|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was crucial to Lou Ann's parents?
2. When did Lou Ann's dad propose?
3. What was Lou Ann's mom's name?
4. In what state was Lou Ann raised?
5. How far did Lou Ann's dad have to drive to see her mom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lou Ann's paternal grandparents react when they found out that their son was deaf?
2. What type of personality did Grandma Nellie have?
3. What did Grandpa Walker do for work?
4. What was Doris Jean and Gale's wedding like?
5. How did Doris Jean and Gale feel having someone they could finally communicate openly with?
6. How did Lou Ann's maternal grandparents react when they found out that their daughter was deaf?
7. How did Doris Jean react when she was left at school?
8. How was Lou Ann's name chosen?
9. What caused Lou Ann's mother to become deaf?
10. How did Doris Jean's parents react to the news that she was engaged?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Lou Ann's maternal grandparents and their daughter to the relationship between Lou Ann's paternal grandparents and their son.
Essay Topic 2
Lou Ann's romantic relationships were deeply affected by her reluctance to discuss her parents deafness. Discuss this using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Lou Ann's life with deaf parents to how she thought her life would have been with hearing parents.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)