|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lou Ann spend two weeks every summer as a child?
(a) With her paternal grandparents.
(b) With her Uncle Garnel and Aunt Imogene.
(c) With her maternal grandparents.
(d) With her Uncle Bill and Aunt Margaret.
2. What was Uncle Garnel's wife always asking Lou Ann to teach her?
3. Who was the second person that Lou Ann met in the deaf street gang?
(a) Big John.
(b) Big Steve.
(c) Big Tim.
(d) Big Willie.
4. Whose children in her neighborhood did Lou Ann babysit for when she was a teenager?
(a) The banker.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The lawyer.
(d) The grocer.
5. What did Lou Ann attempt to have her mom tutor her in?
6. What hotel did Lou Ann's parents visit in Chicago?
(a) Sherman House.
(b) The Drake.
(c) Palmer House.
(d) Ambassador East.
7. What did Lou Ann's family expect her to be?
(a) A loyal girl.
(b) A quiet girl.
(c) A good girl.
(d) A respectful girl.
8. Why did Lou Ann leave her interpreting job?
(a) It became an addiction.
(b) She found it too difficult.
(c) She felt like she was losing herself.
(d) It was boring.
9. Why did Lou Ann's father agree to apply to the fraternal order?
(a) To please his parents.
(b) He thought it would help him be accepted in society.
(c) To please his daughters.
(d) To please his wife.
10. What was the name of the deaf street gang that Lou Ann heard of?
(a) Nasty Homicides.
(b) Crazy Homicides.
(c) Mean Homicides.
(d) Evil Homicides.
11. Why was Lou Ann's father not accepted into the fraternal order?
(a) He couldn't afford the dues.
(b) He didn't have the right job.
(c) He was deaf.
(d) He didn't have any references.
12. What phrase did Lou Ann use to describe the communication issues that arose with the deaf?
(a) Vanilla Fire.
(b) Fires of Chocolate.
(c) Chocolate Fire.
(d) Fires of Vanilla.
13. Where did the people that Lou Ann spent two weeks with every summer live?
14. Who did Lou Ann first hear about the deaf street gang from?
(a) Andre Acevedo.
(b) Pedro Acevedo.
(c) Jose Acevedo.
(d) Juan Acevedo.
15. Why was Lou Ann's article not sounding good?
(a) She didn't know how to word it.
(b) She was nervous writing it.
(c) She didn't want to explain deafness.
(d) She didn't want to make deaf people sound stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical education course did Lou Ann take at college?
2. Who was Lou Ann trying to write about in her article?
3. Where did Lou Ann go to get ice cream during her summer visits?
4. How did Lou Ann feel about all the duties placed on her in her childhood?
5. Why did Lou Ann always wear that color on Christmas?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)