|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the decision before the Alcohol Beverage Control Board that Jim Bob was interested in?
(a) Whether liquor could be sold on Sundays.
(b) Whether liquor could be sold in Springdale.
(c) Whether convenience stores could sell liquor.
(d) Whether the legal drinking age should be lowered.
2. Where were ten of the older children going the following week?
(c) Little Rock.
(d) El Salvador.
3. Of the eighteen children in the Duggar family in 2009, how many were boys?
4. What does Michelle do when she realizes she's running low on diapers during a severe ice storm?
(a) Uses towels.
(b) Borrows some from a neighbor.
(c) Asks a member of the film crew to bring them.
(d) Sends Jim Bob to the store.
5. What was wrong with Jordyn at the same time Michelle was in the hospital with Josie?
(a) An ear infection.
(b) Chicken pox.
(d) A broken arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jim Bob say was his first reaction when he read the newspaper article he considered unfair?
2. How many babies from Josie's "pod" died in the neonatal unit while she was hospitalized?
3. Why did Jim Bob return to Springdale with some of the kids soon after Josie's release from the hospital?
4. What did the woman from the publication called the "Star" take from the Duggar home?
5. What did the young woman who visited the Duggars steal from Jinger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the idea that occurred to Jim Bob in 1997, and how and why did the family act on it?
2. What was the illness that struck the family over the holidays and how did this affect the family's visits to Josie?
3. Who discovered that one of the Duggars had chicken pox, where were the family members when the disease was discovered and why did Michelle call it perfect timing?
4. What was the attitude of the younger children in the Duggar household when the power went out because of an ice storm and what did they do to entertain themselves?
5. What happened on the hot, muggy day in Northwest Arkansas when Jim Bob told the kids he had a surprise for them?
6. In the first days of the ice storm, what did Jim Bob change about his normal routine of having a child or two along while he did work outside and why?
7. What was the prayer Jim Bob and Michelle prayed before making the decision to allow the baby to be delivered early and what was the response?
8. Why did Michelle say she believed God took the family through the health problems, including her bout of preclampsia and Josie's difficult early months?
9. What did Jim Bob do with several of the older children almost immediately after Josie's release from the hospital and why?
10. List at least two of the ideas Michelle offered as a means of establishing a servant's heart in children.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)