|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cheese had Lou Ann never had before going to Boston?
2. What type of sofas were in the office of the editor at Lou Ann's new job?
3. What phrase did Lou Ann use to describe the communication issues that arose with the deaf?
4. What did Lou Ann get rid of by spewing her emotions?
5. Who was Lou Ann trying to write about in her article?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lou Ann choose her first college?
2. Where did Lou Ann go after graduating from Harvard?
3. Why was it so important to Lou Ann that her father join the Masons?
4. How did Lou Ann's experience with Tyrone impact her?
5. What was Lou Ann's childhood neighborhood like?
6. What did Lou Ann do the summer before college?
7. What was Christmas like when Lou Ann was a child?
8. What made Lou Ann decide to quit interpreting?
9. What was Lou Ann's third job while she lived in New York?
10. What did Lou Ann's parents do for a social life when she was a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Working in different capacities to help the deaf was very important to Lou Ann. Discuss this using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Lou Ann's feelings about having deaf parents differed from the opinions of other children of deaf parents.
Essay Topic 3
Lou Ann and her sisters had very different reactions to their parents deafness. Compare and contrast their feelings using examples from the book.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)