|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main thing that made Lou Ann different than her parents?
(a) She was outgoing.
(b) She was shy.
(c) She was more highly educated.
(d) She wasn't deaf.
2. What was Lou Ann's paternal grandfather's name?
(a) Harrison Trueman.
(b) Harnell Trueman.
(c) Harvey Trueman.
(d) Harold Trueman.
3. How many weekends per semester did Lou Ann's maternal grandparents go to visit their daughter?
4. What action made Lou Ann's mom very upset?
(a) People judging her.
(b) People looking down on her.
(c) People calling her names.
(d) People staring at her.
5. What role did Lou Ann play for her parents?
6. Why couldn't Lou Ann's mom sing to her?
(a) She didn't like to sing.
(b) She didn't know the words to any songs.
(c) She was deaf.
(d) She lost her voice.
7. What was the name of the doctor that delivered Lou Ann?
(a) Dr. Douglas.
(b) Dr. Wehr.
(c) Dr. Paulson.
(d) Dr. Jones.
8. On what street was the church that Lou Ann's parents were married in?
9. What was of great value outside of Lou Ann's home but little value in her home?
(b) Speaking and hearing.
10. What did Lou Ann's youngest sister think of Lou Ann?
(a) That she was very responsible.
(b) That she was too serious.
(c) That she was the best older sister.
(d) That she was a good friend.
11. In what year did the depression hit Montpelier, Indiana?
12. What was the name of the person that interpreted at Lou Ann's parents wedding?
(a) Miss Stevens.
(b) Miss Jones.
(c) Miss Adams.
(d) Miss Christian.
13. How did Lou Ann's family view her new school?
(a) Too far away from them.
(b) With excitement.
(d) High brow and snotty.
14. What did Lou Ann have the most of as a child?
(a) Closeness with the other adults in her family.
(b) Closeness with her parents.
(d) Contact with the world.
15. How did Lou Ann's maternal grandparents feel about sending their daughter to the school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lou Ann get for Christmas at the start of the book?
2. What college did Lou Ann transfer to in 1973?
3. Who helped Lou Ann's parents choose her name?
4. What was Lou Ann's father's first nickname?
5. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she was sent to the school for the deaf?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)