|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality did Lou Ann say that her parents voices had?
(b) A squeak.
(c) A ships horn on a foggy night.
(d) A quack.
2. What was the name of the deaf street gang that Lou Ann heard of?
(a) Mean Homicides.
(b) Nasty Homicides.
(c) Crazy Homicides.
(d) Evil Homicides.
3. Why did Lou Ann leave her interpreting job?
(a) It became an addiction.
(b) It was boring.
(c) She found it too difficult.
(d) She felt like she was losing herself.
4. What did Lou Ann's parents like to do on Saturday nights?
(a) Go out to dinner.
(b) Go to the deaf club.
(c) Go to see silent movies.
(d) Go out with friends.
5. What physical education course did Lou Ann take at college?
6. How did deaf people start stories?
(a) At the end.
(b) At the punch line.
(c) At the beginning.
(d) In the middle.
7. Who was Lou Ann trying to write about in her article?
(a) The impact of deafness on society.
(b) The deaf street gang.
(c) Her life as the child of deaf parents.
(d) Deafness in America.
8. Who was Lou Ann's roommate at college?
9. How did Lou Ann go about putting her life in order?
(a) Had a heart to heart with her parents.
(b) Put her guilty feelings to rest.
(c) Rediscovered herself.
(d) Stopped doing the things she didn't want to do.
10. What was the name of the kid that Lou Ann interpreted for in court that had attacked a woman and stolen her wallet?
11. Who did Lou Ann feel sorry for in regards to her parents deafness?
(a) Her sisters.
(c) Their parents.
12. What was Lou Ann's second job while working at the magazine?
(b) Teaching sign language and interpreting.
13. What fraternal order did Lou Ann want her father to join?
(a) American Brotherhood.
14. How did Lou Ann feel about all the duties placed on her in her childhood?
(c) Over used.
(d) Worn out.
15. Who did Lou Ann spend two weeks every summer as a child?
(a) With her Uncle Garnel and Aunt Imogene.
(b) With her paternal grandparents.
(c) With her maternal grandparents.
(d) With her Uncle Bill and Aunt Margaret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang play in the gang?
2. Why was Lou Ann's article not sounding good?
3. What did Lou Ann say that nature placed a high importance on?
4. Who invited Lou Ann to dinner at Thanksgiving?
5. What was the name of the magazine that Lou Ann was trying to start up?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)