|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4 at the Liluah juvenile home, how many children would sleep in a bed?
(a) 2 to 3.
(b) 3 to 4.
2. In Chapter 6, when were John and Sue Brierly married?
3. In Chapter 1, what birthdate was on Saroo's official documents?
(a) April 3, 1982.
(b) May 22, 1981.
(c) January 2, 1980.
(d) August 15, 1983.
4. How old was Saroo when he and his family had to visit his father's and his new wife's baby in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 2, how many days a week did Saroo's mother work?
6. In Chapter 4, what was the first food that Mrs. Sood got Saroo?
(a) Star fruit.
7. In Chapter 2, what did Saroo remember he had for bedding in India?
(a) Old rags.
(b) Old coat.
(c) Tattered blanket.
(d) Ragged sheets.
8. In Chapter 4, what were the names of the boys who had recently left the orphanage for Australia?
(a) Daya and Tash.
(b) Aga and Caru.
(c) Odan and Garg.
(d) Abdul and Musa.
9. In Chapter 4, what color was the book that Saroo's new parents created for him with photographs of them and their home?
10. In Chapter 3, who saved Saroo from drowning?
(a) An older boy.
(b) A holy man.
(c) An old man.
(d) An old woman.
11. In Chapter 5, what was the name of the suburb where Saroo went to school?
(b) Fern Tree.
12. In Chapter 1, where was Saroo born?
13. In Chapter 5, what type of boat did Saroo's new dad take him out in?
(c) Row boat.
14. In Chapter 1, what was Saroo's native language?
15. In Chapter 5, how long after Saroo arrived in Australia did he begin school?
(a) About 5 weeks.
(b) 8 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) About a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how old was it thought that Mantosh was when he arrived in Australia?
2. In Chapter 4, what happened when Saroo did not follow a woman when she called him after doing their laundry?
3. In Chapter 6, where did John Brierly's family emigrate from?
4. In Chapter 5, how old was Saroo when his parents adopted another child from India?
5. In Chapter 6, where did Sue Brierly's mother flee from to Germany during the war?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)