|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lou Ann's paternal grandmother's name?
(a) Nancy May.
(b) Naomi May.
(c) Nellie May.
(d) Nina May.
2. What role did Lou Ann play for her parents?
3. What was Lou Ann scared of at college?
(a) Being a small fish in a big pond.
(b) Not fitting in.
(c) Not understanding the assignments.
(d) Not being well prepared.
4. What was the name of Lou Ann's nosy neighbor?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Stevens.
(c) Mr. Anderson.
(d) Mr. Hessel.
5. How did Lou Ann's maternal grandparents feel about sending their daughter to the school?
6. What color hair did Lou Ann have as a baby?
7. Where did Lou Ann's father live when he became deaf?
(a) Greencastle, Indiana,
(b) Akron, Indiana.
(c) Muncie, Indiana.
(d) Montpelier, Indiana.
8. What book did Lou Ann's maternal grandma read about deafness?
(a) ASL Handbook.
(b) The History of Special Education.
(c) Helen Keller's autobiography.
(d) Pyschological Development of Deaf Children.
9. Why did it take awhile for Lou Ann's paternal grandparents to realize her father was deaf?
(a) He acted like a normal baby.
(b) He could talk.
(c) He gave mixed signals.
(d) He responded when she talked to him.
10. How did Lou Ann's mom feel about her writing the book?
(a) She looked forward to reading it.
(b) She was dead set against it.
(c) She thought it was a good idea.
(d) She was nervous about the result.
11. What was the only think that could wake Lou Ann up when she was sleeping?
(a) Doors slamming.
(d) A loud crash.
12. What was the first college Lou Ann attended?
(a) Strayer University.
(b) Capella University.
(c) Brown Mackie College.
(d) Ball University.
13. Where did Lou Ann's dad propose?
(a) AAA Championship Cup.
(b) Vanderbilt Cup.
(c) USAC NAtional Championship.
(d) Indianapolis 500.
14. What advantage did Lou Ann's parents have that most new parents didn't?
(a) They had more family to help them.
(b) They had more devices to assist them with her care.
(c) She was a very easy baby.
(d) They couldn't hear her cry.
15. What was Lou Ann going to school for?
(b) To become a lawyer for the deaf.
(c) To learn sign language.
(d) Teacher for the deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of thinking was Lou Ann looking forward to breaking away from at college?
2. What was Lou Ann's paternal grandfather's name?
3. What disease caused Lou Ann's mom to become deaf?
4. What did Lou Ann's paternal grandmother believe was the cause of her oldest son's deafness?
5. What test did the doctor use to determine if Lou Ann was deaf?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)