|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lou Ann's father's middle name?
2. Where was Lou Ann's parents wedding held?
3. What did Lou Ann say she was before she was a child?
4. In what year did Lou Ann's parents meet?
5. What book did Lou Ann's maternal grandma read about deafness?
(a) Helen Keller's autobiography.
(b) ASL Handbook.
(c) The History of Special Education.
(d) Pyschological Development of Deaf Children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lou Ann going to school for?
2. How did Lou Ann's mom feel about her writing the book?
3. What church were Lou Ann's parents married in?
4. What did Lou Ann have the most of as a child?
5. On what street was the church that Lou Ann's parents were married in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the fears when Lou Ann was born and how were those fears alleviated?
2. How was Lou Ann's name chosen?
3. What was Doris Jean and Gale's wedding like?
4. Why did Lou Ann think that her parents weren't deaf?
5. What happened at the gas station on the way to Harvard?
6. How did Doris Jean and Gale feel having someone they could finally communicate openly with?
7. What did Doris Jean's parents do to try to explain to her that she was going off to school?
8. How did Lou Ann view deafness?
9. How did Doris Jean's parents react to the news that she was engaged?
10. How did Lou Ann's maternal grandparents react when they found out that their daughter was deaf?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)