|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lou Ann call deafness?
(a) A torture to those who suffered from it.
(b) A difficult thing to understand.
(d) An invisible handicap.
2. How many children did Lou Ann's paternal grandparents have?
3. What was Grandma Nellie's main job in her husband's business?
(a) Stocking shelves.
(b) Writing articles.
(c) Washing bloody laundry.
(d) Assisting customers.
4. Where did Lou Ann's father live when he became deaf?
(a) Akron, Indiana.
(b) Montpelier, Indiana.
(c) Greencastle, Indiana,
(d) Muncie, Indiana.
5. When did Lou Ann's dad propose?
(a) March 1951.
(b) May 1952.
(c) May 1951.
(d) March 1952.
6. Who was Lou Ann's dad on a date with when he met her mom?
7. What color hair did Lou Ann have as a baby?
8. What church were Lou Ann's parents married in?
9. What test did the doctor use to determine if Lou Ann was deaf?
(a) Had an audioligist run tests.
(b) Clapped his hands by her ears.
(c) Used a machine designed to test ability to hear.
(d) Played loud music to see if she would react.
10. What was crucial to Lou Ann's parents?
(c) Opinions of others.
(d) Flying under the radar.
11. What action made Lou Ann's mom very upset?
(a) People looking down on her.
(b) People judging her.
(c) People staring at her.
(d) People calling her names.
12. How old was Lou Ann's father when he became deaf?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 5 months.
13. What state had Lou Ann not been east of before going to college?
14. Where was Lou Ann's parents wedding held?
15. What advantage did Lou Ann's parents have that most new parents didn't?
(a) They couldn't hear her cry.
(b) She was a very easy baby.
(c) They had more devices to assist them with her care.
(d) They had more family to help them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first book that Lou Ann tried to read off her college reading list?
2. Where was Lou Ann's mom's childhood doctor located?
3. How far was the school from Lou Ann's mom's home?
4. What did Lou Ann think her parents were when she was 8?
5. In what year did Lou Ann's parents meet?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)