|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other events are judged on the day of the cooking competition at the fair in "The Day of Judgment"?
(a) Turtle-races and sack races.
(b) Lambs and pigs.
(c) Chickens and frog-racing.
(d) Cattle and quilts.
2. Who lives in the old dilapidated house that Grandma Dowdel takes Joey and Mary Alice to after fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) O. B. Dickerson.
(b) Aunt Puss Chapman.
(c) Ernie Cowgill.
(d) Effie Wilcox.
3. Who does Grandma Dowdel give her extra catfish to in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) The church committee.
(b) Hobos and drifters.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The Chamber of Commerce.
4. What is the name of the cafe that is the center of gossip and news in Grandma Dowdel's town?
(a) The Soup Kitchen Cafe.
(b) The Coffee Pot Cafe.
(c) The Whistle Stop Cafe.
(d) The White Horse Cafe.
5. Where does Grandma Dowdel send Joey to get the Cowgills brothers' parents in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) To the Holy Rollers Church.
(b) To the dairy.
(c) To the White Horse Tavern.
(d) To the lumber mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city do Joey and Mary Alice live in growing up?
2. From what material was the Weidenbachs' home built?
3. How old is Joey Dowdel during his first visit to his Grandmother's in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground"?
4. In what year is "A One-Woman Crime Wave" set?
5. Once Grandma Dowdel has committed to entering the competition at the county fair, she and the kids make a pie every how many hours for the next three days in "The Day of Judgment"?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)