|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization in Grandma's town shows movies at their outdoor picture show in "Things with Wings"?
(a) The Elks Club.
(b) The Freemasons Society.
(c) The Lions Club.
(d) The Kiwanis Club.
2. Who is described in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground" as "A real old, humped-over lady with buck teeth" and crossed eyes that had been the telling the reporter tales at the cafe in town?
(a) Gertrude Smith.
(b) Effie Wilcox.
(c) Mrs. Weidenbach.
(d) Alice Thompson.
3. Who convinces the lawmen to leave Grandma Dowdel alone about her giving away the catfish in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) Earl T. Askew.
(b) Leota Shrewsbury.
(c) Ernie Cowgill.
(d) Aunt Puss Chapman.
4. How old is Joey Dowdel during his trip to his Grandmother's in "The Day of Judgment"?
5. What does the new sign on the train platform say when Joey and Mary Alice get off at Grandma's in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) "75 Miles to St. Louis; Rides $10."
(b) "The Great War is Upon Us. Pray!"
(c) "Drifters Keep Moving: This Means You."
(d) "Welcome to the Centennial Celebration!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma Dowdel win at the cooking competition at the fair in "The Day of Judgment"?
2. In what year was Mrs. Weidenbach's father born?
3. At what battle was Uncle Grady Griswold winged?
4. Who is described by Grandma Dowdel as the "best home-baker in the state of Illinois" in "The Day of Judgment"?
5. What baseball team's hat does Joey wear in "The Day of Judgment"?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)