|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how long after Saroo arrived in Australia did he begin school?
(a) 8 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) About a month.
(d) About 5 weeks.
2. In Chapter 1, where was Saroo found when he was separated from his family?
(b) New Delhi.
3. In Chapter 1, what was Saroo's native language?
4. In Chapter 2, what was the only thing that Saroo remembered his father giving them?
(c) Rubber flip-flops.
5. In Chapter 1, what film did Saroo's parents take him to that made him cry?
(a) The Burning Train.
(d) Salaam Bombay!
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, where did a teenager take Saroo to get help?
2. In Chapter 3, where did Saroo learn that there were more possibilities for food in Calcutta?
3. In Chapter 1, what map was on the wall of Saroo's bedroom?
4. In Chapter 4 at the Liluah juvenile home, how many children would sleep in a bed?
5. In Chapter 1, where did Saroo grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Prologue, what conversation did Saroo have with a man near the place where his family lived?
2. In Chapter 1, how did Saroo's adoptive mother try to help Saroo feel at home with her and her husband?
3. In the Prologue, how does Saroo describe the place where his family used to live?
4. In Chapter 6, what vision did Sue have when she was 12?
5. In Chapter 3, what did Saroo find by the river?
6. In Chapter 6, what happened to Sue Brierly's father?
7. In Chapter 5, how did Saroo describe his new country?
8. In Chapter 3, what happened when Saroo almost drowned in the river?
9. In Chapter 1, how easily did Saroo transition to life in a new country and culture?
10. In Chapter 5, why did the Brierlys cancel a trip to India?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)