|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Lou Ann's father not accepted into the fraternal order?
(a) He was deaf.
(b) He didn't have the right job.
(c) He didn't have any references.
(d) He couldn't afford the dues.
2. Who was Lou Ann's roommate in New York?
3. Why was Lou Ann's article not sounding good?
(a) She didn't know how to word it.
(b) She didn't want to make deaf people sound stupid.
(c) She was nervous writing it.
(d) She didn't want to explain deafness.
4. What fraternal order did Lou Ann want her father to join?
(c) American Brotherhood.
5. What overwhelmed Lou Ann about the other students at Harvard?
(a) They had different educations than she did.
(b) Everyone was articulate.
(c) They had more life experience than she did.
(d) They spoke differently than she did.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lou Ann teach her first sign language class?
2. Who invited Lou Ann to dinner at Thanksgiving?
3. What was Lou Ann's second job while working at the magazine?
4. Why did Lou Ann's father agree to apply to the fraternal order?
5. What kind of cheese had Lou Ann never had before going to Boston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Christmas like when Lou Ann was a child?
2. What was the Nasty Homicides gang?
3. How did Lou Ann feel when she received a letter at college from her Aunt Imogene?
4. How was Lou Ann's exterior attitude colliding with her interior attitude?
5. Why did Lou Ann transfer to Harvard?
6. What was Lou Ann's third job while she lived in New York?
7. What were Lou Ann's first few weeks at Harvard like?
8. Why was it so important to Lou Ann that her father join the Masons?
9. How did Lou Ann's experience with Tyrone impact her?
10. How did Lou Ann feel about the work she had to do at Harvard?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)