|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 - 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the cat that Ove's wife kept at her father's house?
2. What job did the director offer to Ove in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
(a) A job as a ticket taker.
(b) A job as cash collector at the train station.
(c) A job as a night cleaner on the long-distance train.
(d) A job as a train conductor on the morning train.
3. How old was Ove when he passed his driving test, according to the narrator in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
4. What did Tom steal from Ove while he was in the showers in Chapter 12: “A Man who was Ove and One Day He Had Enough”?
(a) Ove's father's watch.
(b) Ove's overcoat.
(c) Ove's shoes.
(d) Ove's mother's locket.
5. Who helps Ove with the cat in Chapter 17: “A Man Called Ove and a Cat Annoyance in a Snowdrift”?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opening of Chapter 9: “A Man Called Ove Bleeds a Radiator” the narrator states, "They say the brain functions quicker while it's" what?
2. How old was Ove when his father died?
3. What time was it when Ove first saw the woman who would become his wife, according to the narrator in Chapter 14: “A Man Who Was Ove and a Woman On A Train”?
4. What is the Blond Weed doing when Ove encounters her in Chapter 6: “A Man Called Ove and a Bicycle that Should Have Been Left where Bicycles are Left”?
5. What kind of car did Rune buy after owning a Volvo?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)