|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ove's mother work before she died?
(a) A butcher shop.
(b) A textile factory.
(c) A brickmaking plant.
(d) A chemical plant.
2. For how long does the narrator say Ove and Rune had known one another in Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator”?
(a) Almost 20 years.
(b) Almost ten years.
(c) Almost 30 years.
(d) Almost 40 years.
3. What did Ove respond when his future wife asked what he wanted to do with his life on their first date?
(a) To build boats.
(b) To paint portraits.
(c) To conduct trains.
(d) To build houses.
4. Where did Ove's father work all his life?
(a) The bank.
(b) The textile company.
(c) The rail company.
(d) The library.
5. What did the note say with the used tools that was left for Ove at his construction job in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
(a) "To a friend."
(b) "To the puppy."
(c) "Good luck."
(d) "To the champion."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ove spread over his floor in the beginning of Chapter 7: “A Man Called Ove Drills a Hole for a Hook”?
2. Why does Ove's neighbor ask for a lift to the hospital in “A Man Called Ove and a Lanky One who can’t Open a Window Without Falling Off a Ladder”?
3. Why was Ove unable to serve in the military?
4. What did the workers at the construction site give to Ove when he left his job in Chapter 12: “A Man who was Ove and One Day He Had Enough”?
5. What job did the director offer to Ove in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)