|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grandma Dowdel say her old tomcat died in "Centennial Summer"?
(a) "Fell off the roof of the barn last July."
(b) "Fell into the old coal mine."
(c) "Got in front of the Cannonball."
(d) "Got run over by a horse."
2. What toy does Mary Alice bring with her to Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) A hula-hoop.
(b) A jump rope.
(c) A basketball.
(d) A yo-yo.
3. How much are Vandalia's daily wages that she hands over to her mother at the Coffee Cup Cafe in "The Phantom Brakeman"?
(a) 95 cents.
(b) 15 cents.
(c) 75 cents.
(d) 10 cents.
4. How old is Mary Alice during her trip to Grandma's in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
5. In what year is "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground" set?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops to use Grandma Dowdel's privy before heading home in the end of "The Mouse in the Milk"?
2. What does Grandma Dowdel win at the cooking competition at the fair in "The Day of Judgment"?
3. What does Joey do when a snake falls into the boat in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
4. How old does Grandma Dowdel say Uncle Grady Griswold is, in "Centennial Summer"?
5. What is the name of the cafe that is the center of gossip and news in Grandma Dowdel's town?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)