|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mary Alice during her trip to Grandma's in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
2. How much is the charge for a ride on the biplane at the county fair in "The Day of Judgment"?
(a) 75 cents.
(b) 50 cents.
(c) 25 cents.
3. How much of her homemade beer does Grandma Dowdel tell Joey to go fetch from the cellar in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) 15-20 bottles.
(b) 2-3 bottles.
(c) 5-10 bottles.
(d) 25-30 bottles.
4. What kind of mailbox does Grandma Dowdel demand from Mr. Cowgill in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) A stainless steel mailbox.
(b) A galvanized iron mailbox.
(c) A decorative rooster mailbox.
(d) A solid oak mailbox.
5. Who has given out complimentary paper fans at the county fair in "The Day of Judgment"?
(a) Butler Fine Furnishings.
(b) Broshear's Funeral Home.
(c) Moose's Store.
(d) The Northern Pacific Railway.
6. Once Grandma Dowdel has committed to entering the competition at the county fair, she and the kids make a pie every how many hours for the next three days in "The Day of Judgment"?
(a) Every six hours.
(b) Every four hours.
(c) Every two hours.
(d) Every five hours.
7. Who is the American Western film actor that Joey cites when he hears the explosion outside Grandma's house in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) Tom Mix.
(b) Buster Keaton.
(c) Buffalo Bill.
(d) John Wayne.
8. Who stops to use Grandma Dowdel's privy before heading home in the end of "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) Ernie Cowgill.
(b) Effie Wilcox.
(c) Mrs. Cowgill.
(d) Mrs. Weidenbach.
9. In what year is "The Mouse in the Milk" set?
10. What toy does Joey bring with him for entertainment at Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) A jigsaw puzzle.
(b) A basketball.
(c) A baseball mitt.
(d) A jump rope.
11. Who lives in the old dilapidated house that Grandma Dowdel takes Joey and Mary Alice to after fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) Aunt Puss Chapman.
(b) Ernie Cowgill.
(c) O. B. Dickerson.
(d) Effie Wilcox.
12. What grade in school has Mary Alice just completed in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) Fourth grade.
(b) Third grade.
(c) Second grade.
(d) Fifth grade.
13. What railroad do Joey and Mary Alice Dowdel take when they go to visit their Grandmother?
(a) The Wabash Railroad.
(b) The Northern Pacific Railroad.
(c) The Wisconsin Central Railroad.
(d) The Florida East Coast Railway.
14. What is Grandma Dowdel holding in her hand when Joey rushes in after hearing Mary Alice screaming in the kitchen, in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) A dead fish and a hatchet.
(b) A mouse in a mousetrap.
(c) A shotgun and a handkerchief.
(d) A bottle of milk.
15. What does Joey say the fine is for using a fish trap in Wisconsin in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grandma Dowdel give her extra catfish to in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
2. According to the posted sign that Grandma Dowdel and the children encounter, who owns the land where they trespass to go fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
3. What does Grandma Dowdel do when a snake falls into the boat in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
4. Why does Grandma Dowdel refuse to take her pie and register it at the Domestic Services tent as soon as she arrives at the fair in "The Day of Judgment"?
5. In what year is "A One-Woman Crime Wave" set?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)