|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the workers at the construction site give to Ove when he left his job in Chapter 12: “A Man who was Ove and One Day He Had Enough”?
(a) A toolbox with tools.
(b) A suit and coat.
(c) 5,000 kroner.
(d) A bag of food.
2. What kind of car does Ove drive?
3. For how long does the narrator say Ove and Rune had known one another in Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator”?
(a) Almost ten years.
(b) Almost 40 years.
(c) Almost 30 years.
(d) Almost 20 years.
4. What color are the shoes that was Ove's wife was wearing when he first saw her described in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
5. What did the note say with the used tools that was left for Ove at his construction job in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
(a) "To a friend."
(b) "Good luck."
(c) "To the puppy."
(d) "To the champion."
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago was the funeral for Ove's wife, according to the narrator in Chapter 6: “A Man Called Ove and a Bicycle that Should Have Been Left where Bicycles are Left”?
2. Why does Ove fail at committing suicide in Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator”?
3. Of Ove's wife, the narrator says in Chapter 5: “A Man Called Ove,” "The only thing he had ever loved until he saw her was" what?
4. What had Tom been caught doing when Ove was 18 in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
5. What kind of car did Rune buy after owning a Volvo?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)