|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how far was it from where Shekila was living to Khandwa?
(a) 1 1/2 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 2 1/2 hours.
2. In Chapter 8, why did Saroo move back to his parents' home?
(a) They asked him to.
(b) He was tired of his own cooking.
(c) He wanted to save money.
(d) He broke up with his girlfriend.
3. In Chapter 12, what was the first newspaper that contacted Saroo shortly after he returned from India?
(a) The Times.
(b) The Mercury.
(c) The Banner.
(d) The Times-Call.
4. In Chapter 10, how long was the trip from Indore to Khandwa?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 1 1/2 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 2 1/2 hours.
5. In Chapter 9, what was the most distinct landmark that Saroo remembered from his hometown?
(a) A park under an overpass.
(b) Pedestrian overpass.
(d) A Hindu temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, when did Saroo discover that a rail connection was established between Bangladesh and India?
2. In Chapter 10, what was Saroo's birth mother doing for a living?
3. In Chapter 10, how old was Guddu when he died?
4. In Chapter 10, what was the name of the woman who helped translate for Saroo and his birth mother?
5. In Chapter 9, how long after Saroo identified his hometown did he fly to India?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how did Saroo find Burhanpur?
2. In Chapter 12, who was Rochak, and how did he help Saroo?
3. In Chapter 12, why did Saroo have to hire a manager?
4. In Chapter 7, why did Saroo move to Canberra?
5. In Chapter 10, how did Saroo find his mother?
6. In Chapter 9, what was the fountain like that Saroo remembered from his hometown?
7. In Chapter 12, what assurance did Saroo's mother have that he was not dead?
8. In Chapter 10, how did Saroo's mother know that he was her son?
9. What information did Saroo find out about trains to determine what area to search for his hometown in Chapter 8?
10. In Chapter 7, what ultimatum did Saroo's parents give him and why?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)