|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Lou Ann's nosy neighbor?
(a) Mr. Anderson.
(b) Mr. Stevens.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Hessel.
2. What was Lou Ann's paternal grandfather's name?
(a) Harrison Trueman.
(b) Harvey Trueman.
(c) Harold Trueman.
(d) Harnell Trueman.
3. What advantage did Lou Ann's parents have that most new parents didn't?
(a) She was a very easy baby.
(b) They had more devices to assist them with her care.
(c) They had more family to help them.
(d) They couldn't hear her cry.
4. What was the name of the person that interpreted at Lou Ann's parents wedding?
(a) Miss Stevens.
(b) Miss Adams.
(c) Miss Jones.
(d) Miss Christian.
5. Where was Lou Ann's mom's childhood doctor located?
(a) Akron, Indiana.
(b) Muncie, Indiana
(c) Bloomfield, Indiana.
(d) Greencastle, Indiana.
6. What did Lou Ann think her parents were when she was 8?
(c) Foreign people.
7. How many weekends per semester did Lou Ann's maternal grandparents go to visit their daughter?
8. What business did Lou Ann's paternal grandfather run?
(a) Grocery store.
(d) Hardware store.
9. How did Lou Ann feel when attention was on her?
10. What test did the doctor use to determine if Lou Ann was deaf?
(a) Had an audioligist run tests.
(b) Used a machine designed to test ability to hear.
(c) Clapped his hands by her ears.
(d) Played loud music to see if she would react.
11. What skill did Lou Ann's middle sister say that Lou Ann's youngest sister had?
(a) Common sense.
(d) The ability to always be happy.
12. What was Grandma Nellie's trademark greeting?
(a) Yoo hoo.
(b) Hi ya.
(d) Hey ya'll.
13. How old was Garnel when it was discovered that he was deaf?
14. What was Lou Ann scared of at college?
(a) Not being well prepared.
(b) Being a small fish in a big pond.
(c) Not fitting in.
(d) Not understanding the assignments.
15. How long did Lou Ann's parents engagement last?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 5 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lou Ann call deafness?
2. How many of Lou Ann's paternal grandparent's children were deaf?
3. What did Lou Ann's paternal grandmother believe was the cause of her oldest son's deafness?
4. What did Lou Ann have the most of as a child?
5. What was Lou Ann's mom wearing when she went to school?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)