|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma Dowdel tell the milk delivery boy she did with the milk that had a mouse in it, in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) She sent it to the newspaper.
(b) She returned it to the dairy.
(c) She threw it out.
(d) She fed it to the cat.
2. What grade in school has Mary Alice just completed in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) Fifth grade.
(b) Third grade.
(c) Fourth grade.
(d) Second grade.
3. How much money is offered from Grandma Dowdel's stovepipe hat at the rummage sale in "Things with Wings"?
4. Where does Mary Alice claim she found a puppy in "The Phantom Brakeman"?
(a) Behind the church.
(b) At the junkyard.
(c) In the cobhouse.
(d) At the cemetery.
5. During what historical period are the stories set in A Long Way from Chicago?
(a) The Information Age.
(b) The Reconstruction Era.
(c) The Gilded Age.
(d) The Great Depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade does Grandma Dowdel say the milk delivery boy is in after he leaves in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
2. What explodes outside of Grandma Dowdel's house in the beginning of "The Mouse in the Milk"?
3. Where does Joe Dowdel enlist in the military in "The Troop Train"?
4. Why does Grandma Dowdel tell the milk delivery boy she won't need cream or milk delivered tomorrow in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
5. Where does Grandma Dowdel take Joey and Mary Alice to go fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)