|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lou Ann's mom president of?
(a) Women's Auxiliary.
(c) Women's Deaf Orginization.
(d) Friends of the Library.
2. Where was the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang from?
3. Who was attempting to buy the magazine that Lou Ann worked at?
(a) Clay Murdoch.
(b) Steve Murdoch.
(c) Rupert Murdoch.
(d) John Murdoch.
4. Who was Lou Ann's roommate at college?
5. What was one of the main functions of the deaf fraternity that Lou Ann's parents were members of?
(a) Preventing discrimination against deaf people.
(b) Providing insurance for deaf people.
(c) Providing legal services for deaf people.
(d) Providing job hunting services for deaf people.
6. How old was the kid that Lou Ann interpreted for in court?
7. Why didn't children of deaf parents talk about their experiences?
(a) They felt embarrased.
(b) They felt that to do so would betray their parents.
(c) They didn't want to be viewed as freaks.
(d) They felt sad and frustrated.
8. What did Lou Ann attempt to have her mom tutor her in?
9. What color did Lou Ann always wear on Christmas as a child?
10. What was the main entertainment in Lou Ann's town?
11. How did the kid that Lou Ann interpreted for act?
12. What physical education course did Lou Ann take at college?
13. Where did the people that Lou Ann spent two weeks with every summer live?
14. What role did the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang play in the gang?
15. Why did Lou Ann like to divert conversations to her parents deafness?
(a) It kept people at bay.
(b) She felt guilty talking about it.
(c) She didn't want to draw attention to her family.
(d) She was embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lou Ann's father agree to apply to the fraternal order?
2. What quality did Lou Ann say that her parents voices had?
3. Who was Lou Ann's roommate in New York?
4. What type of sofas were in the office of the editor at Lou Ann's new job?
5. What did Lou Ann's parents like to do on Saturday nights?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)