|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business did Lou Ann's paternal grandfather run?
(b) Grocery store.
(d) Hardware store.
2. What was the name of the doctor that delivered Lou Ann?
(a) Dr. Douglas.
(b) Dr. Jones.
(c) Dr. Paulson.
(d) Dr. Wehr.
3. What was the only think that could wake Lou Ann up when she was sleeping?
(c) Doors slamming.
(d) A loud crash.
4. What did Lou Ann get for Christmas at the start of the book?
(a) Barbie doll.
(b) American Girl doll.
(c) Baby doll.
(d) Ballerina doll.
5. What disease caused Lou Ann's mom to become deaf?
(b) A high fever.
(c) The flu.
(d) Spinal Meningitis.
6. How many doses of meningitis medicine did Lou Ann's mom receive?
7. What type of thinking was Lou Ann looking forward to breaking away from at college?
(c) Small town.
8. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she was sent to the school for the deaf?
9. What was crucial to Lou Ann's parents?
(b) Flying under the radar.
(d) Opinions of others.
10. What advantage did Lou Ann's parents have that most new parents didn't?
(a) She was a very easy baby.
(b) They couldn't hear her cry.
(c) They had more family to help them.
(d) They had more devices to assist them with her care.
11. What car did Lou Ann's parents drive away in after their wedding?
(a) 1951 Chevy.
(b) 1950 Chevy.
(c) 1952 Chevy.
(d) 1949 Chevy.
12. What did Lou Ann swallow when she was 2?
(a) Safety pin.
(b) Bobby pin.
(c) Hair tie.
13. What was Lou Ann's paternal grandmother's name?
(a) Nina May.
(b) Nellie May.
(c) Naomi May.
(d) Nancy May.
14. Who helped Lou Ann's parents choose her name?
(a) Peggy Sue.
(b) Grandma Wells.
(c) Grandma Walker.
(d) Their friends.
15. How many years had Lou Ann's paternal grandfather's business been open in 1927?
(a) 17 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 18 years.
(d) 16 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she became deaf?
2. What was Lou Ann going to school for?
3. What symbol did the doctor use to tell Lou Ann's mom that she had a girl?
4. What color hair did Lou Ann have as a baby?
5. What did Lou Ann think her parents were pretending to be when she was 8?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)