|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Sue Brierly born?
2. In Chapter 1, when did Saroo go to Australia to live?
3. In Chapter 5, what food did Saroo have when he met his new parents?
(b) Chocolate bar.
(c) Jelly beans.
4. In Chapter 1, where did Saroo and his Mum go to visit other kids who had been adopted from the same Calcutta orphanage?
5. In Chapter 3, who took Saroo to his home and fed him?
(a) Railway worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how many days a week did Saroo's mother work?
2. In Chapter 4, what were the names of the boys who had recently left the orphanage for Australia?
3. How old was the author in the Prologue?
4. In Chapter 1, where was Saroo born?
5. In Chapter 6, when were John and Sue Brierly married?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, where did Saroo travel to get to his new home?
2. In Chapter 5, what aspect of life in Australia immediately appealed to Saroo, and what did he do to enjoy that aspect of life?
3. In Chapter 5, how did Saroo describe his new country?
4. In Chapter 5, why did the Brierlys cancel a trip to India?
5. In Chapter 4, why did a teenage boy take Saroo to a police station?
6. In Chapter 5, how did Saroo interact with his new parents at the airport in Melbourne?
7. In the Prologue, what conversation did Saroo have with a man near the place where his family lived?
8. In Chapter 1, how did Saroo's adoptive mother try to help Saroo feel at home with her and her husband?
9. In Chapter 2, what did Saroo remember about his baby sister?
10. In Chapter 3, what happened when Saroo almost drowned in the river?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)