|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author note about crying in the modern era?
(a) Everyone cries too easily.
(b) It is seen as unhealthy to cry.
(c) Crying does not tell more than words.
(d) It is no longer acceptable for men to cry, especially in public.
2. At the end of this section, which to spaces or realities does the author oppose?
(a) That of the lover and that of the mundane world.
(b) The city and nature.
(c) The familiar and the foreign.
(d) That of the theater and that of the mundane world.
3. What does the young Freud say to his fiancée in The Love Letter?
(a) We must be cautious with our correspondence.
(b) I wish you would visit instead of writing.
(c) I am tired of your long letters.
(d) I shall stop writing you if you do not write me back.
4. Which of the following describes the lover's madness in "I am crazy"/mad?
5. "I am crazy"/Mad, what does the lover realize in his madness?
(a) "I" is an other.
(b) The other is mad as well.
(c) I am not someone else.
(d) Madness is an illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Dedication," what effect can writing, as a form of amorous dedication, have on the other?
2. What does the lover's condition cause him to do in "We are our own demons?"
3. What is the best form in which to tell the story of love?
4. Which of the following characterizes the figure "night" in the section "And the night illuminated the night"/Night?
5. Which of the following phrases describes the informer in the section called The Informer?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)