|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lou Ann's youngest sister think of Lou Ann?
2. What was Lou Ann's mom wearing when she went to school?
3. What was Lou Ann's paternal grandmother's name?
4. What was the first book that Lou Ann tried to read off her college reading list?
5. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she was sent to the school for the deaf?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Lou Ann's father to become deaf?
2. What type of personality did Grandma Nellie have?
3. What was Doris Jean and Gale's wedding like?
4. What did Lou Ann feel that she and her family were to the rest of the world?
5. How did Lou Ann view deafness?
6. Why did Lou Ann want to transfer away from Ball State University?
7. What role did Lou Ann play in her parents' lives as a child?
8. How did Doris Jean's parents react to the news that she was engaged?
9. What were the fears when Lou Ann was born and how were those fears alleviated?
10. How did Gale propose to Doris Jean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Working in different capacities to help the deaf was very important to Lou Ann. Discuss this using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the bouts of guilt that Lou Ann went through regarding her parents deafness, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Lou Ann and her sisters had a strong bond; discuss that bond using examples from the book.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)