|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lou Ann's parents like to do on Saturday nights?
(a) Go to the deaf club.
(b) Go to see silent movies.
(c) Go out with friends.
(d) Go out to dinner.
2. What did Lou Ann say that nature placed a high importance on?
(c) Not being handicapped.
3. Who did Lou Ann feel sorry for in regards to her parents deafness?
(b) Their parents.
(d) Her sisters.
4. How did Lou Ann feel about all the duties placed on her in her childhood?
(b) Worn out.
(c) Over used.
5. What fraternal order did Lou Ann want her father to join?
(a) American Brotherhood.
6. Where did Lou Ann teach her first sign language class?
(a) New York Society for the Deaf.
(b) Deaf and Hard of Hearing Society.
(d) The Children's Aid Society.
7. What physical education course did Lou Ann take at college?
8. What was the most important thing Lou Ann bought to take to college?
9. When did Lou Ann make her first phone call home from college?
(a) During midterms.
(b) At Halloween.
(c) At Christmas.
(d) At Thanksgiving.
10. Who was Lou Ann's roommate in New York?
11. How often did Lou Ann's dad get paid?
(a) Every week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Every other week.
(d) Every two weeks.
12. Who was Lou Ann's roommate at college?
13. Why was Lou Ann's father not accepted into the fraternal order?
(a) He was deaf.
(b) He didn't have any references.
(c) He couldn't afford the dues.
(d) He didn't have the right job.
14. Who was the author of the first piece that Lou Ann edited at her new job?
(a) Margaret Mead.
(b) Debra Mead.
(c) Susan Mead.
(d) Jane Mead.
15. Where was the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lou Ann first hear about the deaf street gang from?
2. What phrase did Lou Ann use to describe the communication issues that arose with the deaf?
3. What overwhelmed Lou Ann about the other students at Harvard?
4. Why did Lou Ann's father agree to apply to the fraternal order?
5. What did Lou Ann have to learn to do for herself?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)