|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what dish that his mother cooked in his childhood did Saroo remember?
(a) Lamb stew.
(b) Goat curry.
2. In Chapter 7, when did Saroo move into a residence hall?
3. In Chapter 9, what was the population of Khandwa?
(a) Less than a 250,000 people.
(b) 213,000 people.
(c) 176,000 people.
(d) About 200,000 people.
4. In Chapter 7, what did Saroo learn was the name of the river that he had lived by as a child?
(a) Hooghly River.
(b) Ganges River.
(c) Odisha River.
(d) Narmada River.
5. In Chapter 12, what did Fatima see in her mind the day before Saroo came back when she was praying?
(a) Gallu and Saroo walking home.
(b) His image.
(c) Her children playing together when they were little.
(d) Her three remaining children together.
6. In Chapter 9, who went with Saroo to India?
(b) His dad.
(c) His mom.
(d) No one.
7. In Chapter 11, where was Shekila living?
8. In Chapter 10, what was the name of the woman who helped translate for Saroo and his birth mother?
9. In Chapter 8, when did Saroo discover that a rail connection was established between Bangladesh and India?
(a) About 10 years ago.
(b) 11 years ago.
(c) 5 years ago.
(d) A few years before he was doing his search.
10. In Chapter 10, where did Saroo stay in Khandwa?
(a) Hotel Grand Barrack.
(b) Hotel SS Haveli.
(c) Royal Inn.
(d) Castle Inn.
11. In Chapter 7, what degree did Saroo get at technical college?
(a) Business management.
12. In Chapter 11, what did Kallu do for a living?
(a) Factory manager.
(c) Owned his own shop.
13. In Chapter 8, when did Saroo meet Lisa?
14. In Chapter 12, how many rupees did Fatima earn a month?
15. In Chapter 9, when Saroo found what he thought was his hometown, how long had it been since he was there?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 24 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 23 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, when Fatima would visit priests and religious leaders asking for help and guidance, where would they point that Saroo was?
2. In Chapter 9, what was the statue in the middle of a fountain in Khandwa?
3. In Chapter 12, what was the name of a woman who was offended when Saroo offered to pay her to translate?
4. In Chapter 9, what was the most distinct landmark that Saroo remembered from his hometown?
5. In Chapter 10, how much less did Saroo pay for the trip to Khandwa than a trip would have cost by taxi from the airport to his hotel?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)