|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lou Ann first hear about the deaf street gang from?
2. Why was Lou Ann's article not sounding good?
3. What was one of the main functions of the deaf fraternity that Lou Ann's parents were members of?
4. Why did it not work for Lou Ann's mom to tutor her?
5. Who was Uncle Garnel's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lou Ann feel guilty?
2. How was Lou Ann's exterior attitude colliding with her interior attitude?
3. Why did Lou Ann transfer to Harvard?
4. What did Lou Ann's parents do for a social life when she was a child?
5. How did Lou Ann choose her first college?
6. How did Lou Ann feel about the work she had to do at Harvard?
7. Where did Lou Ann go after graduating from Harvard?
8. What was Christmas like when Lou Ann was a child?
9. What was Lou Ann attempting to write an article about?
10. What were Lou Ann's first few weeks at Harvard like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Lou Ann's maternal and paternal grandparents reactions to finding out that their respective children were deaf, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Working in different capacities to help the deaf was very important to Lou Ann. Discuss this using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Lou Ann's parents were perceived by strangers because of their deafness, using specific examples from the book.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)