|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what festival was ending when Saroo arrived in India for a second time?
2. In Chapter 9, what was the date?
3. In Chapter 10, what was the name of the woman who helped translate for Saroo and his birth mother?
4. In Chapter 11, where was Shekila living?
5. In Chapter 10, what animals did Saroo see scavenging on side streets?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what jobs did Shekila and Kallu have, and why were they able to have those jobs?
2. in Chapter 10, how did Saroo describe the place where his family once lived?
3. In Chapter 12, what assurance did Saroo's mother have that he was not dead?
4. In Chapter 7, why did Saroo move to Canberra?
5. In Chapter 10, how did Saroo find his mother?
6. In Chapter 11, how had Kallu been affected by Guddu's death and Saroo's disappearance?
7. In Chapter 12, why did Saroo have to hire a manager?
8. In Chapter 10, what things did Saroo see as he drove from the airport to his hotel?
9. How did Saroo get obsessed with his search in Chapter 8?
10. In Chapter 12, who was Rochak, and how did he help Saroo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Brierlys had a worldview that led them to adopt, rather than give birth to children. What worldview did the Brierlys subscribe to that led them not to give birth to children? How did that worldview lead them to adopt?
Essay Topic 2
The author’s growing up years were similar to most young people growing up in Australia. How were Saroo’s growing up years like other Australian children? In what ways did he lose his Indian identity and become westernized?
Essay Topic 3
The author could have died on the streets of Calcutta. How did Saroo survive, and what did his survival have to do with salvation?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)