|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lou Ann get for Christmas at the start of the book?
(a) Baby doll.
(b) Barbie doll.
(c) Ballerina doll.
(d) American Girl doll.
2. Where did Lou Ann's father live when he became deaf?
(a) Akron, Indiana.
(b) Muncie, Indiana.
(c) Montpelier, Indiana.
(d) Greencastle, Indiana,
3. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she finished high school?
4. What did Lou Ann call deafness?
(a) A torture to those who suffered from it.
(b) A difficult thing to understand.
(d) An invisible handicap.
5. What was the main thing that made Lou Ann different than her parents?
(a) She was more highly educated.
(b) She wasn't deaf.
(c) She was outgoing.
(d) She was shy.
6. Why couldn't Lou Ann's mom sing to her?
(a) She was deaf.
(b) She didn't know the words to any songs.
(c) She lost her voice.
(d) She didn't like to sing.
7. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she was sent to the school for the deaf?
8. What symbol did the doctor use to tell Lou Ann's mom that she had a girl?
(a) Showed Lou Ann to her.
(b) Pink blanket.
(d) Pink baby booties.
9. How many years did Lou Ann's mom stay at the school?
10. What was Lou Ann going to school for?
(a) To become a lawyer for the deaf.
(b) Teacher for the deaf.
(c) To learn sign language.
11. How did Lou Ann's maternal grandparents feel about sending their daughter to the school?
12. What book did Lou Ann's maternal grandma read about deafness?
(a) ASL Handbook.
(b) The History of Special Education.
(c) Helen Keller's autobiography.
(d) Pyschological Development of Deaf Children.
13. How did Lou Ann's mom feel when she saw her belongings being packed to go to school?
14. How did Lou Ann's mom feel about her writing the book?
(a) She was nervous about the result.
(b) She was dead set against it.
(c) She looked forward to reading it.
(d) She thought it was a good idea.
15. When did Lou Ann's dad propose?
(a) March 1951.
(b) May 1952.
(c) May 1951.
(d) March 1952.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flowers did a visitor to Lou Ann's maternal grandmothers home believe had caused Lou Ann's mom to become sick?
2. Who helped Lou Ann's parents choose her name?
3. What was Grandma Nellie's trademark greeting?
4. How many doses of meningitis medicine did Lou Ann's mom receive?
5. What was the name of the person that interpreted at Lou Ann's parents wedding?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)