|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Mary Alice's best friends that she is upset about missing while she's at Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) Evelyn and Carol.
(b) Beverly and Audrey.
(c) Christine and Marie.
(d) Sarah and Michelle.
2. How old is Joey during his visit to Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
3. Who is described in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground" as "A real old, humped-over lady with buck teeth" and crossed eyes that had been the telling the reporter tales at the cafe in town?
(a) Effie Wilcox.
(b) Alice Thompson.
(c) Mrs. Weidenbach.
(d) Gertrude Smith.
4. What is the destination city of the train that Joey and Mary Alice take to visit Grandma Dowdel?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
5. Where does Grandma Dowdel's old tomcat live?
(a) In the cobhouse.
(b) In the privy.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wilcox say has been destroyed in the night at her home in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
2. What is the "country saying" that Grandma Dowdel uses when she and the kids set out to go fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
3. How does Grandma Dowdel describe Shotgun Cheatham when Mary Alice asks her who he was in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground"?
4. What is Grandma Dowdel holding in her hand when Joey rushes in after hearing Mary Alice screaming in the kitchen, in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
5. Who lives in the old dilapidated house that Grandma Dowdel takes Joey and Mary Alice to after fishing in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)