|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Michelle say she and Jim Bob became parenting experts?
(a) She says they aren't experts.
(b) By having nineteen children.
(c) By applying Biblical principles.
(d) By learning from their own parents.
2. What did Michelle say she hoped happened to the relationships between the children by homeschooling them?
(a) That they'd become closer as a family.
(b) That they'd pair up for business ventures.
(c) That the older children would lead the younger to mission work.
(d) That they'd learn academically from their siblings.
3. What did Michelle say was the biggest challenge she faced as a homeschool teacher?
(a) Keeping up with the housework while teaching.
(b) Keeping babies quiet while teaching the older children.
(c) Making her children thirst for God's Word.
(d) Meeting the demands of different age groups.
4. What did Mike Schadt use as a textbook to teach international students English?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Duggar's book.
(c) A copy of War and Peace.
(d) The school textbooks.
5. How often did Nana help with the Duggars' laundry?
(a) Every Monday.
(b) Every evening.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Every weekend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Josh meet Anna?
2. What was the emergency Jill and Jana had responded to the day before the authors were working on Chapter 12?
3. What was Jim Bob carrying when he rode the elevator to a classroom on the University of Arkansas campus for a speaking engagement?
4. Which of the following was one of the things Jim Bob says reading the Bible to his family has done for him?
5. What is the "big question" the Duggars said they know other people are asking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Josh's big investment involving the mounted fish and how did he make back his money?
2. What are some of the qualities the Duggar girls decided they didn't want to see in their future spouses?
3. List at least three of the rules Michelle has for children who are at the grocery store.
4. How did Jim Bob and Michelle handle the situation when a child needed to be corrected and how did this differ from times the child was to be praised?
5. What were some of the things that might be discussed at Bible time in the Duggar household?
6. Why did the Duggars fear they would have a problem at customs in El Salvador and what happened when they arrived?
7. How did Josh become the owner of his first two cars?
8. What does Jim Bob tell the children about how and why Bible time has benefited him?
9. What was the method of conflict resolution the children were supposed to take before taking a problem to their parents and what happened when someone bypassed that method, taking the problem directly to an adult?
10. List at least two reasons the Duggars chose to homeschool their children.
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)