|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper that ran the photo of the Duggar children following their parents in to vote?
2. Where were ten of the older children going the following week?
3. What was the song Michelle sang so often to Josie while she was in the neonatal intensive care unit?:
4. What group put together a billboard campaign that used the Duggars' name?
5. When did Jim Bob and Michelle decide to let God choose how big their family would be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jim Bob and Michelle come to borrow a house over the holidays?
2. What was the illness that struck the family over the holidays and how did this affect the family's visits to Josie?
3. Describe the incident in which Jinger's diary turned up missing.
4. What was the Duggars' attitude about greetings and why did they refuse to allow the younger children to act shy and avoid eye contact?
5. What was the idea that occurred to Jim Bob in 1997, and how and why did the family act on it?
6. What was the basis of the letter the Duggars received from a stranger after Josie's birth?
7. What happened on the hot, muggy day in Northwest Arkansas when Jim Bob told the kids he had a surprise for them?
8. What happened after Josh's birth that prompted Michelle and Jim Bob to change their plans about how many children they would have?
9. What prompted the family to invite the Bates and their seventeen children for a visit?
10. Where was the film crew from and what was the reaction of the Duggar children to the film crew that arrived on December 4, 2009?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the trip the older Duggar children took to El Salvador while Michelle was in the hospital. What were the concerns of the parents? What were the concerns of the children? How were these concerns addressed? What were the outcomes?
Essay Topic 2
What were the Duggars beliefs with regard to school? Why did they choose to homeschool? What were their attitudes about college education?
Essay Topic 3
What was the answer to the questions, Do the Duggars date? How did Josh meet his wife? What values were instilled in the children with regard to choosing a spouse? What are the attributes the girls said they were looking for and what were the attributes they were looking to avoid?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)