|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state had Lou Ann not been east of before going to college?
2. What was of great value outside of Lou Ann's home but little value in her home?
(d) Speaking and hearing.
3. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she was sent to the school for the deaf?
4. How far did Lou Ann's dad have to drive to see her mom?
(a) 3 1/2 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 2 ½ hours.
(d) 4 hours.
5. What did Lou Ann have the most of as a child?
(a) Closeness with her parents.
(c) Closeness with the other adults in her family.
(d) Contact with the world.
6. Why did it take awhile for Lou Ann's paternal grandparents to realize her father was deaf?
(a) He could talk.
(b) He gave mixed signals.
(c) He acted like a normal baby.
(d) He responded when she talked to him.
7. What was Lou Ann's paternal grandfather's name?
(a) Harvey Trueman.
(b) Harnell Trueman.
(c) Harrison Trueman.
(d) Harold Trueman.
8. What did Lou Ann swallow when she was 2?
(b) Bobby pin.
(c) Safety pin.
(d) Hair tie.
9. How did Lou Ann's dad feel about Lou Ann attending her new school?
(a) Nervous for her
(b) Happy for her.
(c) Worried for her.
(d) Proud of her.
10. How old was Lou Ann's father when he became deaf?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 months.
11. How many of Lou Ann's paternal grandparent's children were deaf?
12. How long did Lou Ann's parents engagement last?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 7 months.
(d) 4 months.
13. What test did the doctor use to determine if Lou Ann was deaf?
(a) Played loud music to see if she would react.
(b) Used a machine designed to test ability to hear.
(c) Clapped his hands by her ears.
(d) Had an audioligist run tests.
14. What church were Lou Ann's parents married in?
15. What was the first book that Lou Ann tried to read off her college reading list?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) The Awakening.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lou Ann's father break his nose?
2. What was the first college Lou Ann attended?
3. What flowers did a visitor to Lou Ann's maternal grandmothers home believe had caused Lou Ann's mom to become sick?
4. Where was Lou Ann's first college located?
5. In what state was Lou Ann raised?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)