|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32 - 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 32: “A Man Called Ove Isn’t Running a Damned Hotel” the narrator says, "Sonja said once that to understand men like Ove and Rune, one had to understand from the very beginning that they were men caught in" what?
(a) "Faulty marriages."
(b) "The wrong time."
(c) "The wrong country."
(d) "Their own minds."
2. How is the first car that Ove bougtht for himself described in Chapter 10: “A Man who was Ove and a House that Ove Built”?
(a) A green Saab 97.
(b) A blue Saab 93.
(c) A blue Volvo 200.
(d) A red Saab 95.
3. About how old is Lena described as when she appears in Chapter 20: “A Man Called Ove and an Intruder”?
4. Where is the hiding place that Ove keeps his rifle?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) Behind the sofa.
(c) Behind the radiator.
(d) Atop the refrigerator.
5. Where did Ove marry his wife?
(a) A Catholic church.
(b) Town Hall.
(c) Ove's parents' house.
(d) A synogogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ove and Rune have their first friendly conversation about, according to the narrator in Chapter 20: “A Man Called Ove and an Intruder”?
2. What kind of car did Rune buy after owning a Volvo?
3. Where does Adrian run when Ove opens the door holding a rifle in Chapter 32: “A Man Called Ove Isn’t Running a Damned Hotel”?
4. Why does Lena want to interview Ove in Chapter 20: “A Man Called Ove and an Intruder”?
5. The narrator says in Chapter 34: “A Man Called Ove and a Boy in the House Next Door" that "if there was one single thing Ove and Rune agreed on, irrespective of how much they were feuding at the time, it was that whoever currently populated the neighbor’s house tended to be" what?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)