|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the cafe that is the center of gossip and news in Grandma Dowdel's town?
(a) The Soup Kitchen Cafe.
(b) The Coffee Pot Cafe.
(c) The White Horse Cafe.
(d) The Whistle Stop Cafe.
2. Who is Grandma Dowdel's cousin that she mentions to the dairy delivery boy in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) Ella Richmond.
(b) Leota Shrewsbury.
(c) Effie Wilcox.
(d) Marie Jacobson.
3. What kind of gun does Grandma Dowdel keep behind the woodbox?
(a) A 50-caliber Desert Eagle.
(b) A 12-gauge Winchester Model 21.
(c) A Thompson submachine gun.
(d) A Colt AR-15.
4. What is the name of the town banker where Grandma Dowdel lives?
(a) Jerry Anderson.
(b) A. G. Askew.
(c) L. J. Weidenbach.
(d) Wilson Montgomery.
5. What does Grandma Dowdel tell Mary Alice that Shotgun Cheatham smelled like in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground"?
(a) A flower-bed.
(b) A horse stall.
(c) A polecat.
(d) An oil tanker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grandma Dowdel tell the milk delivery boy she won't need cream or milk delivered tomorrow in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
2. What does Grandma Dowdel roll across the floor at the Cowgill brothers when they break into her house in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
3. What is the name of the general store described downtown where Grandma Dowdel lives?
4. What month is it every year when Joey and Mary Alice visit Grandma Dowdel?
5. Where does Grandma Dowdel's old tomcat live?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)