Prologue to Chapter 3
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Brierly, Saroo. A Long Way Home. G. P. Putnam's Sons, 2013. Hardback.
• In the Prologue, Saroo Brierly returned to India and the home he left when he was five.
• The place was deserted, and his family was gone.
• Saroo no longer spoke Hindi, and he tried to communicate with a young woman who lived next door.
• She spoke some English, so Saroo told her the names of his family members and showed her photos of him when he was a child.
• The woman told him that the family was gone.
• A man approached who spoke English.
• Saroo explained how he got lost and separated from his family, and he was looking for his mother, Kamla; his brothers, Guddu and Kallu; and his sister Shekila.
• The man told Saroo to wait, and that he...
This section contains 4,815 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)