|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what fruit would Saroo try to shoot down to eat?
2. In the Prologue, what color was the young woman wearing that Saroo spoke to?
3. In Chapter 1, what birthdate was on Saroo's official documents?
4. In Chapter 1, what map was on the wall of Saroo's bedroom?
5. In Chapter 2, how old was Saroo when he was circumcised?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why did a teenage boy take Saroo to a police station?
2. In Chapter 2, what did Saroo remember about his baby sister?
3. In Chapter 1, who did Saroo's new parents know who helped Saroo adjust to his new home?
4. In Chapter 5, why did the Brierlys cancel a trip to India?
5. In Chapter 1, how easily did Saroo transition to life in a new country and culture?
6. At the end of Chapter 3, who was kind to Saroo, and why did Saroo run from him and people the man knew?
7. In Chapter 6, what happened to Sue Brierly's father?
8. In Chapter 5, how did Saroo interact with his new parents at the airport in Melbourne?
9. What was the Liluah Juvenile detention center like that Saroo was taken to in Chapter 4?
10. In Chapter 3, what did Saroo find by the river?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author was concerned about returning to India. What did the author fear might happen when he returned to India? How were his expectations intertwined with his fears? How did his expectations almost derail his return?
Essay Topic 2
The author stated that he had two families. In what way did the author say that he was still the same person as he was before he went to India? What did finding his birth family change? Why did it not change the author?
Essay Topic 3
The Brierlys had a worldview that led them to adopt, rather than give birth to children. What worldview did the Brierlys subscribe to that led them not to give birth to children? How did that worldview lead them to adopt?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)