|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is "A One-Woman Crime Wave" set?
2. What kind of mailbox does Grandma Dowdel demand from Mr. Cowgill in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) A stainless steel mailbox.
(b) A galvanized iron mailbox.
(c) A decorative rooster mailbox.
(d) A solid oak mailbox.
3. What toy does Mary Alice bring with her to Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) A hula-hoop.
(b) A basketball.
(c) A yo-yo.
(d) A jump rope.
4. Who is described in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground" as "A real old, humped-over lady with buck teeth" and crossed eyes that had been the telling the reporter tales at the cafe in town?
(a) Mrs. Weidenbach.
(b) Alice Thompson.
(c) Gertrude Smith.
(d) Effie Wilcox.
5. How old is Joey during his visit to Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the book The Hidden Staircase that Mary Alice reads in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
2. What is the "country saying" that Grandma Dowdel uses when she and the kids set out to go fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
3. What toy does Joey bring with him for entertainment at Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
4. What city do Joey and Mary Alice live in growing up?
5. What does Grandma Dowdel roll across the floor at the Cowgill brothers when they break into her house in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)