|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Lou Ann's paternal grandparents have?
2. What was of great value outside of Lou Ann's home but little value in her home?
3. What was the name of Lou Ann's nosy neighbor?
4. What was Lou Ann's paternal grandmother's name?
5. How many of Lou Ann's paternal grandparent's children were deaf?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lou Ann's paternal grandparents react when they found out that their son was deaf?
2. What type of hosts were Lou Ann's parents at the reception?
3. What did Doris Jean's parents do to try to explain to her that she was going off to school?
4. What were Lou Ann's first few weeks at Harvard like?
5. What was Lou Ann's third job while she lived in New York?
6. How did Lou Ann's maternal grandparents react when they found out that their daughter was deaf?
7. Why was it so important to Lou Ann that her father join the Masons?
8. What were the fears when Lou Ann was born and how were those fears alleviated?
9. What role did Lou Ann play in her parents' lives as a child?
10. What caused Lou Ann's father to become deaf?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Lou Ann's feelings about having deaf parents differed from the opinions of other children of deaf parents.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Lou Ann's maternal and paternal grandparents reactions to finding out that their respective children were deaf, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Working in different capacities to help the deaf was very important to Lou Ann. Discuss this using examples from the book.
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)