|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, where were members of the Indian community in Hobart from?
(a) India, Niger, and Sudan.
(b) Botswana, Libya, and India.
(c) India, Kenya, and Ghana.
(d) Fiji, South Africa, and India.
2. In Chapter 6, how old was John Brierly when he met Sue?
3. In Chapter 6, where did Sue Brierly's mother flee from to Germany during the war?
4. In Chapter 2, what did Saroo remember he had for bedding in India?
(a) Old rags.
(b) Tattered blanket.
(c) Ragged sheets.
(d) Old coat.
5. In Chapter 4, what happened when Saroo did not follow a woman when she called him after doing their laundry?
(a) She yelled at him.
(b) She told him to never come back to her house.
(c) She spit at him.
(d) She threw a rock at him.
6. In Chapter 5, when did Saroo land in Melbourne?
(a) September 25, 1987.
(b) July 13, 1987.
(c) August 3, 1987.
(d) October 29, 1987.
7. In Chapter 2, what might the children be given to drink?
(b) Kokum sherbet.
8. In Chapter 2, what instrument would be played when Saroo and his family gathered in the courtyard during the hot months of the year?
9. In Chapter 4, how long was Saroo in Nava Jeevan when a family was found for him?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 8 weeks.
10. In Chapter 6, how much did Sue Brierly earn at her first job?
(a) $15 a week.
(b) $20 a week.
(c) $30 a week.
(d) $25 a week.
11. In Chapter 1, where was Saroo found when he was separated from his family?
(d) New Delhi.
12. In Chapter 1, where did Saroo and his Mum go to visit other kids who had been adopted from the same Calcutta orphanage?
13. In Chapter 6 in 1987, how many children in India under the age of ten died from illness or starvation?
(a) Around 14 million.
(d) About 10 million.
14. In Chapter 5, what food did Saroo have when he met his new parents?
(c) Chocolate bar.
(d) Jelly beans.
15. In Chapter 6, how old was Sue Brierly when she left school and got her first job?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how many days a week did Saroo's mother work?
2. In Chapter 1, how did Saroo remember getting food in India?
3. In Chapter 5, how many bedrooms did the Brierly's have in their home?
4. In Chapter 6, where did John Brierly's family emigrate from?
5. In Chapter 1, who did Saroo remember were in the family he lost?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)