|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Stevenson watch England do?
(a) Try to appease Mussolini.
(b) Try to defeat Hitler with propaganda.
(c) Try to institute a new intelligence system.
(d) Try to pacify Hitler.
2. What shook Britain from its complacency?
(a) Russia's invasion of Norway.
(b) The destruction of the heavy water facility.
(c) Germany's invasion of Norway.
(d) Germany's invasion of Portugal.
3. What did Stevenson and a chemical engineer figure out how to do?
(a) Sabotage the iron ore plants.
(b) Repeal an invasion from Hitler.
(c) Create a underground heavy water facility.
(d) Sabotage the heavy water.
4. Why weren't warnings given to some British cities of imminent German attack?
(a) They did warn them.
(b) It would give away the knowledge that the Brits had broken the German codes.
(c) To confuse the Germans.
(d) To get the Brits incensed against the Germans.
5. What did Roosevelt promise the King and Queen of England?
(a) Financial aide.
(c) Assistance if England was attacked.
(d) Guns and airplanes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company did Stevenson form with two other men?
2. What concession did Stevenson gain from the United States?
3. With whom did King George V say he would not collaborate?
4. What was the name of the reports Bletchley was producing?
5. Where was William Stevenson born?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)