|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma Dowdel lend to Mr. Cowgill to whip his sons in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) A leather strop.
(b) A thorny twig.
(c) A horse-whip.
(d) A leather belt.
2. What toy does Mary Alice bring with her to Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) A basketball.
(b) A hula-hoop.
(c) A yo-yo.
(d) A jump rope.
3. Who are Mary Alice's best friends that she is upset about missing while she's at Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) Beverly and Audrey.
(b) Christine and Marie.
(c) Evelyn and Carol.
(d) Sarah and Michelle.
4. Of Grandma Dowdel, Joey says in "The Mouse in the Milk," "You didn't want to hang around her too close, or she'd" do what?
(a) "Start asking questions."
(b) "Throw a rock at you."
(c) "Give you homework."
(d) "Give you a job."
5. What kind of mailbox does Grandma Dowdel demand from Mr. Cowgill in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) A solid oak mailbox.
(b) A galvanized iron mailbox.
(c) A stainless steel mailbox.
(d) A decorative rooster mailbox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the dairy delivery boy in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
2. Who does Grandma Dowdel claim to have given Shotgun Cheatham his name when she's talking to the reporter in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground"?
3. Where does Grandma Dowdel assert Jesse and Frank James are from in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground"?
4. Who was the rival gangster of Bugs Moran that was involved in the St. Valentine's Day Massacre?
5. How old is Mary Alice during her trip to Grandma's in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)