|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did deaf people start stories?
(a) At the beginning.
(b) In the middle.
(c) At the end.
(d) At the punch line.
2. Who was the author of the first piece that Lou Ann edited at her new job?
(a) Jane Mead.
(b) Margaret Mead.
(c) Susan Mead.
(d) Debra Mead.
3. Who was Lou Ann trying to write an article for?
(b) New Yorker.
4. How did Lou Ann feel about all the duties placed on her in her childhood?
(a) Over used.
(b) Worn out.
5. What was Lou Ann's mom president of?
(a) Women's Auxiliary.
(c) Friends of the Library.
(d) Women's Deaf Orginization.
6. What was the name of the kid that Lou Ann interpreted for in court that had attacked a woman and stolen her wallet?
7. When did Lou Ann make her first phone call home from college?
(a) At Thanksgiving.
(b) At Halloween.
(c) During midterms.
(d) At Christmas.
8. Who did Lou Ann first hear about the deaf street gang from?
(a) Andre Acevedo.
(b) Pedro Acevedo.
(c) Jose Acevedo.
(d) Juan Acevedo.
9. What was Lou Ann's second job while working at the magazine?
(c) Teaching sign language and interpreting.
10. What was the name of the magazine that Lou Ann was trying to start up?
(d) Deaf Journal.
11. Where did Lou Ann go to get ice cream during her summer visits?
(a) Dari Delight.
(b) Dairy Barn.
(c) Dari Keen.
(d) Dari Queen.
12. Where did the people that Lou Ann spent two weeks with every summer live?
13. Who did Lou Ann feel sorry for in regards to her parents deafness?
(c) Her sisters.
(d) Their parents.
14. Why did Lou Ann always wear that color on Christmas?
(a) It brought out her hair.
(b) It brought out her face.
(c) It brought out her skin tone,
(d) It brought out her eyes.
15. What did Lou Ann get rid of by spewing her emotions?
(a) Feeling of rejection.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the kid that Lou Ann interpreted for act?
2. What noise did Uncle Garnel make when signing?
3. Who was the editor-in-chief at Lou Ann's new job?
4. Who did Lou Ann spend two weeks every summer as a child?
5. Why was Lou Ann's father not accepted into the fraternal order?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)