|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the note say with the used tools that was left for Ove at his construction job in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
(a) "To the champion."
(b) "To the puppy."
(c) "To a friend."
(d) "Good luck."
2. For how long does the narrator say Ove and Rune had known one another in Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator”?
(a) Almost 40 years.
(b) Almost 30 years.
(c) Almost ten years.
(d) Almost 20 years.
3. Where did Ove's father work all his life?
(a) The bank.
(b) The rail company.
(c) The textile company.
(d) The library.
4. What is the name of the younger child who brings Ove food in Chapter 3: “A Man Called Ove Reverses With A Trailer”?
5. How old was Ove when his father died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of computer does the salesman suggest Ove purchase in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
2. At what time in the morning does the narrator say that "Ove and the cat met for the first time" in Chapter 2: “(Three Weeks Earlier) A Man Called Ove Makes His Neighborhood Inspection”?
3. How old was Ove when his mother died?
4. In what narrative tense is Chapter 2: “(Three Weeks Earlier) A Man Called Ove Makes His Neighborhood Inspection” related?
5. What literary device is employed in this sentence from Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”: "He's the kind of man who points at people he doesn't like the look of, as if they were burglars and his forefinger a policeman's flashlight"?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)