|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't children of deaf parents talk about their experiences?
(a) They felt that to do so would betray their parents.
(b) They felt sad and frustrated.
(c) They didn't want to be viewed as freaks.
(d) They felt embarrased.
2. Where did Lou Ann teach her first sign language class?
(a) New York Society for the Deaf.
(b) The Children's Aid Society.
(d) Deaf and Hard of Hearing Society.
3. What floor did Lou Ann drop her uncle and aunt off on when they came to visit her at college?
(b) 5th .
4. What type of sofas were in the office of the editor at Lou Ann's new job?
5. What was Uncle Garnel's wife always asking Lou Ann to teach her?
6. What fraternal order did Lou Ann want her father to join?
(d) American Brotherhood.
7. Who did Lou Ann first hear about the deaf street gang from?
(a) Juan Acevedo.
(b) Jose Acevedo.
(c) Pedro Acevedo.
(d) Andre Acevedo.
8. What overwhelmed Lou Ann about the other students at Harvard?
(a) They spoke differently than she did.
(b) Everyone was articulate.
(c) They had more life experience than she did.
(d) They had different educations than she did.
9. What did Lou Ann's friend encourage her to do regarding the article she was writing about deafness?
(a) Write down what she knew.
(b) Interview her parents.
(c) Research deafness.
(d) Let down her guard.
10. What did Lou Ann go to college for?
(a) To become a doctor.
(b) To become a sign language teacher.
(c) To become a writer.
(d) To become a lawyer.
11. How often did Lou Ann's dad get paid?
(a) Every two weeks.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every other week.
(d) Once a month.
12. Who was attempting to buy the magazine that Lou Ann worked at?
(a) John Murdoch.
(b) Clay Murdoch.
(c) Rupert Murdoch.
(d) Steve Murdoch.
13. How did the kid that Lou Ann interpreted for act?
14. Who was Uncle Garnel's wife?
15. What job did Lou Ann take after quitting the magazine and interpreting?
(a) Vocational Rehabilitation Job Coach.
(b) Taking care of elderly deaf people.
(c) Advocate for deaf people.
(d) Started a magazine for deaf people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Lou Ann's boss at her new job?
2. What was the most important thing Lou Ann bought to take to college?
3. Who was the editor-in-chief at Lou Ann's new job?
4. Why was Lou Ann's article not sounding good?
5. Who was Lou Ann's roommate in New York?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)