|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lou Ann feel was the most effective deaf rights activist she'd ever seen?
(a) Pedro Acevedo.
(b) Andre Acevedo.
(c) Jose Acevedo.
(d) Juan Acevedo.
2. What role did the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang play in the gang?
3. How did Lou Ann feel about all the duties placed on her in her childhood?
(a) Worn out.
(d) Over used.
4. Who was the second person that Lou Ann met in the deaf street gang?
(a) Big Steve.
(b) Big Tim.
(c) Big John.
(d) Big Willie.
5. How did Lou Ann go about putting her life in order?
(a) Had a heart to heart with her parents.
(b) Stopped doing the things she didn't want to do.
(c) Rediscovered herself.
(d) Put her guilty feelings to rest.
6. What did Lou Ann's parents like to do on Saturday nights?
(a) Go out with friends.
(b) Go to see silent movies.
(c) Go to the deaf club.
(d) Go out to dinner.
7. What did Lou Ann go to college for?
(a) To become a doctor.
(b) To become a lawyer.
(c) To become a writer.
(d) To become a sign language teacher.
8. What physical education course did Lou Ann take at college?
9. Where did Lou Ann teach her first sign language class?
(b) The Children's Aid Society.
(c) New York Society for the Deaf.
(d) Deaf and Hard of Hearing Society.
10. What noise did Uncle Garnel make when signing?
11. What day of the week did Lou Ann's dad get paid on?
12. What kind of cheese had Lou Ann never had before going to Boston?
(b) White American.
13. Why did Lou Ann always wear that color on Christmas?
(a) It brought out her skin tone,
(b) It brought out her face.
(c) It brought out her hair.
(d) It brought out her eyes.
14. What was Uncle Garnel's wife always asking Lou Ann to teach her?
15. What was Lou Ann's second job while working at the magazine?
(c) Teaching sign language and interpreting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lou Ann get rid of by spewing her emotions?
2. Why was Lou Ann's article not sounding good?
3. Why didn't children of deaf parents talk about their experiences?
4. In what city did Lou Ann get an editorial job at in September 1976?
5. What was one of the main functions of the deaf fraternity that Lou Ann's parents were members of?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)