|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandma Dowdel tell the milk delivery boy she won't need cream or milk delivered tomorrow in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) She says the kids are allergic to the milk.
(b) She says she's going away.
(c) She says she no longer drinks it.
(d) She says she found another dairy to buy from.
2. What does Grandma Dowdel tell the milk delivery boy she did with the milk that had a mouse in it, in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) She returned it to the dairy.
(b) She threw it out.
(c) She sent it to the newspaper.
(d) She fed it to the cat.
3. What does Grandma Dowdel do when a snake falls into the boat in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) She hits it with the paddle until it dies.
(b) She snaps its neck and throws it overboard.
(c) She faints.
(d) She shoots it.
4. Why does Grandma Dowdel say to "Never trust an ugly woman" in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground"?
(a) "She's got a grudge against the world."
(b) "She might be armed."
(c) "She tells stories to make herself look better."
(d) "She's likely to really be a man."
5. What is the "country saying" that Grandma Dowdel uses when she and the kids set out to go fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) "Go West, Young Man."
(b) "Lift up your bloomers and set sail."
(c) "Douse the fire and hide the ax and skillet."
(d) "Scat and skedaddle."
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of her homemade beer does Grandma Dowdel tell Joey to go fetch from the cellar in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
2. What kind of gun does Grandma Dowdel keep behind the woodbox?
3. Who is Grandma Dowdel's cousin that she mentions to the dairy delivery boy in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
4. What does Joey say the fine is for using a fish trap in Wisconsin in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
5. Why was Grandma Dowdel thrown out of school when she was young?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)