|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the problem the Duggars face that was depicted by the Japanese film crew for their game show?
2. Which of the following was NOT one of the reasons Michelle said having the children perform at a nursing home was a good idea?
3. What was the final diagnosis of Josie's struggle with regard to eating?
4. Where was Mercy Hospital?
5. How did the Duggars come to make the decision not to have television?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were some of the people praying for Josie and Michelle following the news of Josie's birth?
2. What was the prayer Jim Bob and Michelle prayed before making the decision to allow the baby to be delivered early and what was the response?
3. How was Jim Bob's dad's tumor diagnosed?
4. List at least two of the ideas Michelle offered as a means of establishing a servant's heart in children.
5. Describe the situation that happened while Michelle was at the fast food restaurant while the family was visiting their friends in Tennessee.
6. What was the basis of the letter the Duggars received from a stranger after Josie's birth?
7. Why was the family not allowed to touch Josie during the early moths of her life?
8. What did Jim Bob do with several of the older children almost immediately after Josie's release from the hospital and why?
9. Who discovered that one of the Duggars had chicken pox, where were the family members when the disease was discovered and why did Michelle call it perfect timing?
10. What was the idea that occurred to Jim Bob in 1997, and how and why did the family act on it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the ways Michelle and Jim Bob seek to create opportunities for fun with their family? Was there a purpose?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the trip the older Duggar children took to El Salvador while Michelle was in the hospital. What were the concerns of the parents? What were the concerns of the children? How were these concerns addressed? What were the outcomes?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Duggars become involved in documentaries and television shows? What were their demands before agreeing to the filming?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)