Chapters 1 - 4
• In Chapter 1: “A Man Called Ove Buys A Computer That Is Not A Computer,” an omniscient, third-person narrator introduces protagonist Ove, a 59-year-old curmudgeon, as he obstinately engages with a young sales associate at a computer store.
• Ove is attempting to purchase an iPad, but becomes more and more belligerent as the sales associate attempts to explain how the device functions without having a keyboard.
• Soon the associate calls over another sales associate to deal with Ove and he leaves for lunch; this causes Ove even more consternation.
• The narrative transitions to past tense in Chapter 2: “(Three Weeks Earlier) A Man Called Ove Makes His Neighborhood Inspection.”
• In this chapter, the narrator describes Ove’s daily routine of inspecting his neighborhood each morning after awakening at 5:45.
• The narrator points out that the first time Ove encountered the mangy cat was on this morning at 5:55 a.m...
This section contains 5,354 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)