|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who always enters decorative butter pats in the county fair competition, according to Mrs. Weidenbach in "The Day of Judgment"?
(a) Effie Wilcox.
(b) Mrs. Cowgill.
(c) Leota Shrewsbury.
(d) Aunt Puss Chapman.
2. Why does Grandma Dowdel tell the milk delivery boy she won't need cream or milk delivered tomorrow in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) She says she found another dairy to buy from.
(b) She says she's going away.
(c) She says the kids are allergic to the milk.
(d) She says she no longer drinks it.
3. What does Grandma Dowdel tell the milk delivery boy she did with the milk that had a mouse in it, in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) She sent it to the newspaper.
(b) She returned it to the dairy.
(c) She fed it to the cat.
(d) She threw it out.
4. What explodes outside of Grandma Dowdel's house in the beginning of "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) Her outhouse.
(b) Her mailbox.
(c) Her tool shed.
(d) Her rose garden.
5. How old is Joey Dowdel during his first visit to his Grandmother's in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has given out complimentary paper fans at the county fair in "The Day of Judgment"?
2. What does Grandma Dowdel lend to Mr. Cowgill to whip his sons in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
3. What is the reeking smell coming from Grandma Dowdel's cobhouse in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
4. How much is the charge for a ride on the biplane at the county fair in "The Day of Judgment"?
5. What does Grandma Dowdel roll across the floor at the Cowgill brothers when they break into her house in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Joey and Mary Alice meet Aunt Puss Chapman? How is Aunt Puss described?
2. Why does Mrs. Weidenbach come to Grandma Dowdel's home in "The Day of Judgment"?
3. Where does Grandma Dowdel take Joey and Mary Alice to go fishing in “A One Woman Crime Wave"? How do they fish?
4. When is "The Mouse in the Milk" set? How have Joey's and Mary Alice's opinions of their yearly trip to Grandma's changed in this story?
5. What is Grandma Dowdel doing when the children arrive in "The Day of Judgment"? What does this foreshadow?
6. What information do Mary Alice and Joey learn about Grandma's past from Aunt Puss Chapman?
7. How does Grandma Dowdel overcome her adversaries at the end of “A One Woman Crime Wave"?
8. How do Joey and Mary Alice feel about their trip to Grandma Dowdel's in the beginning of "The Day of Judgment"?
9. What items do Mary Alice and Joey Dowdel bring with them on their trip to Grandma's in "The Mouse in the Milk"? Why?
10. What purpose does the novel's Prologue serve? What information is related in the Prologue?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)