|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ove discover has happened to the sign forbidding vehicular traffic in the residential area in Chapter 22: “A Man Called Ove and Someone in a Garage”?
(a) It has been painted over.
(b) It has been run over.
(c) It has been taken away.
(d) It has bullet holes in it.
2. What does Ove write on his "Funeral Arrangements" before attempting suicide in Chapter 32: “A Man Called Ove Isn’t Running a Damned Hotel”?
(a) "Bury me in my suit."
(b) "Bury me in the backyard."
(c) "Bury me in a pine box."
(d) "Please read the attached eulogy."
3. Where does Adrian run when Ove opens the door holding a rifle in Chapter 32: “A Man Called Ove Isn’t Running a Damned Hotel”?
(a) To the toolshed.
(b) To Jimmy's house.
(c) To the train station.
(d) To Parvaneh's house.
4. What had Tom been caught doing when Ove was 18 in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
(a) Attempted murder.
(b) Causing the train to wreck by sabotaging the tracks.
(c) Stealing from the cash box in a carriage.
(d) Attacking a train customer while on duty.
5. What color are the shoes that was Ove's wife was wearing when he first saw her described in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position has Tom been promoted to at the railway in Chapter 8: “A Man who was Ove and a Pair of His Father’s Old Footprints”?
2. At the end of what decade was the house next to Ove's bought by a bank manager, according to the narrator in Chapter 34: “A Man Called Ove and a Boy in the House Next Door"?
3. Why does Lena want to interview Ove in Chapter 20: “A Man Called Ove and an Intruder”?
4. What catches Ove's eye when he steps into the hallway in the end of Chapter 32: “A Man Called Ove Isn’t Running a Damned Hotel”?
5. What were all the houses in the Spanish village made from in Chapter 21: “A Man Who Was Ove and Countries Where They Play Foreign Music in Restaurants”?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)