|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the lesson Jim Bob presented the children when he told them about his mother cooking rice she had displayed as decoration?
(a) That there's a need to set priorities.
(b) That the Lord always provided food for them.
(c) That his mother was a frugal person.
(d) That his mother was a practical person.
2. What was the emergency Jill and Jana had responded to the day before the authors were working on Chapter 12?
(a) A brush fire.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A house fire.
3. How did Jim Bob say the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel were built?
(a) He didn't say.
(b) By pouring a special concrete into forms in the water.
(c) By pouting concrete and then bringing the pieces to be fitted together.
(d) By first walling the water away.
4. What would be the first step for a Duggar boy who wanted to get to know a girl as a potential spouse?
(a) To ask if she wants children.
(b) To ask her to join him at a church function.
(c) To talk to her father.
(d) To ask her over to the Duggar house.
5. What did Jim Bob and Michelle say near the end of Chapter 13 was the immediate payoff when they were consistent in dealing with the children?
(a) Well-behaved children.
(b) Time to be alone because the children play together.
(c) A calmer home.
(d) A cleaner house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the CD Michelle said plays continuously in her bedroom?
2. What did Jim Bob often tell Jinger as she headed out shopping?
3. Why did Michelle and Jim Bob almost always have a child with them when they're working?
4. What was one of Josh's more creative business enterprises as a youngster?
5. What did Michelle say was always her reaction when she saw a young mother out in public?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe how the Duggars pack for a trip?
2. List at least three of the rules Michelle has for children who are at the grocery store.
3. What did the Duggars say was "the big question" and what was their answer to it?
4. Describe what happened on the day Jim Bob's father died.
5. What was the method of conflict resolution the children were supposed to take before taking a problem to their parents and what happened when someone bypassed that method, taking the problem directly to an adult?
6. What was the story Jim Bob sometimes told about his family losing their home and the eventual outcome?
7. How and why were the younger children incorporated into the daily kitchen activities in the Duggar household?
8. How did Jim Bob and Michelle handle the situation when a child needed to be corrected and how did this differ from times the child was to be praised?
9. Describe the incident involving the pineapple chunks and what was the lesson Michelle took from that incident?
10. What does Jim Bob tell the children about how and why Bible time has benefited him?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)