|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lou Ann's parents wedding held?
2. What was Lou Ann's mom's name?
3. What did researchers believe was the first sense that a fetus gained?
4. What did Lou Ann have the most of as a child?
5. Who helped Lou Ann's parents choose her name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lou Ann's maternal grandparents react when they found out that their daughter was deaf?
2. What caused Lou Ann's father to become deaf?
3. What caused Lou Ann's mother to become deaf?
4. How did Lou Ann's paternal grandparents react when they found out that their son was deaf?
5. What role did Lou Ann play in her parents' lives as a child?
6. How did Grandpa and Grandma Walker name their children?
7. How did Doris Jean's parents react to the news that she was engaged?
8. How did Doris Jean and Gale feel having someone they could finally communicate openly with?
9. What did Lou Ann feel was the worst thing about deafness?
10. What transpired when a visitor came to Doris Jean's parents home when she was sick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lou Ann's Uncle Bill and Aunt Margaret played a large role in her life during her childhood. Discuss the role that they played in her childhood using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what the phrase "vanilla fires" meant to Lou Ann. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Lou Ann's maternal grandparents and their daughter to the relationship between Lou Ann's paternal grandparents and their son.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)