|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is left on Ove's wife's prepaid credit card in Chapter 15: “A Man Called Ove and a Delayed Train”?
(a) 134 kroner and 54 ore.
(b) 1,250 kroner and 59 ore.
(c) 225 kroner and 52 ore.
(d) 116 kroner and 29 ore.
2. Why does Ove's neighbor ask for a lift to the hospital in “A Man Called Ove and a Lanky One who can’t Open a Window Without Falling Off a Ladder”?
(a) Her husband fell off a ladder.
(b) She has gone into labor.
(c) Jimmy is having an allergic reaction.
(d) Her daughter has cut her hand.
3. Where did Ove's father work all his life?
(a) The rail company.
(b) The library.
(c) The bank.
(d) The textile company.
4. What does Ove refer to Anders's girlfriend as?
(a) The Lanky One.
(b) The Pregnant One.
(c) The Blond Weed.
(d) The Shrub.
5. Why does Ove fail at committing suicide in Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator”?
(a) Because the gun is not loaded.
(b) Because the rope breaks.
(c) Because he did not take enough pills.
(d) Because the hook breaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Tom been caught doing when Ove was 18 in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
2. Who taught Ove to fish?
3. At what time in the morning does the narrator say that "Ove and the cat met for the first time" in Chapter 2: “(Three Weeks Earlier) A Man Called Ove Makes His Neighborhood Inspection”?
4. How old is Jimmy said to be in Chapter 6: “A Man Called Ove and a Bicycle that Should Have Been Left where Bicycles are Left”?
5. Who is Ove's overweight neighbor that attempts to help warm the cat in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)