|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what did Saroo's new roommate, Byron, do for a living?
(d) Bus driver.
2. In Chapter 8, how long did Saroo think he had spent on the train that took him to Kolkata when he was a child?
(a) 12 to 15 hours.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) 18 hours.
(d) 20 to 22 hours.
3. In Chapter 9, what was the name of the railway station in the town Saroo thought might be his home?
4. In Chapter 10, what was Saroo's birth mother's name?
5. In Chapter 12, what was the first newspaper that contacted Saroo shortly after he returned from India?
(a) The Times.
(b) The Banner.
(c) The Times-Call.
(d) The Mercury.
6. In Chapter 8, what did Saroo notice in a small village that made him realize that was not the place he was looking for?
7. In Chapter 11, what did Kallu do for a living?
(a) Owned his own shop.
(d) Factory manager.
8. What instrument did Saroo play in high school in Chapter 7?
9. What poster of a rock band did Saroo have on the wall of his bedroom in Chapter 7?
(a) Red Hot Chili Peppers.
(c) The Smashing Pumpkins.
(d) Pearl Jam.
10. In Chapter 8, how fast did Saroo's friends think that Indian trains traveled?
(a) 60 or 65 kilometers an hour.
(b) 70 or 80 kilometers an hour.
(c) 50 kilometers an hour.
(d) 75 kilometers an hour.
11. In Chapter 12, what did Fatima see in her mind the day before Saroo came back when she was praying?
(a) Her children playing together when they were little.
(b) His image.
(c) Her three remaining children together.
(d) Gallu and Saroo walking home.
12. In Chapter 11, what did Saroo's family serve when he returned in Chapter 11?
13. In Chapter 8, what part of India had Saroo's Indian friends from college thought he might be from?
(d) West Bengal.
14. In Chapter 12, when Fatima would visit priests and religious leaders asking for help and guidance, where would they point that Saroo was?
15. In Chapter 9 when Saroo found his hometown, how long had it been since he dowloaded Google Earth?
(a) About 3 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) Nearly 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how old was Saroo when he would go to the pier to fool around and drink with friends?
2. In Chapter 12, what was the name of a woman who was offended when Saroo offered to pay her to translate?
3. In Chapter 9 when Saroo found his hometown, how long had he been on the computer nonstop?
4. In Chapter 9, who was the first person Saroo told about finding his hometown other than Lisa?
5. In Chapter 11, how did Saroo return to Khandwa?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)