|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the emergency Jill and Jana had responded to the day before the authors were working on Chapter 12?
(a) A house fire.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A brush fire.
2. Where were the majority of the Duggar children on the day Jim Bob's father died?
(a) Attending violin lessons.
(b) Visiting friends in Tennessee.
(d) In El Salvador.
3. What was the concern the Duggar children faced about their gift-wrapped items when they were headed to El Salvador?
(a) Whether they would pass through customs unopened.
(b) Whether they would survive without tearing the wrapping.
(c) Whether they would be confiscated by the corrupt officials.
(d) Whether they would survive the rough handling in baggage.
4. What did Michelle say was the next step after having a child realize what they've done wrong?
(a) Chastizing the child in front of the family.
(c) Deciding their own punishment.
(d) Deciding how they should have handled the situation.
5. Who rode the camel when the Duggar family entered the local Christmas parade?
(c) Jim Bob.
(d) John David.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jim Bob say were the two things he prayed for after meeting Michelle?
2. Where did Jim Bob's parents live when Jim Bob's father died?
3. What is the CD Michelle said plays continuously in her bedroom?
4. What did Mike Schadt use as a textbook to teach international students English?
5. What was the purpose of the two kitchens in the Duggar house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Duggars say was "the big question" and what was their answer to it?
2. What does Jim Bob tell the children about how and why Bible time has benefited him?
3. What were the rules at the Duggar household about the Internet?
4. How did Josh become the owner of his first two cars?
5. How did Jim Bob and Michelle handle the situation when a child needed to be corrected and how did this differ from times the child was to be praised?
6. What were some of the things that might be discussed at Bible time in the Duggar household?
7. List at least two reasons the Duggars chose to homeschool their children.
8. What was the image Jim Bob gave regarding spitting into a cup and what was the purpose of that example?
9. What are some of the qualities the Duggar girls decided they didn't want to see in their future spouses?
10. Describe the incident involving the pineapple chunks and what was the lesson Michelle took from that incident?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)