|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many babies from Josie's "pod" died in the neonatal unit while she was hospitalized?
2. What was the instruction on feeding Josie that Michelle found most difficult to follow?
3. What was Michelle's mother's name?
4. What did Jim Bob do to make a living?
5. What color was Josie's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was the film crew from and what was the reaction of the Duggar children to the film crew that arrived on December 4, 2009?
2. What was the illness that struck the family over the holidays and how did this affect the family's visits to Josie?
3. What happened when Josie was taken back to the hospital and what was the eventual diagnosis?
4. In the first days of the ice storm, what did Jim Bob change about his normal routine of having a child or two along while he did work outside and why?
5. What did Jim Bob do with several of the older children almost immediately after Josie's release from the hospital and why?
6. What was the idea that occurred to Jim Bob in 1997, and how and why did the family act on it?
7. Who discovered that one of the Duggars had chicken pox, where were the family members when the disease was discovered and why did Michelle call it perfect timing?
8. What happened after Josh's birth that prompted Michelle and Jim Bob to change their plans about how many children they would have?
9. What happened with baby Jordyn in the days immediately following Josie's birth?
10. What was the attitude of the younger children in the Duggar household when the power went out because of an ice storm and what did they do to entertain themselves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was music included in the lives of the children from the time they were very young? What was the result? What did Michelle say about the older girls' ability to teach music? Was the inclusion of music in the daily curriculum important in your opinion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the parenting ideals of Jim Bob and Michelle to most parents today. How are they different? How are they similar? Which is better for the parents? Which is better for the children?
Essay Topic 3
What were the attitudes of the Duggars with regard to clothing? How did this fit into their lifestyle as a whole? Were the attitudes reasonable for their family? Would it be reasonable for other families? Did their Biblical principals affect this attitude?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)