|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Grandma Nellie's main job in her husband's business?
(a) Writing articles.
(b) Stocking shelves.
(c) Assisting customers.
(d) Washing bloody laundry.
2. What was Lou Ann's nosy neighbor's dog's name?
3. Why was the name chosen as Lou Ann's father's middle name?
(a) It was his maternal grandmother's name.
(b) It was his father's middle name.
(c) It was his paternal grandfather's name.
(d) It was his mother's maiden name.
4. What book did Lou Ann's maternal grandma read about deafness?
(a) Helen Keller's autobiography.
(b) The History of Special Education.
(c) ASL Handbook.
(d) Pyschological Development of Deaf Children.
5. What skill did Lou Ann's middle sister say that Lou Ann's youngest sister had?
(b) The ability to always be happy.
(d) Common sense.
6. How long did the trip to Lou Ann's new school take?
(a) 16 hours.
(b) 19 hours.
(c) 18 hours.
(d) 17 hours.
7. What college did Lou Ann transfer to in 1973?
8. How did Lou Ann feel when attention was on her?
9. What was Lou Ann going to school for?
(a) To learn sign language.
(b) To become a lawyer for the deaf.
(d) Teacher for the deaf.
10. Why did it take awhile for Lou Ann's paternal grandparents to realize her father was deaf?
(a) He gave mixed signals.
(b) He responded when she talked to him.
(c) He acted like a normal baby.
(d) He could talk.
11. Where was Lou Ann's mom's childhood doctor located?
(a) Muncie, Indiana
(b) Greencastle, Indiana.
(c) Bloomfield, Indiana.
(d) Akron, Indiana.
12. What did Lou Ann swallow when she was 2?
(a) Bobby pin.
(c) Hair tie.
(d) Safety pin.
13. How many of Lou Ann's paternal grandparent's children were deaf?
14. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she became deaf?
(a) 14 months.
(b) 13 months.
(c) 16 months.
(d) 15 months.
15. How many years did Lou Ann's mom stay at the school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What state had Lou Ann not been east of before going to college?
2. What was the name of the doctor that delivered Lou Ann?
3. How many weekends per semester did Lou Ann's maternal grandparents go to visit their daughter?
4. What action made Lou Ann's mom very upset?
5. Where was Lou Ann's first college located?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)