Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the preferred response to the utterance "I love you?"
(b) "So do I."
(c) "I love you, too. "
2. In "Domnei," which two things is the narrator subject to?
(a) To the opinions of society and to the opinions of the other.
(b) To the other's dependency and to that of the other's children.
(c) To the loved one and to that person's parents.
(d) To the loved one and to the loved one's dependency.
3. In the section called Fade-out, where does the other's fade-out reside?
(a) In the other's voice.
(b) In the lover's memory.
(c) In the lover's silence.
(d) In the other's appearance.
4. In "Show me whom to desire"/Induction, the narrator notes that there is no desire without _________________.
5. To which ribbon does the title of the section The Ribbon/Objects refer?
(a) Charlotte's ribbon, which Werther forms an attachment to.
(b) The ribbon of a dead lover.
(c) A ribbon that held together a packet of love letters.
(d) The narrator's mother's ribbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the particular feeling, experienced by the character Werther, in the episode involving oranges?
2. In Jealousy, what does Werther's jealousy derive from, according to the author?
3. Select the outcome(s) with which the section Ideas of Solution/Outcomes is concerned.
4. Where does the name Gradiva derive from?
5. What clothing is Werther wearing when he first dances with Charlotte?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)