|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main thing that made Lou Ann different than her parents?
(a) She was outgoing.
(b) She was shy.
(c) She was more highly educated.
(d) She wasn't deaf.
2. What disease caused Lou Ann's mom to become deaf?
(a) The flu.
(b) Spinal Meningitis.
(c) A high fever.
3. Where was Lou Ann's parents wedding held?
4. How many years had Lou Ann's paternal grandfather's business been open in 1927?
(a) 17 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 18 years.
(d) 16 years.
5. How old was Lou Ann's father when he became deaf?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 4 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street was the church that Lou Ann's parents were married in?
2. What did Lou Ann swallow when she was 2?
3. How many of Lou Ann's paternal grandparent's children were deaf?
4. What did Lou Ann call deafness?
5. In what state was Lou Ann raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a baby cry box?
2. How was Jan's childhood different than that of her sisters?
3. What transpired when a visitor came to Doris Jean's parents home when she was sick?
4. What happened at the gas station on the way to Harvard?
5. How did Doris Jean and Gale feel having someone they could finally communicate openly with?
6. What caused Lou Ann's mother to become deaf?
7. What was Doris Jean and Gale's wedding like?
8. What were the fears when Lou Ann was born and how were those fears alleviated?
9. What did Doris Jean's mom use to try to get her to talk?
10. What type of personality did Grandma Nellie have?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)