|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Michelle hold each of her children when she met up with them at her father's funeral?
(a) The children didn't attend the funeral.
(b) There simply wasn't time.
(c) She didn't attend the funeral.
(d) She couldn't risk exposing Josie to chicken pox.
2. Why did the Duggars have lots of beautiful music in the house the days before Jana and Jill had their wisdom teeth removed?
(a) Playing instruments is a stress reliever.
(b) It was Christmas week and there were many carolers.
(c) The younger children were practicing for a recital.
(d) Playing classical music on radio if the girls' favorite stress reliever.
3. What was the accident Michelle's father experienced while Josie was still in the hospital?
(a) He broke his back.
(b) He broke his hip.
(c) He cracked two ribs.
(d) He broke both legs.
4. Where did Jim Bob's parents live when Jim Bob's father died?
(a) With Jim Bob and Michelle.
(b) In Little Rock.
(c) In Mississippi.
(d) In Tennessee.
5. What was the trick the older girls have used to teach the younger children to cut green onions or celery?
(a) The youngsters put their hands on their older sisters' hands.
(b) The youngsters use an old-fashioned food chopper.
(c) The youngsters use a butter knife.
(d) The youngsters use small scissors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michelle say when she wanted Jim Bob to know something was very important.
2. What was Jim Bob carrying when he rode the elevator to a classroom on the University of Arkansas campus for a speaking engagement?
3. Who can allow one of the younger children to go on the Internet?
4. How did Michelle meet the woman named Nana who did much of her laundry for several years?
5. How often did Nana help with the Duggars' laundry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the things that might be discussed at Bible time in the Duggar household?
2. What was the story Jim Bob and Michelle related about the woman who'd chosen accounting for a career?
3. Describe what happened on the day Jim Bob's father died.
4. What were the rules at the Duggar household about the Internet?
5. Why did the Duggars fear they would have a problem at customs in El Salvador and what happened when they arrived?
6. Describe what happened when Michelle's father died?
7. What did Michelle and Jim Bob believe were the two most important lessons they could teach their children and how did they set about accomplishing the second?
8. What was the image Jim Bob gave regarding spitting into a cup and what was the purpose of that example?
9. What did the Duggars say was "the big question" and what was their answer to it?
10. What does Jim Bob tell the children about how and why Bible time has benefited him?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)