|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she became deaf?
(a) 13 months.
(b) 16 months.
(c) 14 months.
(d) 15 months.
2. What test did the doctor use to determine if Lou Ann was deaf?
(a) Played loud music to see if she would react.
(b) Clapped his hands by her ears.
(c) Used a machine designed to test ability to hear.
(d) Had an audioligist run tests.
3. What business did Lou Ann's paternal grandfather run?
(c) Grocery store.
(d) Hardware store.
4. What was Lou Ann scared of at college?
(a) Not fitting in.
(b) Not understanding the assignments.
(c) Being a small fish in a big pond.
(d) Not being well prepared.
5. What was the only think that could wake Lou Ann up when she was sleeping?
(b) Doors slamming.
(d) A loud crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did it take awhile for Lou Ann's paternal grandparents to realize her father was deaf?
2. How many sisters did Lou Ann have?
3. What did researchers believe was the first sense that a fetus gained?
4. How many of Lou Ann's paternal grandparent's children were deaf?
5. How did Lou Ann's family view her new school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the gas station on the way to Harvard?
2. What caused Lou Ann's father to become deaf?
3. What did Lou Ann feel was the worst thing about deafness?
4. How were Gale and Garnel different?
5. How did Gale propose to Doris Jean?
6. What was Doris Jean and Gale's wedding like?
7. What were the fears when Lou Ann was born and how were those fears alleviated?
8. Why did Lou Ann want to transfer away from Ball State University?
9. How did Lou Ann's maternal grandparents react when they found out that their daughter was deaf?
10. What was Lou Ann's nightly ritual as a child?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)