|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was attempting to buy the magazine that Lou Ann worked at?
(a) Clay Murdoch.
(b) Steve Murdoch.
(c) John Murdoch.
(d) Rupert Murdoch.
2. How did Lou Ann feel about all the duties placed on her in her childhood?
(b) Over used.
(c) Worn out.
3. Who was Uncle Garnel's wife?
4. What was Lou Ann's mom president of?
(a) Friends of the Library.
(c) Women's Auxiliary.
(d) Women's Deaf Orginization.
5. Whose children in her neighborhood did Lou Ann babysit for when she was a teenager?
(a) The grocer.
(b) The banker.
(c) The lawyer.
(d) The mayor.
6. Who was Lou Ann trying to write about in her article?
(a) The impact of deafness on society.
(b) The deaf street gang.
(c) Deafness in America.
(d) Her life as the child of deaf parents.
7. What topic did Lou Ann choose for her senior honors thesis at college?
(a) Shakespeare's style.
(b) Confessional Novel.
8. In what city did Lou Ann get an editorial job at in September 1976?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
9. Who was Lou Ann's roommate in New York?
10. What hotel did Lou Ann's parents visit in Chicago?
(a) Ambassador East.
(b) Palmer House.
(c) Sherman House.
(d) The Drake.
11. What physical education course did Lou Ann take at college?
12. Why was Lou Ann's father not accepted into the fraternal order?
(a) He couldn't afford the dues.
(b) He was deaf.
(c) He didn't have the right job.
(d) He didn't have any references.
13. Who did Lou Ann feel was the most effective deaf rights activist she'd ever seen?
(a) Andre Acevedo.
(b) Jose Acevedo.
(c) Juan Acevedo.
(d) Pedro Acevedo.
14. Where did the people that Lou Ann spent two weeks with every summer live?
15. Who was the author of the first piece that Lou Ann edited at her new job?
(a) Margaret Mead.
(b) Debra Mead.
(c) Jane Mead.
(d) Susan Mead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Lou Ann's boss at her new job?
2. How old was the kid that Lou Ann interpreted for in court?
3. What overwhelmed Lou Ann about the other students at Harvard?
4. What gang was the deaf gang an undergrowth of?
5. How often did Lou Ann's dad get paid?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)