|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in the old dilapidated house that Grandma Dowdel takes Joey and Mary Alice to after fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) Ernie Cowgill.
(b) O. B. Dickerson.
(c) Aunt Puss Chapman.
(d) Effie Wilcox.
2. Who comes in to demand her daughter's wages at the Coffee Cup Cafe in "The Phantom Brakeman"?
(a) Miz Anderson.
(b) Miz Arnold.
(c) Miz Eubanks.
(d) Miz Walters.
3. What has Mrs. Weidenbach won the blue ribbon for at the county fair every year?
(a) Gooseberry pie.
(b) Strawberry and cream pie.
(c) Bread-and-butter pickles.
(d) Apple cobbler.
4. In what year is "Things with Wings" set?
5. Where does Junior say for Vandalia to meet him at dark when he gives the message to Joey in "The Phantom Brakeman"?
(a) At the cemetery.
(b) At the Catholic church.
(c) At her mother's house.
(d) At the cobhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma Dowdel do when a snake falls into the boat in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
2. When was John Dillinger killed?
3. Who is described by Grandma Dowdel as the "best home-baker in the state of Illinois" in "The Day of Judgment"?
4. Whose framed picture hangs on the wall of the Coffee Pot Cafe in "The Phantom Brakeman"?
5. In what year is "The Day of Judgment" set?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)