|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lou Ann go to get ice cream during her summer visits?
(a) Dari Keen.
(b) Dairy Barn.
(c) Dari Delight.
(d) Dari Queen.
2. What color did Lou Ann always wear on Christmas as a child?
3. Whose children in her neighborhood did Lou Ann babysit for when she was a teenager?
(a) The banker.
(b) The grocer.
(c) The lawyer.
(d) The mayor.
4. What hotel did Lou Ann's parents visit in Chicago?
(a) The Drake.
(b) Ambassador East.
(c) Palmer House.
(d) Sherman House.
5. Who was Lou Ann's roommate in New York?
6. What job did Lou Ann take after quitting the magazine and interpreting?
(a) Advocate for deaf people.
(b) Started a magazine for deaf people.
(c) Taking care of elderly deaf people.
(d) Vocational Rehabilitation Job Coach.
7. Who was Lou Ann trying to write about in her article?
(a) The deaf street gang.
(b) Her life as the child of deaf parents.
(c) Deafness in America.
(d) The impact of deafness on society.
8. Where did the people that Lou Ann spent two weeks with every summer live?
9. What physical education course did Lou Ann take at college?
10. Who did Lou Ann feel was the most effective deaf rights activist she'd ever seen?
(a) Andre Acevedo.
(b) Jose Acevedo.
(c) Juan Acevedo.
(d) Pedro Acevedo.
11. Who was Lou Ann trying to write an article for?
(a) New Yorker.
12. Who was the author of the first piece that Lou Ann edited at her new job?
(a) Debra Mead.
(b) Margaret Mead.
(c) Susan Mead.
(d) Jane Mead.
13. What floor did Lou Ann drop her uncle and aunt off on when they came to visit her at college?
(a) 5th .
14. Why did Lou Ann always wear that color on Christmas?
(a) It brought out her eyes.
(b) It brought out her face.
(c) It brought out her skin tone,
(d) It brought out her hair.
15. Why did Lou Ann's father agree to apply to the fraternal order?
(a) To please his wife.
(b) He thought it would help him be accepted in society.
(c) To please his daughters.
(d) To please his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't children of deaf parents talk about their experiences?
2. What fraternal order did Lou Ann want her father to join?
3. Why did it not work for Lou Ann's mom to tutor her?
4. Why did Lou Ann like to divert conversations to her parents deafness?
5. What did Lou Ann's family expect her to be?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)