|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hotel did Lou Ann's parents visit in Chicago?
(a) Ambassador East.
(b) Palmer House.
(c) Sherman House.
(d) The Drake.
2. What role did the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang play in the gang?
3. What did Lou Ann's family expect her to be?
(a) A good girl.
(b) A loyal girl.
(c) A quiet girl.
(d) A respectful girl.
4. Who was Lou Ann trying to write an article for?
(a) New Yorker.
5. What quality did Lou Ann say that her parents voices had?
(a) A ships horn on a foggy night.
(b) A squeak.
(d) A quack.
6. Why was Lou Ann's father not accepted into the fraternal order?
(a) He couldn't afford the dues.
(b) He was deaf.
(c) He didn't have any references.
(d) He didn't have the right job.
7. What magazine did Lou Ann's boss move to?
(c) Vanity Fair.
8. How did Lou Ann go about putting her life in order?
(a) Stopped doing the things she didn't want to do.
(b) Had a heart to heart with her parents.
(c) Put her guilty feelings to rest.
(d) Rediscovered herself.
9. How often did Lou Ann's dad get paid?
(a) Every other week.
(b) Every two weeks.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every week.
10. Why did Lou Ann like to divert conversations to her parents deafness?
(a) She didn't want to draw attention to her family.
(b) It kept people at bay.
(c) She was embarrassed.
(d) She felt guilty talking about it.
11. What did Lou Ann have to learn to do for herself?
(a) Get rid of her feelings of suffocation.
(b) Speak out.
(c) Voice her opinions.
(d) Get rid of her guilt.
12. What did Lou Ann get rid of by spewing her emotions?
(d) Feeling of rejection.
13. What physical education course did Lou Ann take at college?
14. What topic did Lou Ann choose for her senior honors thesis at college?
(b) Shakespeare's style.
(c) Confessional Novel.
15. What noise did Uncle Garnel make when signing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Uncle Garnel's wife?
2. What was the name of the magazine that Lou Ann was trying to start up?
3. Who did Lou Ann feel sorry for in regards to her parents deafness?
4. Why did Lou Ann always wear that color on Christmas?
5. What floor did Lou Ann drop her uncle and aunt off on when they came to visit her at college?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)