|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the magazine that Lou Ann was trying to start up?
(c) Deaf Journal.
2. What kind of cheese had Lou Ann never had before going to Boston?
(b) White American.
3. Who did Lou Ann spend two weeks every summer as a child?
(a) With her Uncle Bill and Aunt Margaret.
(b) With her Uncle Garnel and Aunt Imogene.
(c) With her paternal grandparents.
(d) With her maternal grandparents.
4. In what city did Lou Ann get an editorial job at in September 1976?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
5. What hotel did Lou Ann's parents visit in Chicago?
(a) Sherman House.
(b) Ambassador East.
(c) The Drake.
(d) Palmer House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What overwhelmed Lou Ann about the other students at Harvard?
2. What was the main entertainment in Lou Ann's town?
3. What did Lou Ann go to college for?
4. What did Lou Ann's friend encourage her to do regarding the article she was writing about deafness?
5. Why did it not work for Lou Ann's mom to tutor her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the money situation like when Lou Ann was a child?
2. How did Lou Ann feel when she received a letter at college from her Aunt Imogene?
3. What was Lou Ann's third job while she lived in New York?
4. What were Lou Ann's first few weeks at Harvard like?
5. Why was it so important to Lou Ann that her father join the Masons?
6. What made Lou Ann decide to quit interpreting?
7. How did Lou Ann's mom feel when her wallet was stolen?
8. How did Lou Ann's views toward her interpreting work change over time?
9. What was Lou Ann attempting to write an article about?
10. How did Lou Ann's experience with Tyrone impact her?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)