|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lou Ann's dad feel about Lou Ann attending her new school?
2. What was Lou Ann's nosy neighbor's dog's name?
3. How far was the school from Lou Ann's mom's home?
4. When did Lou Ann's dad propose?
5. What was Lou Ann's father's first nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lou Ann's nightly ritual as a child?
2. What role did Lou Ann play in her parents' lives as a child?
3. How were Gale and Garnel different?
4. How did Lou Ann view deafness?
5. What was Lou Ann looking forward to getting away from when she transferred to Harvard?
6. What caused Lou Ann's mother to become deaf?
7. How did Gale propose to Doris Jean?
8. What type of personality did Grandma Nellie have?
9. What did Grandpa Walker do for work?
10. How did Lou Ann's maternal grandparents react when they found out that their daughter was deaf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout her life, Lou Ann had many struggles with the fact that her parents were deaf. Describe those struggles using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the relationship between Lou Ann's maternal grandparents and their daughter to the relationship between Lou Ann's paternal grandparents and their son.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that deafness played on Gale and his family. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)