|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action made Lou Ann's mom very upset?
2. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she became deaf?
3. How many doses of meningitis medicine was Lou Ann's mom supposed to receive?
4. How many doses of meningitis medicine did Lou Ann's mom receive?
5. What was Lou Ann's paternal grandmother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Nasty Homicides gang?
2. What was the money situation like when Lou Ann was a child?
3. How did Lou Ann feel when she received a letter at college from her Aunt Imogene?
4. How did Doris Jean react when she was left at school?
5. How did Lou Ann's father say that he felt when Brian asked to marry Jan?
6. How did Lou Ann resolve her feelings of guilt?
7. What caused Lou Ann's mother to become deaf?
8. How did Doris Jean's parents react to the news that she was engaged?
9. How was Jan's childhood different than that of her sisters?
10. What type of hosts were Lou Ann's parents at the reception?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lou Ann's respect for her parents deepened as she grew older, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Lou Ann and her sisters had a strong bond; discuss that bond using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Lou Ann felt it important to break away from home when she went to college. Discuss why she felt that way using examples from the book.
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)