|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most important thing Lou Ann bought to take to college?
2. Why was Lou Ann's father not accepted into the fraternal order?
3. What gang was the deaf gang an undergrowth of?
4. What fraternal order did Lou Ann want her father to join?
5. What floor did Lou Ann drop her uncle and aunt off on when they came to visit her at college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lou Ann's mom feel when her wallet was stolen?
2. What was Lou Ann attempting to write an article about?
3. What made Lou Ann decide to quit interpreting?
4. What was Lou Ann's childhood neighborhood like?
5. How did Lou Ann choose her first college?
6. How did Lou Ann feel about the work she had to do at Harvard?
7. How did Lou Ann feel when she received a letter at college from her Aunt Imogene?
8. What did Lou Ann's parents do for a social life when she was a child?
9. What was the Nasty Homicides gang?
10. How did Lou Ann resolve her feelings of guilt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lou Ann's romantic relationships were deeply affected by her reluctance to discuss her parents deafness. Discuss this using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Lou Ann's life with deaf parents to how she thought her life would have been with hearing parents.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that deafness played on Gale and his family. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)