|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "country saying" that Grandma Dowdel uses when she and the kids set out to go fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) "Douse the fire and hide the ax and skillet."
(b) "Scat and skedaddle."
(c) "Lift up your bloomers and set sail."
(d) "Go West, Young Man."
2. Where does Grandma Dowdel send Joey to get the Cowgills brothers' parents in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) To the dairy.
(b) To the Holy Rollers Church.
(c) To the lumber mill.
(d) To the White Horse Tavern.
3. What does the new sign on the train platform say when Joey and Mary Alice get off at Grandma's in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) "Welcome to the Centennial Celebration!"
(b) "75 Miles to St. Louis; Rides $10."
(c) "The Great War is Upon Us. Pray!"
(d) "Drifters Keep Moving: This Means You."
4. How old is Joey Dowdel during his trip to Grandma's house in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
5. What nickname had the Thompson submachine gun gained after the St. Valentine's Day Massacre, according to the narrator in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground"?
(a) "St. Louis gunslinger."
(b) "Brooklyn bookkeeper."
(c) "Chicago typewriter."
(d) "Wind whistler."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Mary Alice's best friends that she is upset about missing while she's at Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
2. What organization does Joey say his father is a member of in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
3. What kind of mailbox does Grandma Dowdel demand from Mr. Cowgill in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
4. What does Joey do when a snake falls into the boat in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
5. What does Grandma Dowdel lend to Mr. Cowgill to whip his sons in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)