|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lou Ann's father agree to apply to the fraternal order?
2. Why was Lou Ann's father not accepted into the fraternal order?
3. How did Lou Ann go about putting her life in order?
4. What did Lou Ann have to learn to do for herself?
5. What color did Lou Ann always wear on Christmas as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lou Ann's mom feel when her wallet was stolen?
2. What was the money situation like when Lou Ann was a child?
3. What was Lou Ann attempting to write an article about?
4. What was the Nasty Homicides gang?
5. How did Lou Ann feel about the work she had to do at Harvard?
6. Why did Lou Ann feel that her parents were so often looked down on?
7. What did Lou Ann's parents do for a social life when she was a child?
8. What made Lou Ann decide to quit interpreting?
9. Why was it so important to Lou Ann that her father join the Masons?
10. What were Lou Ann's first few weeks at Harvard like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lou Ann felt it important to break away from home when she went to college. Discuss why she felt that way using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what the phrase "vanilla fires" meant to Lou Ann. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Lou Ann's maternal and paternal grandparents reactions to finding out that their respective children were deaf, using examples from the book.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)