|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the status of British finances at the time?
(a) Far worse than bankrupt.
(b) Close to bankrupt.
(c) Augmented by countries unwillingly under German control.
(d) Recently boosted by a war bond drive.
2. Why did Sir Henry Tizard bring an assortment of confidential information to the United States?
(a) For analysis.
(b) To convince the Americans to join the war effort.
(c) So it wouldn't be captured by the Germans.
(d) To fool the Germans.
3. What was one thing Stevenson saw a value in during the time between world wars?
(a) Early warning systems.
(b) Autopiloted bombers.
(c) Radio-controlled satellites.
(d) Autopiloted missles.
4. What was Stevenson's BSC busy doing?
(a) Recruiting members.
(b) Keeping supply lines open.
(c) Conducting a propaganda war.
(d) Protecting intelligence.
5. What company did Stevenson form with two other men?
(a) British Broadcasting Company.
(b) British Arts Corporation.
(c) American Telephone and Telegraph.
(d) Canadian Wire Service.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where was the Government Code and Cipher School relocated?
2. Of what ddi Stevenson recognize the implications concerning Germany's intelligence and codes?
3. What did Stevenson and a chemical engineer figure out how to do?
4. What did Hitler want destroyed before invading England?
5. What allowed engineers to view the German communication network?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)