|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fraternal order did Lou Ann want her father to join?
(b) American Brotherhood.
2. What was Lou Ann's first interpreting job?
(a) Signing in court.
(b) Signing in a doctors office.
(c) Signing a computer class.
(d) Signing in a conference.
3. Where did Lou Ann go to get ice cream during her summer visits?
(a) Dari Keen.
(b) Dari Queen.
(c) Dari Delight.
(d) Dairy Barn.
4. What was Lou Ann's second job while working at the magazine?
(b) Teaching sign language and interpreting.
5. Who invited Lou Ann to dinner at Thanksgiving?
(a) Steve Ryan.
(b) John Ryan.
(c) Pat Ryan.
(d) Mike Ryan.
6. What noise did Uncle Garnel make when signing?
7. Whose children in her neighborhood did Lou Ann babysit for when she was a teenager?
(a) The banker.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The grocer.
8. What kind of cheese had Lou Ann never had before going to Boston?
(b) White American.
9. Why was Lou Ann's father not accepted into the fraternal order?
(a) He didn't have any references.
(b) He couldn't afford the dues.
(c) He was deaf.
(d) He didn't have the right job.
10. Where did most of the people in Lou Ann's neighborhood work?
(b) Auto industry.
(c) Food industry.
11. What topic did Lou Ann choose for her senior honors thesis at college?
(c) Shakespeare's style.
(d) Confessional Novel.
12. What was the name of the deaf street gang that Lou Ann heard of?
(a) Mean Homicides.
(b) Evil Homicides.
(c) Crazy Homicides.
(d) Nasty Homicides.
13. What was the name of the magazine that Lou Ann was trying to start up?
(a) Deaf Journal.
14. Why did it not work for Lou Ann's mom to tutor her?
(a) Because she didn't graduate high school.
(b) Because she couldn't hear.
(c) Because she didn't understand the subject being studied.
(d) Because she couldn't speak.
15. What physical education course did Lou Ann take at college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of sofas were in the office of the editor at Lou Ann's new job?
2. Who did Lou Ann feel was the most effective deaf rights activist she'd ever seen?
3. How did the kid that Lou Ann interpreted for act?
4. What was the main entertainment in Lou Ann's town?
5. What floor did Lou Ann drop her uncle and aunt off on when they came to visit her at college?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)