|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Lou Ann's nosy neighbor?
(a) Mr. Anderson.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Stevens.
(d) Mr. Hessel.
2. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she was sent to the school for the deaf?
3. What was Grandma Nellie's main job in her husband's business?
(a) Assisting customers.
(b) Washing bloody laundry.
(c) Stocking shelves.
(d) Writing articles.
4. How did Lou Ann's mom feel about her writing the book?
(a) She thought it was a good idea.
(b) She was nervous about the result.
(c) She was dead set against it.
(d) She looked forward to reading it.
5. What did Lou Ann get for Christmas at the start of the book?
(a) American Girl doll.
(b) Ballerina doll.
(c) Barbie doll.
(d) Baby doll.
6. What was the name of the doctor that delivered Lou Ann?
(a) Dr. Douglas.
(b) Dr. Jones.
(c) Dr. Wehr.
(d) Dr. Paulson.
7. What was crucial to Lou Ann's parents?
(b) Flying under the radar.
(d) Opinions of others.
8. What color hair did Lou Ann have as a baby?
9. How many children did Lou Ann's paternal grandparents have?
10. Where did Lou Ann's father live when he became deaf?
(a) Akron, Indiana.
(b) Montpelier, Indiana.
(c) Muncie, Indiana.
(d) Greencastle, Indiana,
11. How many years had Lou Ann's paternal grandfather's business been open in 1927?
(a) 16 years.
(b) 18 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 17 years.
12. Where was Lou Ann's parents wedding held?
13. What was the only think that could wake Lou Ann up when she was sleeping?
(a) Doors slamming.
(d) A loud crash.
14. Why couldn't Lou Ann's mom sing to her?
(a) She didn't like to sing.
(b) She lost her voice.
(c) She was deaf.
(d) She didn't know the words to any songs.
15. How long did Lou Ann's parents engagement last?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 7 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What test did the doctor use to determine if Lou Ann was deaf?
2. What was the first book that Lou Ann tried to read off her college reading list?
3. In what year did Lou Ann's parents meet?
4. What did Lou Ann say she was before she was a child?
5. How many years did Lou Ann's mom stay at the school?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)