|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Americans doing in the field of codes?
(a) Trying to break Japanese code.
(b) Working on a unbreakable code.
(c) Trying to teach the Navajo codes.
(d) Changing the nature of ciphers.
2. What did Stevenson specialize in at Oxford?
(a) Radio communications.
(c) Veterinary medicine.
3. In what country was Chamberlain most interested?
(d) The United States.
4. Where was an intelligence leak found?
(a) Through one of the cousins of Tsar Nicholas II.
(b) By a clerk in the US Embassy.
(c) By a clerk in the British intelligence.
(d) Through an admiral in the Russian navy.
5. Who was Colin Gubbins?
(a) A Canadian who cracked the Enigma machine.
(b) The head of the Baker Street Irregulars.
(c) The Polish labor leader.
(d) A close advisor of King George V.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Stevenson want to use in breaking codes?
2. What was Roosevelt's coded name in his correspondence with Churchill?
3. In what was the Black Chamber involved?
4. What allowed engineers to view the German communication network?
5. Who was Reinhard Heydrich?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)