|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise did Uncle Garnel make when signing?
2. What floor did Lou Ann drop her uncle and aunt off on when they came to visit her at college?
(b) 5th .
3. What hotel did Lou Ann's parents visit in Chicago?
(a) The Drake.
(b) Sherman House.
(c) Palmer House.
(d) Ambassador East.
4. What was one of the main functions of the deaf fraternity that Lou Ann's parents were members of?
(a) Providing legal services for deaf people.
(b) Providing insurance for deaf people.
(c) Preventing discrimination against deaf people.
(d) Providing job hunting services for deaf people.
5. What did Lou Ann go to college for?
(a) To become a lawyer.
(b) To become a doctor.
(c) To become a writer.
(d) To become a sign language teacher.
6. What was the most important thing Lou Ann bought to take to college?
7. Who was the author of the first piece that Lou Ann edited at her new job?
(a) Susan Mead.
(b) Debra Mead.
(c) Jane Mead.
(d) Margaret Mead.
8. What was the name of the magazine that Lou Ann was trying to start up?
(b) Deaf Journal.
9. What day of the week did Lou Ann's dad get paid on?
10. Why did it not work for Lou Ann's mom to tutor her?
(a) Because she didn't graduate high school.
(b) Because she couldn't speak.
(c) Because she couldn't hear.
(d) Because she didn't understand the subject being studied.
11. What did Lou Ann's friend encourage her to do regarding the article she was writing about deafness?
(a) Interview her parents.
(b) Research deafness.
(c) Let down her guard.
(d) Write down what she knew.
12. What was Lou Ann's second job while working at the magazine?
(a) Teaching sign language and interpreting.
13. Why was Lou Ann's father not accepted into the fraternal order?
(a) He couldn't afford the dues.
(b) He didn't have the right job.
(c) He didn't have any references.
(d) He was deaf.
14. What overwhelmed Lou Ann about the other students at Harvard?
(a) They spoke differently than she did.
(b) They had different educations than she did.
(c) Everyone was articulate.
(d) They had more life experience than she did.
15. What role did the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang play in the gang?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lou Ann attempt to have her mom tutor her in?
2. How did Lou Ann feel about all the duties placed on her in her childhood?
3. How often did Lou Ann's dad get paid?
4. Who was Lou Ann trying to write about in her article?
5. Who was attempting to buy the magazine that Lou Ann worked at?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)