|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lou Ann's family expect her to be?
(a) A good girl.
(b) A respectful girl.
(c) A quiet girl.
(d) A loyal girl.
2. What fraternal order did Lou Ann want her father to join?
(c) American Brotherhood.
3. Who was the second person that Lou Ann met in the deaf street gang?
(a) Big Willie.
(b) Big Steve.
(c) Big Tim.
(d) Big John.
4. Whose children in her neighborhood did Lou Ann babysit for when she was a teenager?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The banker.
(c) The lawyer.
(d) The grocer.
5. What was the name of the magazine that Lou Ann was trying to start up?
(c) Deaf Journal.
6. How did deaf people start stories?
(a) At the punch line.
(b) In the middle.
(c) At the end.
(d) At the beginning.
7. What phrase did Lou Ann use to describe the communication issues that arose with the deaf?
(a) Vanilla Fire.
(b) Chocolate Fire.
(c) Fires of Chocolate.
(d) Fires of Vanilla.
8. What day of the week did Lou Ann's dad get paid on?
9. How did Lou Ann feel about all the duties placed on her in her childhood?
(b) Worn out.
(c) Over used.
10. When did Lou Ann make her first phone call home from college?
(a) At Halloween.
(b) At Christmas.
(c) At Thanksgiving.
(d) During midterms.
11. What did Lou Ann say that nature placed a high importance on?
(a) Not being handicapped.
12. Where did the people that Lou Ann spent two weeks with every summer live?
13. What floor did Lou Ann drop her uncle and aunt off on when they came to visit her at college?
(d) 5th .
14. Why did Lou Ann leave her interpreting job?
(a) She felt like she was losing herself.
(b) It was boring.
(c) It became an addiction.
(d) She found it too difficult.
15. Who was Lou Ann's roommate in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lou Ann's father agree to apply to the fraternal order?
2. What was one of the main functions of the deaf fraternity that Lou Ann's parents were members of?
3. What kind of cheese had Lou Ann never had before going to Boston?
4. What was the main entertainment in Lou Ann's town?
5. What did Lou Ann have to learn to do for herself?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)