|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main thing that made Lou Ann different than her parents?
2. On what street was the church that Lou Ann's parents were married in?
3. Where was Lou Ann's mom's childhood doctor located?
4. What role did Lou Ann play for her parents?
5. What disease caused Lou Ann's mom to become deaf?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lou Ann view deafness?
2. What was Lou Ann attempting to write an article about?
3. What was Lou Ann's third job while she lived in New York?
4. What did Lou Ann's parents do for a social life when she was a child?
5. What was Christmas like when Lou Ann was a child?
6. What were Lou Ann's first few weeks at Harvard like?
7. How did Lou Ann choose her first college?
8. How did Lou Ann's mom feel when her wallet was stolen?
9. What did Lou Ann feel that she and her family were to the rest of the world?
10. What transpired when a visitor came to Doris Jean's parents home when she was sick?
Essay Topic 1
Working in different capacities to help the deaf was very important to Lou Ann. Discuss this using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what the phrase "vanilla fires" meant to Lou Ann. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the bouts of guilt that Lou Ann went through regarding her parents deafness, using examples from the book.
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)