|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue of the book, the narrator describes Grandma Dowdel as being as "tough as" what?
(a) "An old boor."
(b) "An ox."
(c) "An old cat."
(d) "A feisty mule."
2. Who is the author of the book The Hidden Staircase that Mary Alice reads in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Carolyn Keene.
(c) Justine Butler.
(d) Albert Wilson.
3. How old is Joey during his visit to Grandma Dowdel's in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
4. When was John Dillinger killed?
(a) June 2, 1934.
(b) June 13, 1933.
(c) July 22, 1934.
(d) September 1, 1935.
5. What kind of dance lessons has Mary Alice been taking for the past year in "The Phantom Brakeman"?
(a) Tap dancing lessons.
(b) Jitterbug lessons.
(c) Waltzing lessons.
(d) Square-dancing lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the proprietress of the Coffee Pot Cafe?
2. What are the instructions for gentlemen on the new banner at the train station in "Centennial Summer"?
3. What explodes outside of Grandma Dowdel's house in the beginning of "The Mouse in the Milk"?
4. How old is Joey Dowdel during his trip to his Grandmother's in "The Day of Judgment"?
5. Where does Junior say for Vandalia to meet him at dark when he gives the message to Joey in "The Phantom Brakeman"?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)