|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of the main functions of the deaf fraternity that Lou Ann's parents were members of?
(a) Providing insurance for deaf people.
(b) Providing legal services for deaf people.
(c) Providing job hunting services for deaf people.
(d) Preventing discrimination against deaf people.
2. What floor did Lou Ann drop her uncle and aunt off on when they came to visit her at college?
(d) 5th .
3. Who invited Lou Ann to dinner at Thanksgiving?
(a) John Ryan.
(b) Steve Ryan.
(c) Mike Ryan.
(d) Pat Ryan.
4. What did Lou Ann have to learn to do for herself?
(a) Speak out.
(b) Voice her opinions.
(c) Get rid of her guilt.
(d) Get rid of her feelings of suffocation.
5. What role did the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang play in the gang?
6. When did Lou Ann make her first phone call home from college?
(a) At Thanksgiving.
(b) At Christmas.
(c) At Halloween.
(d) During midterms.
7. What physical education course did Lou Ann take at college?
8. How often did Lou Ann's dad get paid?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every two weeks.
(c) Every other week.
(d) Every week.
9. Whose children in her neighborhood did Lou Ann babysit for when she was a teenager?
(a) The grocer.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The banker.
(d) The lawyer.
10. What gang was the deaf gang an undergrowth of?
(a) Mean Homicides.
(b) Evil Homicides.
(c) Nasty Homicides.
(d) Crazy Homicides.
11. Who was attempting to buy the magazine that Lou Ann worked at?
(a) John Murdoch.
(b) Steve Murdoch.
(c) Clay Murdoch.
(d) Rupert Murdoch.
12. Who did Lou Ann spend two weeks every summer as a child?
(a) With her Uncle Bill and Aunt Margaret.
(b) With her paternal grandparents.
(c) With her maternal grandparents.
(d) With her Uncle Garnel and Aunt Imogene.
13. What was Uncle Garnel's wife always asking Lou Ann to teach her?
14. In what city did Lou Ann get an editorial job at in September 1976?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
15. What overwhelmed Lou Ann about the other students at Harvard?
(a) They had different educations than she did.
(b) Everyone was articulate.
(c) They had more life experience than she did.
(d) They spoke differently than she did.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Lou Ann's boss at her new job?
2. How did the kid that Lou Ann interpreted for act?
3. What did Lou Ann's family expect her to be?
4. Who did Lou Ann feel sorry for in regards to her parents deafness?
5. How old was the kid that Lou Ann interpreted for in court?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)