|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Joey during his visit to Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
2. Where does Grandma Dowdel's old tomcat live?
(a) In the cobhouse.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the privy.
3. Who stops to use Grandma Dowdel's privy before heading home in the end of "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) Mrs. Weidenbach.
(b) Effie Wilcox.
(c) Mrs. Cowgill.
(d) Ernie Cowgill.
4. Of Grandma Dowdel, Joey says in "The Mouse in the Milk," "You didn't want to hang around her too close, or she'd" do what?
(a) "Give you a job."
(b) "Start asking questions."
(c) "Throw a rock at you."
(d) "Give you homework."
5. Who is Grandma Dowdel's cousin that she mentions to the dairy delivery boy in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) Effie Wilcox.
(b) Leota Shrewsbury.
(c) Marie Jacobson.
(d) Ella Richmond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the rival gangster of Bugs Moran that was involved in the St. Valentine's Day Massacre?
2. What toy does Mary Alice bring with her to Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
3. What does Grandma Dowdel tell Mary Alice that Shotgun Cheatham smelled like in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground"?
4. In the Prologue of the book, the narrator describes Grandma Dowdel as being as "tough as" what?
5. Who is the author of the book The Hidden Staircase that Mary Alice reads in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)