|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of sofas were in the office of the editor at Lou Ann's new job?
2. What fraternal order did Lou Ann want her father to join?
(b) American Brotherhood.
3. Who did Lou Ann feel sorry for in regards to her parents deafness?
(a) Her sisters.
(d) Their parents.
4. Where did most of the people in Lou Ann's neighborhood work?
(b) Food industry.
(c) Auto industry.
5. What role did the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang play in the gang?
6. Why did Lou Ann leave her interpreting job?
(a) It was boring.
(b) It became an addiction.
(c) She felt like she was losing herself.
(d) She found it too difficult.
7. Who did Lou Ann spend two weeks every summer as a child?
(a) With her Uncle Bill and Aunt Margaret.
(b) With her paternal grandparents.
(c) With her Uncle Garnel and Aunt Imogene.
(d) With her maternal grandparents.
8. What was the main entertainment in Lou Ann's town?
9. What was Uncle Garnel's wife always asking Lou Ann to teach her?
10. Who was Lou Ann's boss at her new job?
(a) Byron Dobell.
(b) Rupert Dobell.
(c) Clay Dobell.
(d) Steve Dobell.
11. Who was the author of the first piece that Lou Ann edited at her new job?
(a) Susan Mead.
(b) Margaret Mead.
(c) Debra Mead.
(d) Jane Mead.
12. What did Lou Ann have to learn to do for herself?
(a) Voice her opinions.
(b) Get rid of her guilt.
(c) Speak out.
(d) Get rid of her feelings of suffocation.
13. What did Lou Ann's friend encourage her to do regarding the article she was writing about deafness?
(a) Let down her guard.
(b) Write down what she knew.
(c) Interview her parents.
(d) Research deafness.
14. What noise did Uncle Garnel make when signing?
15. What did Lou Ann get rid of by spewing her emotions?
(b) Feeling of rejection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was attempting to buy the magazine that Lou Ann worked at?
2. What color did Lou Ann always wear on Christmas as a child?
3. What gang was the deaf gang an undergrowth of?
4. What did Lou Ann's family expect her to be?
5. What floor did Lou Ann drop her uncle and aunt off on when they came to visit her at college?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)