|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she finished high school?
2. What book did Lou Ann's maternal grandma read about deafness?
(a) ASL Handbook.
(b) The History of Special Education.
(c) Helen Keller's autobiography.
(d) Pyschological Development of Deaf Children.
3. What was the first book that Lou Ann tried to read off her college reading list?
(a) The Awakening.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
4. How did Lou Ann's father break his nose?
(a) High school football.
(b) High school basketball.
(c) High school wrestling.
(d) High school track.
5. What was Lou Ann's nosy neighbor's dog's name?
6. What did Lou Ann call deafness?
(a) An invisible handicap.
(c) A torture to those who suffered from it.
(d) A difficult thing to understand.
7. Where did some psychologists believe most of a person's personality was developed?
(a) Within 1 year of birth.
(b) In utero.
(c) At conception.
(d) At birth.
8. What type of thinking was Lou Ann looking forward to breaking away from at college?
(d) Small town.
9. What was Lou Ann's paternal grandfather's name?
(a) Harold Trueman.
(b) Harrison Trueman.
(c) Harvey Trueman.
(d) Harnell Trueman.
10. What was Lou Ann's mom wearing when she went to school?
(a) White checked pinafore.
(b) Pink checked pinafore.
(c) Brown checked pinafore.
(d) Blue checked pinafore.
11. What was the first college Lou Ann attended?
(a) Brown Mackie College.
(b) Strayer University.
(c) Capella University.
(d) Ball University.
12. What advantage did Lou Ann's parents have that most new parents didn't?
(a) They had more devices to assist them with her care.
(b) She was a very easy baby.
(c) They couldn't hear her cry.
(d) They had more family to help them.
13. What did Lou Ann's paternal grandmother believe was the cause of her oldest son's deafness?
(a) No oxygen for a few minutes after birth.
(b) A bad fall when he was a child.
(c) Genetic issues.
(d) High fever when he was young.
14. What was the main thing that made Lou Ann different than her parents?
(a) She was shy.
(b) She was more highly educated.
(c) She was outgoing.
(d) She wasn't deaf.
15. What business did Lou Ann's paternal grandfather run?
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Hardware store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Lou Ann's mom stay at the school?
2. How did Lou Ann's dad feel about Lou Ann attending her new school?
3. What did Lou Ann's youngest sister think of Lou Ann?
4. How long did the trip to Lou Ann's new school take?
5. What was Lou Ann's maternal grandfather's name?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)