|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Lou Ann's roommate at college?
2. How did the kid that Lou Ann interpreted for act?
3. What fraternal order did Lou Ann want her father to join?
(b) American Brotherhood.
4. Why was Lou Ann's article not sounding good?
(a) She didn't want to explain deafness.
(b) She was nervous writing it.
(c) She didn't know how to word it.
(d) She didn't want to make deaf people sound stupid.
5. What was Uncle Garnel's wife always asking Lou Ann to teach her?
6. What color did Lou Ann always wear on Christmas as a child?
7. Who was the editor-in-chief at Lou Ann's new job?
(a) Mike Felker.
(b) Clay Felker.
(c) Steve Felker.
(d) John Felker.
8. What magazine did Lou Ann's boss move to?
(b) Vanity Fair.
9. What did Lou Ann's parents like to do on Saturday nights?
(a) Go out with friends.
(b) Go out to dinner.
(c) Go to see silent movies.
(d) Go to the deaf club.
10. Who was Lou Ann trying to write an article for?
(b) New Yorker.
11. What job did Lou Ann take after quitting the magazine and interpreting?
(a) Advocate for deaf people.
(b) Vocational Rehabilitation Job Coach.
(c) Started a magazine for deaf people.
(d) Taking care of elderly deaf people.
12. Who was Uncle Garnel's wife?
13. Who did Lou Ann first hear about the deaf street gang from?
(a) Jose Acevedo.
(b) Pedro Acevedo.
(c) Andre Acevedo.
(d) Juan Acevedo.
14. Who did Lou Ann feel sorry for in regards to her parents deafness?
(a) Their parents.
(d) Her sisters.
15. Who invited Lou Ann to dinner at Thanksgiving?
(a) Mike Ryan.
(b) Steve Ryan.
(c) Pat Ryan.
(d) John Ryan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lou Ann leave her interpreting job?
2. What topic did Lou Ann choose for her senior honors thesis at college?
3. Where did the people that Lou Ann spent two weeks with every summer live?
4. What floor did Lou Ann drop her uncle and aunt off on when they came to visit her at college?
5. What overwhelmed Lou Ann about the other students at Harvard?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)