|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What church were Lou Ann's parents married in?
2. What was Lou Ann's mom wearing when she went to school?
3. What did Lou Ann think her parents were pretending to be when she was 8?
4. How did Lou Ann's dad feel about Lou Ann attending her new school?
5. What was the only think that could wake Lou Ann up when she was sleeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lou Ann's paternal grandparents react when they found out that their son was deaf?
2. What was a baby cry box?
3. What was Doris Jean and Gale's wedding like?
4. How did Doris Jean and Gale feel having someone they could finally communicate openly with?
5. What were the fears when Lou Ann was born and how were those fears alleviated?
6. What did Doris Jean's mom use to try to get her to talk?
7. What caused Lou Ann's mother to become deaf?
8. How did Grandpa and Grandma Walker name their children?
9. What caused Lou Ann's father to become deaf?
10. How did Lou Ann view deafness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lou Ann felt it important to break away from home when she went to college. Discuss why she felt that way using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the relationship between Lou Ann's maternal grandparents and their daughter to the relationship between Lou Ann's paternal grandparents and their son.
Essay Topic 3
Lou Ann's romantic relationships were deeply affected by her reluctance to discuss her parents deafness. Discuss this using examples from the book.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)