|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the note say with the used tools that was left for Ove at his construction job in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
(a) "To the champion."
(b) "Good luck."
(c) "To the puppy."
(d) "To a friend."
2. Why does Ove's neighbor ask for a lift to the hospital in “A Man Called Ove and a Lanky One who can’t Open a Window Without Falling Off a Ladder”?
(a) She has gone into labor.
(b) Her husband fell off a ladder.
(c) Jimmy is having an allergic reaction.
(d) Her daughter has cut her hand.
3. Where does the Lanky One say his wife is from in Chapter 7: “A Man Called Ove Drills a Hole for a Hook”?
4. At what time does Ove awaken every day?
(a) 6:45 a.m.
(b) 6:15 a.m.
(c) 5:45 a.m.
(d) 5:30 a.m.
5. How much money was in the wallet that Ove found when he was cleaning a broken railway car in Chapter 5: “A Man Called Ove”?
(a) Over 6,000 kroner.
(b) Approximately 1,000 kroner.
(c) Over 8,000 kroner.
(d) Over 9,000 kroner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parvaneh ask Ove to fix at her house in the end of Chapter 13: “A Man Called Ove and a Clown Called Beppo”?
2. What does Ove say is "the only thing that people care about nowadays" before storming out of the store in Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer”?
3. Where does the narrator say Ove slept in the nights after his house burned in Chapter 12: “A Man who was Ove and One Day He Had Enough”?
4. How old was Ove when his mother died?
5. What position has Tom been promoted to at the railway in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)