|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lou Ann's mom feel when she saw her belongings being packed to go to school?
2. Where was Lou Ann's mom's childhood doctor located?
3. What did Lou Ann say she was before she was a child?
4. How many doses of meningitis medicine was Lou Ann's mom supposed to receive?
5. Where did Lou Ann's father live when he became deaf?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were Gale and Garnel different?
2. How did Gale propose to Doris Jean?
3. How did Doris Jean's parents react to the news that she was engaged?
4. What happened at the gas station on the way to Harvard?
5. What did Lou Ann feel was the worst thing about deafness?
6. Why did Lou Ann want to transfer away from Ball State University?
7. What did Doris Jean's mom use to try to get her to talk?
8. What was Lou Ann's nightly ritual as a child?
9. How did Lou Ann view deafness?
10. What did Doris Jean's parents do to try to explain to her that she was going off to school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lou Ann and her sisters had a strong bond; discuss that bond using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Lou Ann's Uncle Bill and Aunt Margaret played a large role in her life during her childhood. Discuss the role that they played in her childhood using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Lou Ann and her sisters had very different reactions to their parents deafness. Compare and contrast their feelings using examples from the book.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)