|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What overwhelmed Lou Ann about the other students at Harvard?
(a) They had more life experience than she did.
(b) They had different educations than she did.
(c) They spoke differently than she did.
(d) Everyone was articulate.
2. What kind of cheese had Lou Ann never had before going to Boston?
(b) White American.
3. What did Lou Ann go to college for?
(a) To become a writer.
(b) To become a doctor.
(c) To become a sign language teacher.
(d) To become a lawyer.
4. Why did Lou Ann's father agree to apply to the fraternal order?
(a) He thought it would help him be accepted in society.
(b) To please his wife.
(c) To please his parents.
(d) To please his daughters.
5. Where did Lou Ann teach her first sign language class?
(a) Deaf and Hard of Hearing Society.
(b) The Children's Aid Society.
(c) New York Society for the Deaf.
6. Who did Lou Ann feel sorry for in regards to her parents deafness?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) Their parents.
7. What was Lou Ann's mom president of?
(a) Friends of the Library.
(b) Women's Deaf Orginization.
(d) Women's Auxiliary.
8. Who was attempting to buy the magazine that Lou Ann worked at?
(a) Clay Murdoch.
(b) Steve Murdoch.
(c) Rupert Murdoch.
(d) John Murdoch.
9. When did Lou Ann make her first phone call home from college?
(a) At Halloween.
(b) At Thanksgiving.
(c) At Christmas.
(d) During midterms.
10. Who was Lou Ann trying to write an article for?
(b) New Yorker.
11. Why did it not work for Lou Ann's mom to tutor her?
(a) Because she couldn't speak.
(b) Because she couldn't hear.
(c) Because she didn't understand the subject being studied.
(d) Because she didn't graduate high school.
12. Why did Lou Ann always wear that color on Christmas?
(a) It brought out her eyes.
(b) It brought out her hair.
(c) It brought out her face.
(d) It brought out her skin tone,
13. What was the name of the kid that Lou Ann interpreted for in court that had attacked a woman and stolen her wallet?
14. What did Lou Ann get rid of by spewing her emotions?
(b) Feeling of rejection.
15. Who did Lou Ann spend two weeks every summer as a child?
(a) With her maternal grandparents.
(b) With her Uncle Bill and Aunt Margaret.
(c) With her paternal grandparents.
(d) With her Uncle Garnel and Aunt Imogene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invited Lou Ann to dinner at Thanksgiving?
2. What role did the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang play in the gang?
3. How did deaf people start stories?
4. Who was Lou Ann's roommate at college?
5. What was the name of the deaf street gang that Lou Ann heard of?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)