|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT one of the ways Michelle might help the children study character qualities?
(a) Notice the quality in other family members.
(b) Perform acts of that quality in secret.
(c) Evaluate the root words for the qualities they're studying.
(d) Find examples of that quality in their studies.
2. What was the name of the Sunday School class at the Temple Baptist Church in which the entire Duggar family spent time in worship together?
(a) Families United.
(b) Children's Church.
(c) Up Close.
(d) The Oasis.
3. What did Jim Bob have in mind for a surprise for the children after they put away the Christmas decorations?
(a) To go swimming.
(b) He didn't know.
(c) To build a water slide.
(d) To go to a drive-through safari.
4. Who portrayed Mary and Joseph when the Duggar family entered a float in a local Christmas parade?
(a) Jim Bob and Michelle.
(b) Jackson and Jana.
(c) Josh and Anna.
(d) John David and Jill.
5. How did Josh earn the hundred dollars he used to buy the Datsun from Jim Bob when he was twelve?
(a) Gave up soda for a full year.
(b) Worked at a local convenience store.
(c) Ran a paper route.
(d) Picked up and sold aluminum cans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Josh meet Anna?
2. What did Michelle say was the biggest challenge she faced as a homeschool teacher?
3. Why did the Duggars insist their sons work to earn the money to buy their first cars?
4. When did Michelle say she and Jim Bob decided to homeschool their children?
5. What did Jim Bob and Michelle say near the end of Chapter 13 was the immediate payoff when they were consistent in dealing with the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. List at least two reasons the Duggars chose to homeschool their children.
2. Briefly describe how the Duggars pack for a trip?
3. What was the situation involving Jason, Jeremiah, and a bicycle, and how was it resolved?
4. What did Michelle and Jim Bob believe were the two most important lessons they could teach their children and how did they set about accomplishing the second?
5. What was Jim Bob's habit with his dirty socks, what was Michelle's complaint, and what happened with that situation?
6. How did Michelle meet Nana, what was their conversation about Michelle being tired, and what was her role in MIchelle's life for about two years?
7. List at least three of the rules Michelle has for children who are at the grocery store.
8. What was Jim Bob's struggle about whether he was truly a Christian and what did he come to learn about that situation?
9. What was the story Jim Bob and Michelle related about the woman who'd chosen accounting for a career?
10. What were some of the things that might be discussed at Bible time in the Duggar household?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)