|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang from?
2. What was Lou Ann's first interpreting job?
(a) Signing in a conference.
(b) Signing in court.
(c) Signing a computer class.
(d) Signing in a doctors office.
3. What color did Lou Ann always wear on Christmas as a child?
4. How did Lou Ann go about putting her life in order?
(a) Rediscovered herself.
(b) Put her guilty feelings to rest.
(c) Had a heart to heart with her parents.
(d) Stopped doing the things she didn't want to do.
5. Why did Lou Ann leave her interpreting job?
(a) She found it too difficult.
(b) She felt like she was losing herself.
(c) It was boring.
(d) It became an addiction.
6. What type of sofas were in the office of the editor at Lou Ann's new job?
7. What floor did Lou Ann drop her uncle and aunt off on when they came to visit her at college?
(d) 5th .
8. What noise did Uncle Garnel make when signing?
9. What physical education course did Lou Ann take at college?
10. Why did Lou Ann like to divert conversations to her parents deafness?
(a) She didn't want to draw attention to her family.
(b) She felt guilty talking about it.
(c) It kept people at bay.
(d) She was embarrassed.
11. Who was the second person that Lou Ann met in the deaf street gang?
(a) Big John.
(b) Big Tim.
(c) Big Willie.
(d) Big Steve.
12. What was the main entertainment in Lou Ann's town?
13. What gang was the deaf gang an undergrowth of?
(a) Crazy Homicides.
(b) Mean Homicides.
(c) Nasty Homicides.
(d) Evil Homicides.
14. What did Lou Ann's parents like to do on Saturday nights?
(a) Go to the deaf club.
(b) Go out with friends.
(c) Go out to dinner.
(d) Go to see silent movies.
15. What was Lou Ann's mom president of?
(a) Women's Auxiliary.
(b) Friends of the Library.
(c) Women's Deaf Orginization.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Lou Ann's roommate in New York?
2. Why did Lou Ann's father agree to apply to the fraternal order?
3. Who was the editor-in-chief at Lou Ann's new job?
4. What was Lou Ann's second job while working at the magazine?
5. Who was Lou Ann's roommate at college?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)