|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dance lessons has Mary Alice been taking for the past year in "The Phantom Brakeman"?
(a) Tap dancing lessons.
(b) Jitterbug lessons.
(c) Square-dancing lessons.
(d) Waltzing lessons.
2. What does Grandma Dowdel roll across the floor at the Cowgill brothers when they break into her house in "The Mouse in the Milk"?
(a) A cherry bomb.
(b) A wooden nickel.
(c) A roll of money.
(d) A hand grenade.
3. What month is it every year when Joey and Mary Alice visit Grandma Dowdel?
4. What does Grandma Dowdel win at the cooking competition at the fair in "The Day of Judgment"?
(a) A $25 gift certificate.
(b) A red ribbon.
(c) A yellow ribbon.
(d) A blue ribbon.
5. What are the instructions for gentlemen on the new banner at the train station in "Centennial Summer"?
(a) "Grow a beard or pay a fine!"
(b) "Take your lady by the arm!"
(c) "Exit to the right of the station."
(d) "Enter the physical strength contest!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Grandma Dowdel assert Jesse and Frank James are from in "Shotgun Cheatham's Last Night Above Ground"?
2. When was John Dillinger killed?
3. What does Grandma Dowdel tell Joey and Mary Alice to look for in addition to historical clothes in the attic in "Centennial Summer"?
4. What name does Mary Alice tell Joey she is giving to the puppy that she found in "The Phantom Brakeman"?
5. How much does Joey describe the soap "Cashmere Bouquet" as costing in "The Phantom Brakeman"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)