|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Grandma Dowdel holding in her hand when Joey rushes in after hearing Mary Alice screaming in the kitchen, in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) A shotgun and a handkerchief.
(b) A bottle of milk.
(c) A dead fish and a hatchet.
(d) A mouse in a mousetrap.
2. Who lives in the old dilapidated house that Grandma Dowdel takes Joey and Mary Alice to after fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) Ernie Cowgill.
(b) Aunt Puss Chapman.
(c) O. B. Dickerson.
(d) Effie Wilcox.
3. What kind of car does the narrator describe Al Capone owning in "The Day of Judgment"?
(a) A red Model-T Ford.
(b) A Corvette convertible.
(c) A Rolls Royce limousine.
(d) A Lincoln limousine.
4. Who was the rival gangster of Bugs Moran that was involved in the St. Valentine's Day Massacre?
(a) Al Capone.
(b) Teets Battaglia.
(c) Big Jim Colosimo.
(d) Joey Doves.
5. In what year is "The Day of Judgment" set?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what material was the Weidenbachs' home built?
2. What kind of mailbox does Grandma Dowdel demand from Mr. Cowgill in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
3. What does Grandma Dowdel put in the bottom of the cauldron to prevent her apple butter from sticking?
4. Who does Mrs. Weidenbach claim will take the blue ribbon with her individual cherry tarts if someone doesn't stop her in "The Day of Judgment"?
5. In what year is "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground" set?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)