|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lou Ann's family expect her to be?
(a) A loyal girl.
(b) A respectful girl.
(c) A good girl.
(d) A quiet girl.
2. Who did Lou Ann spend two weeks every summer as a child?
(a) With her paternal grandparents.
(b) With her Uncle Bill and Aunt Margaret.
(c) With her Uncle Garnel and Aunt Imogene.
(d) With her maternal grandparents.
3. What did Lou Ann's parents like to do on Saturday nights?
(a) Go out with friends.
(b) Go to the deaf club.
(c) Go out to dinner.
(d) Go to see silent movies.
4. Who did Lou Ann first hear about the deaf street gang from?
(a) Andre Acevedo.
(b) Juan Acevedo.
(c) Jose Acevedo.
(d) Pedro Acevedo.
5. Why was Lou Ann's article not sounding good?
(a) She didn't know how to word it.
(b) She was nervous writing it.
(c) She didn't want to explain deafness.
(d) She didn't want to make deaf people sound stupid.
6. What role did the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang play in the gang?
7. What floor did Lou Ann drop her uncle and aunt off on when they came to visit her at college?
(b) 5th .
8. How did deaf people start stories?
(a) At the punch line.
(b) At the beginning.
(c) In the middle.
(d) At the end.
9. Who was Lou Ann's boss at her new job?
(a) Steve Dobell.
(b) Byron Dobell.
(c) Clay Dobell.
(d) Rupert Dobell.
10. What color did Lou Ann always wear on Christmas as a child?
11. Who was the second person that Lou Ann met in the deaf street gang?
(a) Big Willie.
(b) Big John.
(c) Big Steve.
(d) Big Tim.
12. What fraternal order did Lou Ann want her father to join?
(a) American Brotherhood.
13. In what city did Lou Ann get an editorial job at in September 1976?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
14. What type of sofas were in the office of the editor at Lou Ann's new job?
15. What did Lou Ann attempt to have her mom tutor her in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week did Lou Ann's dad get paid on?
2. What did Lou Ann say that nature placed a high importance on?
3. Who was attempting to buy the magazine that Lou Ann worked at?
4. Who was the author of the first piece that Lou Ann edited at her new job?
5. How old was the kid that Lou Ann interpreted for in court?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)