|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michelle see in the helicopter that made her realize the transfer to another hospital could go terribly wrong?
2. Why did the Duggars encourage even the youngest children to make eye contact.
3. Who was the doctor Michelle said the family was grateful to for the care given Josie?
4. What was the purpose of the trip planned for the following week?
5. What was the plan Jim Bob and Michelle had for the size of their family when they married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was ironic about the Duggars' decision to rent the Cornish House in Little Rock for their extended stay/
2. Describe the evening with the family following Michelle's release from the hospital.
3. What was the decision Jim Bob and Michelle had to make about the mission trip to El Salvador and why was it difficult to make that decision?
4. Describe Michelle's first gathering with the entire family after Josie's birth.
5. What was the prayer Jim Bob and Michelle prayed before making the decision to allow the baby to be delivered early and what was the response?
6. How did Jim Bob and Michelle come to borrow a house over the holidays?
7. How was Jim Bob's dad's tumor diagnosed?
8. Describe Grandpa Duggar's final birthday party.
9. Where was the film crew from and what was the reaction of the Duggar children to the film crew that arrived on December 4, 2009?
10. List at least two of the ideas Michelle offered as a means of establishing a servant's heart in children.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michelle and Jim Bob offer insights into the personalities of several of the children. Compare any four. What were their strengths, weaknesses, likes, and dislikes? How were they similar and how were they different? Were their attitudes and plans old-fashioned? Can you predict how the children will fare in "the real world" if they choose to leave their family?
Essay Topic 2
What was the answer to the questions, Do the Duggars date? How did Josh meet his wife? What values were instilled in the children with regard to choosing a spouse? What are the attributes the girls said they were looking for and what were the attributes they were looking to avoid?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the parenting ideals of Jim Bob and Michelle to most parents today. How are they different? How are they similar? Which is better for the parents? Which is better for the children?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)