|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fraternal order did Lou Ann want her father to join?
(d) American Brotherhood.
2. Who did Lou Ann feel sorry for in regards to her parents deafness?
(b) Her sisters.
(c) Their parents.
3. Whose children in her neighborhood did Lou Ann babysit for when she was a teenager?
(a) The banker.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The grocer.
(d) The lawyer.
4. What job did Lou Ann take after quitting the magazine and interpreting?
(a) Advocate for deaf people.
(b) Started a magazine for deaf people.
(c) Vocational Rehabilitation Job Coach.
(d) Taking care of elderly deaf people.
5. Who was Lou Ann trying to write an article for?
(c) New Yorker.
6. What was Lou Ann's second job while working at the magazine?
(c) Teaching sign language and interpreting.
7. What quality did Lou Ann say that her parents voices had?
(a) A ships horn on a foggy night.
(b) A quack.
(d) A squeak.
8. Where was the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang from?
9. What did Lou Ann go to college for?
(a) To become a lawyer.
(b) To become a writer.
(c) To become a sign language teacher.
(d) To become a doctor.
10. Who was Uncle Garnel's wife?
11. What hotel did Lou Ann's parents visit in Chicago?
(a) Sherman House.
(b) Palmer House.
(c) The Drake.
(d) Ambassador East.
12. How did Lou Ann feel about all the duties placed on her in her childhood?
(b) Worn out.
(d) Over used.
13. Who was the second person that Lou Ann met in the deaf street gang?
(a) Big John.
(b) Big Steve.
(c) Big Tim.
(d) Big Willie.
14. Where did Lou Ann go to get ice cream during her summer visits?
(a) Dari Keen.
(b) Dari Queen.
(c) Dairy Barn.
(d) Dari Delight.
15. Where did most of the people in Lou Ann's neighborhood work?
(a) Auto industry.
(b) Food industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical education course did Lou Ann take at college?
2. Where did Lou Ann teach her first sign language class?
3. Why did Lou Ann's father agree to apply to the fraternal order?
4. What gang was the deaf gang an undergrowth of?
5. What kind of cheese had Lou Ann never had before going to Boston?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)