|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most important thing Lou Ann bought to take to college?
2. Who was the author of the first piece that Lou Ann edited at her new job?
(a) Debra Mead.
(b) Jane Mead.
(c) Susan Mead.
(d) Margaret Mead.
3. Who was Uncle Garnel's wife?
4. What was one of the main functions of the deaf fraternity that Lou Ann's parents were members of?
(a) Providing legal services for deaf people.
(b) Preventing discrimination against deaf people.
(c) Providing job hunting services for deaf people.
(d) Providing insurance for deaf people.
5. Who was Lou Ann's boss at her new job?
(a) Rupert Dobell.
(b) Steve Dobell.
(c) Byron Dobell.
(d) Clay Dobell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the kid that Lou Ann interpreted for in court?
2. How did Lou Ann feel about all the duties placed on her in her childhood?
3. What did Lou Ann's family expect her to be?
4. What type of sofas were in the office of the editor at Lou Ann's new job?
5. What gang was the deaf gang an undergrowth of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lou Ann's experience with Tyrone impact her?
2. What made Lou Ann decide to quit interpreting?
3. What were Lou Ann's first few weeks at Harvard like?
4. How did Lou Ann's mom feel when her wallet was stolen?
5. Why did Lou Ann feel that her parents were so often looked down on?
6. Why was it so important to Lou Ann that her father join the Masons?
7. What was Lou Ann's third job while she lived in New York?
8. What did Lou Ann do the summer before college?
9. What was the money situation like when Lou Ann was a child?
10. What was Lou Ann's second job while she lived in New York?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)