|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lou Ann scared of at college?
(a) Not fitting in.
(b) Not understanding the assignments.
(c) Not being well prepared.
(d) Being a small fish in a big pond.
2. Where did Lou Ann's father live when he became deaf?
(a) Akron, Indiana.
(b) Greencastle, Indiana,
(c) Montpelier, Indiana.
(d) Muncie, Indiana.
3. Who helped Lou Ann's parents choose her name?
(a) Grandma Walker.
(b) Peggy Sue.
(c) Grandma Wells.
(d) Their friends.
4. How did Lou Ann feel when attention was on her?
5. What was the first college Lou Ann attended?
(a) Strayer University.
(b) Brown Mackie College.
(c) Ball University.
(d) Capella University.
6. How many years did Lou Ann's mom stay at the school?
7. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she finished high school?
8. How far did Lou Ann's dad have to drive to see her mom?
(a) 3 1/2 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 2 ½ hours.
(d) 3 hours.
9. Why was the name chosen as Lou Ann's father's middle name?
(a) It was his father's middle name.
(b) It was his maternal grandmother's name.
(c) It was his paternal grandfather's name.
(d) It was his mother's maiden name.
10. What was Lou Ann's father's middle name?
11. What advantage did Lou Ann's parents have that most new parents didn't?
(a) She was a very easy baby.
(b) They had more devices to assist them with her care.
(c) They couldn't hear her cry.
(d) They had more family to help them.
12. How did Lou Ann's mom feel about her writing the book?
(a) She thought it was a good idea.
(b) She looked forward to reading it.
(c) She was nervous about the result.
(d) She was dead set against it.
13. What flowers did a visitor to Lou Ann's maternal grandmothers home believe had caused Lou Ann's mom to become sick?
(a) Shooting Star.
(b) Butterfly Milkweed.
(c) Snow on the Mountain.
(d) Pale Purple Coneflower.
14. What did Lou Ann's paternal grandmother believe was the cause of her oldest son's deafness?
(a) A bad fall when he was a child.
(b) Genetic issues.
(c) No oxygen for a few minutes after birth.
(d) High fever when he was young.
15. How old was Lou Ann at the start of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many doses of meningitis medicine did Lou Ann's mom receive?
2. How did Lou Ann's dad feel about Lou Ann attending her new school?
3. How did Lou Ann's maternal grandparents feel about sending their daughter to the school?
4. What was Lou Ann's nosy neighbor's dog's name?
5. What was Lou Ann's mom wearing when she went to school?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)