|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week did Lou Ann's dad get paid on?
2. What did Lou Ann go to college for?
(a) To become a writer.
(b) To become a sign language teacher.
(c) To become a lawyer.
(d) To become a doctor.
3. Who was Lou Ann's roommate at college?
4. Who did Lou Ann feel sorry for in regards to her parents deafness?
(a) Her sisters.
(c) Their parents.
5. What topic did Lou Ann choose for her senior honors thesis at college?
(b) Confessional Novel.
(d) Shakespeare's style.
6. What floor did Lou Ann drop her uncle and aunt off on when they came to visit her at college?
(a) 5th .
7. Who was Lou Ann trying to write an article for?
(b) New Yorker.
8. Who did Lou Ann spend two weeks every summer as a child?
(a) With her paternal grandparents.
(b) With her Uncle Garnel and Aunt Imogene.
(c) With her Uncle Bill and Aunt Margaret.
(d) With her maternal grandparents.
9. How old was the kid that Lou Ann interpreted for in court?
10. What gang was the deaf gang an undergrowth of?
(a) Evil Homicides.
(b) Nasty Homicides.
(c) Mean Homicides.
(d) Crazy Homicides.
11. What was Lou Ann's second job while working at the magazine?
(d) Teaching sign language and interpreting.
12. Where was the person that told Lou Ann about the deaf street gang from?
13. Why didn't children of deaf parents talk about their experiences?
(a) They felt embarrased.
(b) They didn't want to be viewed as freaks.
(c) They felt sad and frustrated.
(d) They felt that to do so would betray their parents.
14. Where did most of the people in Lou Ann's neighborhood work?
(c) Food industry.
(d) Auto industry.
15. Who was Lou Ann's roommate in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lou Ann's father agree to apply to the fraternal order?
2. What color did Lou Ann always wear on Christmas as a child?
3. Why was Lou Ann's father not accepted into the fraternal order?
4. Whose children in her neighborhood did Lou Ann babysit for when she was a teenager?
5. What did Lou Ann's family expect her to be?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)