|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did Lou Ann play for her parents?
2. What color hair did Lou Ann have as a baby?
3. What skill did Lou Ann's middle sister say that Lou Ann's youngest sister had?
4. What was the only think that could wake Lou Ann up when she was sleeping?
5. Where was Lou Ann's first college located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Doris Jean's mom use to try to get her to talk?
2. What caused Lou Ann's father to become deaf?
3. What were the fears when Lou Ann was born and how were those fears alleviated?
4. What was Doris Jean and Gale's wedding like?
5. What transpired when a visitor came to Doris Jean's parents home when she was sick?
6. What was Lou Ann's nightly ritual as a child?
7. What type of personality did Grandma Nellie have?
8. How did Doris Jean's parents react to the news that she was engaged?
9. How did Grandpa and Grandma Walker name their children?
10. How did Doris Jean react when she was left at school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout her life, Lou Ann had many struggles with the fact that her parents were deaf. Describe those struggles using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the bouts of guilt that Lou Ann went through regarding her parents deafness, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Lou Ann's respect for her parents deepened as she grew older, using examples from the book.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)