being single.
(d) He admitted he lied about being in the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Ove's wife?
2. Why does Ove fail at committing suicide in Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator”?
3. How old is Jimmy said to be in Chapter 6: “A Man Called Ove and a Bicycle that Should Have Been Left where Bicycles are Left”?
4. What kind of car did Rune buy after owning a Volvo?
5. What did Ove's elderly neighbor leave for him on his front porch after Ove painted his fence in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)