|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did Lou Ann's dad have to drive to see her mom?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 3 1/2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 2 ½ hours.
2. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she became deaf?
(a) 16 months.
(b) 15 months.
(c) 13 months.
(d) 14 months.
3. How old was Lou Ann at the start of the book?
4. What was the name of Lou Ann's nosy neighbor?
(a) Mr. Anderson.
(b) Mr. Stevens.
(c) Mr. Hessel.
(d) Mr. Jones.
5. What did Lou Ann get for Christmas at the start of the book?
(a) Baby doll.
(b) Barbie doll.
(c) American Girl doll.
(d) Ballerina doll.
6. How many years had Lou Ann's paternal grandfather's business been open in 1927?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 18 years.
(c) 17 years.
(d) 16 years.
7. How many of Lou Ann's paternal grandparent's children were deaf?
8. How old was Lou Ann's father when he became deaf?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 4 months.
9. What was Lou Ann's maternal grandfather's name?
10. What flowers did a visitor to Lou Ann's maternal grandmothers home believe had caused Lou Ann's mom to become sick?
(a) Butterfly Milkweed.
(b) Shooting Star.
(c) Snow on the Mountain.
(d) Pale Purple Coneflower.
11. How long did Lou Ann's parents engagement last?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 6 months.
12. What was Lou Ann scared of at college?
(a) Not fitting in.
(b) Not understanding the assignments.
(c) Being a small fish in a big pond.
(d) Not being well prepared.
13. On what street was the church that Lou Ann's parents were married in?
14. How did Lou Ann's dad feel about Lou Ann attending her new school?
(a) Proud of her.
(b) Worried for her.
(c) Nervous for her
(d) Happy for her.
15. What was the first book that Lou Ann tried to read off her college reading list?
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) The Awakening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did researchers believe was the first sense that a fetus gained?
2. What was Lou Ann going to school for?
3. What was Grandma Nellie's main job in her husband's business?
4. What was Lou Ann's father's first nickname?
5. What action made Lou Ann's mom very upset?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)