|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only think that could wake Lou Ann up when she was sleeping?
(a) Doors slamming.
(b) A loud crash.
2. What was Lou Ann's nosy neighbor's dog's name?
3. What was Lou Ann's mom's sister's name?
(a) Paula June.
(b) Penny June.
(c) Peggy June.
(d) Priscilla June.
4. What was Lou Ann's mom wearing when she went to school?
(a) Pink checked pinafore.
(b) Brown checked pinafore.
(c) White checked pinafore.
(d) Blue checked pinafore.
5. What test did the doctor use to determine if Lou Ann was deaf?
(a) Clapped his hands by her ears.
(b) Had an audioligist run tests.
(c) Used a machine designed to test ability to hear.
(d) Played loud music to see if she would react.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lou Ann's mom feel about her writing the book?
2. What college did Lou Ann transfer to in 1973?
3. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she became deaf?
4. What flowers did a visitor to Lou Ann's maternal grandmothers home believe had caused Lou Ann's mom to become sick?
5. Who helped Lou Ann's parents choose her name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lou Ann's nightly ritual as a child?
2. How did Doris Jean and Gale feel having someone they could finally communicate openly with?
3. What did Grandpa Walker do for work?
4. What did Lou Ann feel that she and her family were to the rest of the world?
5. How was Jan's childhood different than that of her sisters?
6. What role did Lou Ann play in her parents' lives as a child?
7. How did Lou Ann's paternal grandparents react when they found out that their son was deaf?
8. What was a baby cry box?
9. How did Lou Ann's maternal grandparents react when they found out that their daughter was deaf?
10. How did Lou Ann's parents feel about her going to Harvard?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)