|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how long was the trip from Indore to Khandwa?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 2 1/2 hours.
(c) 1 1/2 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
2. In Chapter 8, what did Saroo's new roommate, Byron, do for a living?
(c) Bus driver.
3. In Chapter 11, how old was Saroo's birth father when he married Saroo's birth mother?
4. In Chapter 9, what was the name of the railway station in the town Saroo thought might be his home?
5. In Chapter 12, what did Fatima see in her mind the day before Saroo came back when she was praying?
(a) Gallu and Saroo walking home.
(b) Her three remaining children together.
(c) His image.
(d) Her children playing together when they were little.
6. In Chapter 9, what was the date?
(a) March 11, 2011.
(b) April 9, 2011.
(c) April 24, 2011.
(d) March 31, 2011.
7. In Chapter 9, what was the population of Khandwa?
(a) 176,000 people.
(b) 213,000 people.
(c) About 200,000 people.
(d) Less than a 250,000 people.
8. In Chapter 8, how fast did Saroo's friends think that Indian trains traveled?
(a) 60 or 65 kilometers an hour.
(b) 70 or 80 kilometers an hour.
(c) 50 kilometers an hour.
(d) 75 kilometers an hour.
9. In Chapter 11, on what day of Saroo's visit did the media arrive?
10. In Chapter 9, who went with Saroo to India?
(a) No one.
(c) His mom.
(d) His dad.
11. In Chapter 9, what was the most distinct landmark that Saroo remembered from his hometown?
(a) Pedestrian overpass.
(b) A park under an overpass.
(d) A Hindu temple.
12. In Chapter 10, what was the name of the woman who helped translate for Saroo and his birth mother?
13. In Chapter 9 when Saroo found his hometown, how long had he been on the computer nonstop?
(a) 7 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
14. In Chapter 9 when Saroo found his hometown, how long had it been since he dowloaded Google Earth?
(a) 6 years.
(b) About 3 years.
(c) Nearly 5 years.
(d) 4 years.
15. In Chapter 9, what was the statue in the middle of a fountain in Khandwa?
(b) Wise man.
(d) Young woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how long did Saroo say that a man on YouTube boasted that he could teach Hindi?
2. In Chapter 7, what did Saroo learn was the name of the river that he had lived by as a child?
3. In Chapter 8, what did Saroo notice in a small village that made him realize that was not the place he was looking for?
4. In Chapter 11, where was Shekila living?
5. In Chapter 12, how many people joined the Khandwa Facebook after publicity about Saroo surfaced?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)