|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the answer to the question as to whether the Duggar children date?
(a) Only after they finish high school.
(b) Only after they are twenty.
(c) They don't in the traditional sense.
(d) They do but only to those known by the family.
2. What was the trick the older girls have used to teach the younger children to cut green onions or celery?
(a) The youngsters put their hands on their older sisters' hands.
(b) The youngsters use an old-fashioned food chopper.
(c) The youngsters use a butter knife.
(d) The youngsters use small scissors.
3. What was one of Josh's more creative business enterprises as a youngster?
(a) Buying used tires and making them into tire swings.
(b) Buying and selling the Billy Bigmouth singing fish.
(c) Buying and selling used lawn furniture.
(d) Buying and dismantling mopeds.
4. What was Jim Bob carrying when he rode the elevator to a classroom on the University of Arkansas campus for a speaking engagement?
(a) Copies of his book.
(b) A stack of newspapers.
(c) Michelle's purse.
5. What did Michelle say was the usual snack at the Duggar home?
(b) Fruits and vegetables.
(c) Cookies and cakes.
(d) Crackers and cookies.
6. What did Jim Bob predict some of the Duggar children would say was the best thing about being in the Duggar family?
(a) There wasn't a best thing.
(b) The travel.
(c) Bible time.
(d) The food.
7. What did Jim Bob say he learned from a seminar about a stay-at-home wife's need to talk about her day?
(a) She needs him to help figure out better ways to act.
(b) She needs someone to help motivate her for the coming day.
(c) She needs someone to say she's done well.
(d) She doesn't want advice, just someone to listen.
8. What was the concern the Duggar children faced about their gift-wrapped items when they were headed to El Salvador?
(a) Whether they would survive the rough handling in baggage.
(b) Whether they would survive without tearing the wrapping.
(c) Whether they would pass through customs unopened.
(d) Whether they would be confiscated by the corrupt officials.
9. What was Sam Walton's first rule of business?
(a) Commit to your business.
(b) Never go in debt.
(c) Build a better mousetrap at a better price.
(d) Find ways to make others believe in your business.
10. What did Michelle say prompted her realization that she wasn't handling anger well?
(a) A can of pineapple.
(b) A broken bowl.
(c) A gallon of milk.
(d) A bushel of apples.
11. What was part of the memorization process for Bible verses?
(a) Learning the Hebrew roots for the various words.
(c) Writing the verses on index cards.
(d) Silently reciting the verses.
12. What is the first goal Jim Bob and Michelle had for each of their children?
(a) That they learn to listen to God's voice.
(b) That they learn to look for ways to serve.
(c) That they stay close to God.
(d) That they confess their mistakes.
13. Where were Pastor Clark Wilson and his family from?
14. How did Michelle meet the woman named Nana who did much of her laundry for several years?
(a) Nana's grandson played baseball with Josh.
(b) Nana was an elderly neighbor with no where to stay.
(c) Nana's daughter went to school with Michelle.
(d) Nana was teaching the children piano.
15. Who can allow one of the younger children to go on the Internet?
(a) Anyone is allowed free access.
(b) Michelle or one of the older girls.
(c) No one.
(d) Michelle or Jim Bob.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the significance of the date, July 10, 2010, for the Duggar family?
2. How often did Nana help with the Duggars' laundry?
3. Why did the Duggars have lots of beautiful music in the house the days before Jana and Jill had their wisdom teeth removed?
4. What is the part of the day when Michelle hands out treats and rewards?
5. What did Jim Bob tell the children to do when they sensed he was becoming angry?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)