|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Lou Ann take after quitting the magazine and interpreting?
(a) Taking care of elderly deaf people.
(b) Advocate for deaf people.
(c) Vocational Rehabilitation Job Coach.
(d) Started a magazine for deaf people.
2. Whose children in her neighborhood did Lou Ann babysit for when she was a teenager?
(a) The banker.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The grocer.
3. What did Lou Ann's friend encourage her to do regarding the article she was writing about deafness?
(a) Interview her parents.
(b) Let down her guard.
(c) Research deafness.
(d) Write down what she knew.
4. What phrase did Lou Ann use to describe the communication issues that arose with the deaf?
(a) Fires of Chocolate.
(b) Vanilla Fire.
(c) Chocolate Fire.
(d) Fires of Vanilla.
5. What was the name of the deaf street gang that Lou Ann heard of?
(a) Mean Homicides.
(b) Crazy Homicides.
(c) Nasty Homicides.
(d) Evil Homicides.
6. What did Lou Ann go to college for?
(a) To become a sign language teacher.
(b) To become a writer.
(c) To become a lawyer.
(d) To become a doctor.
7. Where did the people that Lou Ann spent two weeks with every summer live?
8. Why did Lou Ann's father agree to apply to the fraternal order?
(a) To please his daughters.
(b) He thought it would help him be accepted in society.
(c) To please his wife.
(d) To please his parents.
9. What did Lou Ann have to learn to do for herself?
(a) Voice her opinions.
(b) Speak out.
(c) Get rid of her feelings of suffocation.
(d) Get rid of her guilt.
10. Who was Uncle Garnel's wife?
11. Where did most of the people in Lou Ann's neighborhood work?
(a) Food industry.
(d) Auto industry.
12. What was Lou Ann's second job while working at the magazine?
(b) Teaching sign language and interpreting.
13. Who was Lou Ann trying to write about in her article?
(a) Her life as the child of deaf parents.
(b) The impact of deafness on society.
(c) The deaf street gang.
(d) Deafness in America.
14. When did Lou Ann make her first phone call home from college?
(a) During midterms.
(b) At Halloween.
(c) At Thanksgiving.
(d) At Christmas.
15. Who invited Lou Ann to dinner at Thanksgiving?
(a) John Ryan.
(b) Steve Ryan.
(c) Mike Ryan.
(d) Pat Ryan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hotel did Lou Ann's parents visit in Chicago?
2. Where was the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang from?
3. How did deaf people start stories?
4. In what city did Lou Ann get an editorial job at in September 1976?
5. What role did the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang play in the gang?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)