|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jim Bob carrying when he rode the elevator to a classroom on the University of Arkansas campus for a speaking engagement?
(a) A stack of newspapers.
(c) Copies of his book.
(d) Michelle's purse.
2. What is the first goal Jim Bob and Michelle had for each of their children?
(a) That they learn to look for ways to serve.
(b) That they stay close to God.
(c) That they learn to listen to God's voice.
(d) That they confess their mistakes.
3. Where were the majority of the Duggar children on the day Jim Bob's father died?
(a) Attending violin lessons.
(b) In El Salvador.
(d) Visiting friends in Tennessee.
4. How did Michelle meet the woman named Nana who did much of her laundry for several years?
(a) Nana's daughter went to school with Michelle.
(b) Nana was teaching the children piano.
(c) Nana's grandson played baseball with Josh.
(d) Nana was an elderly neighbor with no where to stay.
5. What did Jim Bob often tell Jinger as she headed out shopping?
(a) Don't spend any money.
(b) Be safe.
(c) When will you be home?
(d) Bring me a honey bun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michelle say was the biggest challenge she faced as a homeschool teacher?
2. What was the accident Michelle's father experienced while Josie was still in the hospital?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the rules for children going to the grocery store?
4. What was the comparison the funeral director made on the back of the leaflet at Grandpa Duggar's funeral?
5. When was the Duggar homeschool officially adjourned for summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michelle meet Nana, what was their conversation about Michelle being tired, and what was her role in MIchelle's life for about two years?
2. Describe what happened when Michelle's father died?
3. What was the image Jim Bob gave regarding spitting into a cup and what was the purpose of that example?
4. Describe the situation in which James was asked to sweep the kitchen and how he eventually got the job finished.
5. What was Jim Bob's habit with his dirty socks, what was Michelle's complaint, and what happened with that situation?
6. What does Jim Bob tell the children about how and why Bible time has benefited him?
7. Describe the conversation at the University of Arkansas when Jim Bob was in the elevator carrying an armload of his books?
8. Describe the incident involving the pineapple chunks and what was the lesson Michelle took from that incident?
9. How did Jim Bob and Michelle handle the situation when a child needed to be corrected and how did this differ from times the child was to be praised?
10. Why did the Duggars fear they would have a problem at customs in El Salvador and what happened when they arrived?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)