|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lou Ann's family expect her to be?
(a) A quiet girl.
(b) A good girl.
(c) A loyal girl.
(d) A respectful girl.
2. Where did the people that Lou Ann spent two weeks with every summer live?
3. What phrase did Lou Ann use to describe the communication issues that arose with the deaf?
(a) Vanilla Fire.
(b) Fires of Vanilla.
(c) Fires of Chocolate.
(d) Chocolate Fire.
4. Who did Lou Ann feel was the most effective deaf rights activist she'd ever seen?
(a) Juan Acevedo.
(b) Jose Acevedo.
(c) Pedro Acevedo.
(d) Andre Acevedo.
5. What was the name of the magazine that Lou Ann was trying to start up?
(b) Deaf Journal.
6. Why did Lou Ann leave her interpreting job?
(a) It became an addiction.
(b) She found it too difficult.
(c) She felt like she was losing herself.
(d) It was boring.
7. What fraternal order did Lou Ann want her father to join?
(d) American Brotherhood.
8. In what city did Lou Ann get an editorial job at in September 1976?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
9. Who did Lou Ann first hear about the deaf street gang from?
(a) Pedro Acevedo.
(b) Andre Acevedo.
(c) Jose Acevedo.
(d) Juan Acevedo.
10. What did Lou Ann go to college for?
(a) To become a doctor.
(b) To become a lawyer.
(c) To become a sign language teacher.
(d) To become a writer.
11. What day of the week did Lou Ann's dad get paid on?
12. What did Lou Ann attempt to have her mom tutor her in?
13. What topic did Lou Ann choose for her senior honors thesis at college?
(b) Shakespeare's style.
(d) Confessional Novel.
14. Where was the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang from?
15. What was the main entertainment in Lou Ann's town?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did Lou Ann's dad get paid?
2. Where did Lou Ann teach her first sign language class?
3. Where did most of the people in Lou Ann's neighborhood work?
4. Why was Lou Ann's father not accepted into the fraternal order?
5. What did Lou Ann say that nature placed a high importance on?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)