|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were German U-boats located?
(a) By overflight of planes.
(b) By a machine called an oscilloscope.
(c) Using HF/DF (HuffDuff).
(d) By dropping depth charges.
2. What was already in place when Hitler took the Channel Islands?
(a) The netword of Island resistance.
(b) The mine fields in the channel.
(c) The British organization for guerrilla warfare against the Germans was already in place.
(d) The Royal Navy underwater demolition teams.
3. What did the Americans learn the value of when the Bismarck was found and sunk?
(a) Using the Enigma machine.
(b) The Americans' help.
(c) Radio traffic analysis.
(d) Cooperation among allies.
4. What did Stevenson wire Churchill about Donovan?
(a) That he agreed to coordinate all intelligence.
(b) That he was retiring due to illness.
(c) That Roosevelt had fired him.
(d) That he was suspected of spy work for the Germans.
5. When was the invasion fleet for JUBILEE ready?
(a) December 12, 1942.
(b) August 18, 1942.
(c) August 18, 1944.
(d) January 11, 1943.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship was sunk in the area of Norway?
2. What helped make the D-Day invasion easier for Allied bombers?
3. What was the name of the reports Bletchley was producing?
4. What was Stevenson's cover occupation?
5. What enabled the the invasion fleet for North Africa pass through the Straights of Gibraltar?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)