|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was William Wiseman?
(a) The head of the CIA's covert operations branch in the 1950s.
(b) A spy for Britian in France during WWII.
(c) The chief of British Secret Intelligence Service in Washington, D. C.
(d) Stevenson's best friend.
2. Who was Reinhard Heydrich?
(a) He was captured with the German code book.
(b) He was a German working for the British in Germany.
(c) He tried to assassinate Hitler before WWII ever started.
(d) He worked in the German foreign intelligence.
3. Who was Colonel Bill Donovan?
(a) The head of Canadian intelligence.
(b) The commander of the Asian forces in the Philippines.
(c) The head of the CIA.
(d) He was to Roosevelt what Stevenson was to Churchill.
4. Where was William Stevenson born?
(a) Nova Scotia.
(b) Western Canada.
5. In what was the Black Chamber involved?
(a) Radio operations in France.
(b) Working on nuclear fusion.
(c) Rescuing Jews from Germany.
(d) Codes and ciphers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Admiral Wilhelm Canaris?
2. Of what ddi Stevenson recognize the implications concerning Germany's intelligence and codes?
3. Who did Stevenson want to bring into Bletchley?
4. Why couldn't Roosevelt be openly pro-war?
5. What routine were the people at Bletchley trying to figure out?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)