|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cheese had Lou Ann never had before going to Boston?
2. Who did Lou Ann spend two weeks every summer as a child?
3. What phrase did Lou Ann use to describe the communication issues that arose with the deaf?
4. Who did Lou Ann first hear about the deaf street gang from?
5. Why did Lou Ann leave her interpreting job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lou Ann do the summer before college?
2. What was Lou Ann's third job while she lived in New York?
3. How did Lou Ann's mom feel when her wallet was stolen?
4. Why did Lou Ann transfer to Harvard?
5. Where did Lou Ann go after graduating from Harvard?
6. What were Lou Ann's first few weeks at Harvard like?
7. How did Lou Ann choose her first college?
8. What was Lou Ann's second job while she lived in New York?
9. Why was it so important to Lou Ann that her father join the Masons?
10. What was the money situation like when Lou Ann was a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lou Ann and her sisters had very different reactions to their parents deafness. Compare and contrast their feelings using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Lou Ann's Uncle Bill and Aunt Margaret played a large role in her life during her childhood. Discuss the role that they played in her childhood using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Lou Ann's parents were perceived by strangers because of their deafness, using specific examples from the book.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)