|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what were the names of the boys who had recently left the orphanage for Australia?
(a) Odan and Garg.
(b) Aga and Caru.
(c) Daya and Tash.
(d) Abdul and Musa.
2. What was the name of the baby that Sue Brierly's parents had when they emigrated to Australia?
3. In Chapter 6, how long after the Brierly's submitted an application to adopt, did they receive news that they could adopt Saroo?
(a) A couple months.
(b) 10 years.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) 5 years.
4. In Chapter 5, how many bedrooms did the Brierly's have in their home?
5. When was Sue Brierly born?
6. In Chapter 6, where did John Brierly's family emigrate from?
7. In Chapter 5, what was Saroo's favorite toy that the Brierly's gave him when he arrived?
(a) Koala bear.
(b) Tonka truck.
(d) Teddy bear.
8. In Chapter 1, when did Saroo go to Australia to live?
9. In Chapter 6, where did Sue Brierly's parents emigrate from after World War II?
(b) Central Europe.
(d) Eastern Europe.
10. In Chapter 4 at the Liluah juvenile home, how many children would sleep in a bed?
(a) 2 to 3.
(b) 3 to 4.
11. In Chapter 5, when did Saroo land in Melbourne?
(a) September 25, 1987.
(b) July 13, 1987.
(c) August 3, 1987.
(d) October 29, 1987.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 3, how many dead people did Saroo see lying among piles or rubbish?
13. In the Prologue, how long had the author waited to find his old home?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 27 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 22 years.
14. In Chapter 1, what was Saroo's native language?
15. In Chapter 4, where did a teenager take Saroo to get help?
(a) Police station.
(c) City offices.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what happened when Saroo did not follow a woman when she called him after doing their laundry?
2. In Chapter 5, how long after Saroo arrived in Australia did he begin school?
3. In Chapter 4, what color was the book that Saroo's new parents created for him with photographs of them and their home?
4. In Chapter 4, what was a boy doing when Saroo saw him, and then the boy invited Saroo to stay with his family?
5. In Chapter 5, where were members of the Indian community in Hobart from?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)