|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandma Dowdel tell the milk delivery boy she won't need cream or milk delivered tomorrow in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) She says the kids are allergic to the milk.
(b) She says she no longer drinks it.
(c) She says she's going away.
(d) She says she found another dairy to buy from.
2. In what year is "The Phantom Brakeman" set?
3. In the Prologue of the book, the narrator describes Grandma Dowdel as being as "tough as" what?
(a) "An ox."
(b) "An old cat."
(c) "An old boor."
(d) "A feisty mule."
4. What movie theater was John Dillinger leaving when he was killed?
(a) The Sun Theater.
(b) The Biograph Theater.
(c) The Orpheus Theater.
(d) The Olympic Theater.
5. What organization does Joey say his father is a member of in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
(a) The Young Republican Society.
(b) The NAACP.
(c) The Conservation Club.
(d) The Society of Quakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is "Things with Wings" set?
2. How old is Joey Dowdel during his trip to his Grandmother's in "The Day of Judgment"?
3. What is the brand of orange soda pop that Joey and Mary Alice cherish in the narrative?
4. What railroad do Joey and Mary Alice Dowdel take when they go to visit their Grandmother?
5. How old is Mary Alice during her trip to Grandma's in "A One-Woman Crime Wave"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)