|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Lou Ann's parents meet?
2. Where did some psychologists believe most of a person's personality was developed?
3. What was Lou Ann's mom wearing when she went to school?
4. How did Lou Ann's father break his nose?
5. What did Lou Ann say she was before she was a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Lou Ann play in her parents' lives as a child?
2. How did Grandpa and Grandma Walker name their children?
3. What caused Lou Ann's mother to become deaf?
4. What did Doris Jean's parents do to try to explain to her that she was going off to school?
5. How were Gale and Garnel different?
6. How was Jan's childhood different than that of her sisters?
7. How did Doris Jean's parents react to the news that she was engaged?
8. What did Lou Ann feel that she and her family were to the rest of the world?
9. How was Lou Ann's name chosen?
10. What did Grandpa Walker do for work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Lou Ann's maternal and paternal grandparents reactions to finding out that their respective children were deaf, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact that having deaf parents played on Lou Ann's childhood.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Lou Ann's career choices were impacted by her parents deafness. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)