|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the elements in play when Jim Bob created a "poor man's slide and swimming pool"?
(a) Plastic sheeting and a pond.
(b) A pond and an inflatible slide.
(c) Plastic sheeting, a back hoe, and dish washing liquid.
(d) A large wading pool and a slide.
2. Which of the following was NOT one of the reasons Michelle said having the children perform at a nursing home was a good idea?
(a) The children see they are showing love for the elderly.
(b) The elderly have a chance to see the entire Duggar family.
(c) The elderly patrons are blessed.
(d) The children learn to perform in front of others.
3. What did Jim Bob say was his first reaction when he read the newspaper article he considered unfair?
(a) To call the reporter and set him straight.
(b) To call the reporter's editor and complain.
(c) To avoid the reporter completely.
(d) To call the reporter and offer to forgive him.
4. What was the decision before the Alcohol Beverage Control Board that Jim Bob was interested in?
(a) Whether liquor could be sold in Springdale.
(b) Whether convenience stores could sell liquor.
(c) Whether liquor could be sold on Sundays.
(d) Whether the legal drinking age should be lowered.
5. Where was Mercy Hospital?
(a) Little Rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the crisis Alicia Dennis was dealing with at the time of Josie's birth?
2. What was the news Josh revealed at Grandpa Duggar's birthday party?
3. What was Michelle's mother's name?
4. What was the final diagnosis of Josie's struggle with regard to eating?
5. What does Jim Bob say was one of the reasons they chose to home school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was ironic about the Duggars' decision to rent the Cornish House in Little Rock for their extended stay/
2. What happened when Josie was taken back to the hospital and what was the eventual diagnosis?
3. What happened on the hot, muggy day in Northwest Arkansas when Jim Bob told the kids he had a surprise for them?
4. How did Jim Bob and Michelle come to borrow a house over the holidays?
5. What was the basis of the letter the Duggars received from a stranger after Josie's birth?
6. What happened after Josh's birth that prompted Michelle and Jim Bob to change their plans about how many children they would have?
7. What was the prayer Jim Bob and Michelle prayed before making the decision to allow the baby to be delivered early and what was the response?
8. Why was the family not allowed to touch Josie during the early moths of her life?
9. What was the illness that struck the family over the holidays and how did this affect the family's visits to Josie?
10. What did Jim Bob do with several of the older children almost immediately after Josie's release from the hospital and why?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)