|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, when did Saroo move into a residence hall?
2. In Chapter 8, when did Saroo meet Lisa?
3. What poster of a rock band did Saroo have on the wall of his bedroom in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 8, why did Saroo move back to his parents' home?
5. In Chapter 11, how many people were in India?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, why did Saroo not try to find his father?
2. In Chapter 9, how did Saroo find Burhanpur?
3. In Chapter 9 when Saroo found Khandwa, what familiar landmarks did he see?
4. In Chapter 7, why did Saroo move to Canberra?
5. How did Saroo get obsessed with his search in Chapter 8?
6. What job did Saroo take at the end of Chapter 7?
7. What information did Saroo find out about trains to determine what area to search for his hometown in Chapter 8?
8. In Chapter 10, how did Saroo find his mother?
9. In Chapter 12, who was Rochak, and how did he help Saroo?
10. In Chapter 7, what did Saroo do after his parents issued an ultimatum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A Long Way Home is about the author’s life and search to find his birth family. Why did the author write about his life and search to find his birth family? What did he hope others would gain from the book?
Essay Topic 2
The author had a relatively easy time adjusting to life in Australia. How did the author and Mantosh adapt differently to their new lives? Why did they assimilate differently to their new lives?
Essay Topic 3
The author could have died on the streets of Calcutta. How did Saroo survive, and what did his survival have to do with salvation?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)