|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lou Ann's mom when she was sent to the school for the deaf?
2. What skill did Lou Ann's middle sister say that Lou Ann's youngest sister had?
(a) Common sense.
(d) The ability to always be happy.
3. What did Lou Ann's youngest sister think of Lou Ann?
(a) That she was the best older sister.
(b) That she was too serious.
(c) That she was a good friend.
(d) That she was very responsible.
4. What was of great value outside of Lou Ann's home but little value in her home?
(c) Speaking and hearing.
5. How many weekends per semester did Lou Ann's maternal grandparents go to visit their daughter?
6. What was the first book that Lou Ann tried to read off her college reading list?
(b) The Awakening.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
7. What type of thinking was Lou Ann looking forward to breaking away from at college?
(c) Small town.
8. Where did Lou Ann's father live when he became deaf?
(a) Muncie, Indiana.
(b) Montpelier, Indiana.
(c) Akron, Indiana.
(d) Greencastle, Indiana,
9. How long did the trip to Lou Ann's new school take?
(a) 17 hours.
(b) 16 hours.
(c) 19 hours.
(d) 18 hours.
10. In what year did Lou Ann's parents meet?
11. What was Lou Ann's nosy neighbor's dog's name?
12. What was Grandma Nellie's main job in her husband's business?
(a) Stocking shelves.
(b) Washing bloody laundry.
(c) Assisting customers.
(d) Writing articles.
13. What was Grandma Nellie's trademark greeting?
(b) Yoo hoo.
(c) Hi ya.
(d) Hey ya'll.
14. What did Lou Ann's paternal grandmother believe was the cause of her oldest son's deafness?
(a) Genetic issues.
(b) High fever when he was young.
(c) A bad fall when he was a child.
(d) No oxygen for a few minutes after birth.
15. What was Lou Ann going to school for?
(a) To learn sign language.
(b) Teacher for the deaf.
(d) To become a lawyer for the deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was the school from Lou Ann's mom's home?
2. What was Lou Ann's mom wearing when her dad proposed?
3. What was Lou Ann's maternal grandfather's name?
4. What book did Lou Ann's maternal grandma read about deafness?
5. What was Lou Ann's mom's sister's name?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)