|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Joey Dowdel during his trip to his Grandmother's in "The Day of Judgment"?
2. What is Grandma Dowdel cleaning on the kitchen table when the milk is delivered in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) Her gun.
(b) Her China dishes.
(c) Her silverware.
(d) Her jewelry.
3. What kind of car does the narrator describe Al Capone owning in "The Day of Judgment"?
(a) A Lincoln limousine.
(b) A red Model-T Ford.
(c) A Rolls Royce limousine.
(d) A Corvette convertible.
4. According to the posted sign that Grandma Dowdel and the children encounter, who owns the land where they trespass to go fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) The Winchester County Elks Club.
(b) The Piatt County Rod and Gun Club.
(c) The Ladies of the DAR.
(d) The United States Fish and Game Commission.
5. What does Grandma Dowdel do when a snake falls into the boat in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) She snaps its neck and throws it overboard.
(b) She shoots it.
(c) She faints.
(d) She hits it with the paddle until it dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the destination city of the train that Joey and Mary Alice take to visit Grandma Dowdel?
2. Why was Grandma Dowdel thrown out of school when she was young?
3. Where does Joey say he and Mary Alice go to see the movies back home in "Things with Wings"?
4. Where does Junior say for Vandalia to meet him at dark when he gives the message to Joey in "The Phantom Brakeman"?
5. Where does Mary Alice suspect her parents will go fishing while they are staying at Grandmother's in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground"?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)