|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What overwhelmed Lou Ann about the other students at Harvard?
(a) They had different educations than she did.
(b) Everyone was articulate.
(c) They spoke differently than she did.
(d) They had more life experience than she did.
2. What was the name of the magazine that Lou Ann was trying to start up?
(a) Deaf Journal.
3. Whose children in her neighborhood did Lou Ann babysit for when she was a teenager?
(a) The grocer.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The banker.
4. What was Lou Ann's second job while working at the magazine?
(a) Teaching sign language and interpreting.
5. What did Lou Ann's friend encourage her to do regarding the article she was writing about deafness?
(a) Let down her guard.
(b) Research deafness.
(c) Interview her parents.
(d) Write down what she knew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase did Lou Ann use to describe the communication issues that arose with the deaf?
2. Why did Lou Ann leave her interpreting job?
3. Who was Lou Ann trying to write about in her article?
4. What physical education course did Lou Ann take at college?
5. Who was Uncle Garnel's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the money situation like when Lou Ann was a child?
2. How did Lou Ann's experience with Tyrone impact her?
3. Why did Lou Ann transfer to Harvard?
4. What was Lou Ann's third job while she lived in New York?
5. What made Lou Ann decide to quit interpreting?
6. What was the Nasty Homicides gang?
7. What did Lou Ann do the summer before college?
8. How did Lou Ann's views toward her interpreting work change over time?
9. How did Lou Ann's mom feel when her wallet was stolen?
10. Why did Lou Ann feel guilty?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)